Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I see Dumb people.

MazDan said:
I find that the world is full of them.
^^^ Not to sound like a snob, but 'nuff said. And IQ is not necessarily a measure of intelligence in this kind of society IMO... lots of Harvard & even MIT grads who are idiots (most are loud, outgoing & great at bluffing but hold the most naive, even moronic views on the world IMO).

P.S. it's probably not only society, but also genetics & so-called laws of natural selection that sets up the shy/quiet person to 'lose' and the outgoing/daring risk-takers to 'win' in terms of money, relationships, etc. In other words, *some* intelligence + risk-taking often seems to win out over brilliance + introversion, at least insofar as mainstream society defines success.

Last edited:
Whoever makes shopping trolleys in Australia is REALLY dumb!

In NZ the rear wheels are fixed so you can steer the trolley straight and accurately through the store.

However the Australian trolleys rear wheels aren't fixed and this is why people are pushing their trolleys sideways throughout the store! A ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa! :D

So dumb.

Well that may be, but I like to run along with the trolley then lift my feet up and do 360s. New Zealanders couldn't do that, now could they.

I hate wayward trolleys: Even worse, when you THINK you have a good trolley, but as it gets heavier with food, it's harder to manouver... and you end up having to roll it sideways to get to the car - and lord help you if there is even the slightest hint of a grade in the carpark. :\

I reckon the goose that designed the new method for serving and making the burgers at Mcdonalds should win a prize for dumbness.

I would say in the dumbness stakes, the decision is right up there with the goose that knocked back the opportunity to manage the Beatles.

MazDan said:
I reckon the goose that designed the new method for serving and making the burgers at Mcdonalds should win a prize for dumbness.

Yea, I don't like it either. It takes longer, because they make it to serve, but it still isn't any fresher really, because the meat sits already cooked in a plastic container in a warmer.

I would say in the dumbness stakes, the decision is right up there with the goose that knocked back the opportunity to manage the Beatles.

Hindsight is 20/20.

and its still horrible shit.

With regards to the Beatles thing; we all make mistakes, doesn't make us stupid. Unless of course we make them repeatedly and constantly.

LittleSmoke said:
People that keep pressing and hitting the pedestrian crossing button as if it would make the green light come up faster !
I see a lot of Indians and Chinese doing it...
Luckily the devices are strong enough to take the beating and still keep functioning

This drives me NUTS!! I give people daggers just cos they're so insanely stupid. And some people really fucking bash the damn thing...not just a few taps but a full 10 hit combo. Fuck.

No racial bias either - though men do it a lot more than women.

I felt dumber for hearing this when I was 15, but a 20 year old guy thought the world used to be black and white.

Why? Because television shows were.

I declare this as proof that tv makes you a damn dumb sorry bastard!

Doppelganger said:
I felt dumber for hearing this when I was 15, but a 20 year old guy thought the world used to be black and white.

Why? Because television shows were.

I declare this as proof that tv makes you a damn dumb sorry bastard!

Pfft, yea, what an idiot, doesn't he realise that the world was just sound at first, because people used to listen to the wireless.

Thanks, gang, great laughs. I keep picturing people chasing their trolleys across the parking lot like they were on an ice rink, sliding sideways and out of control. I can offer a few gems I've found over the years, but I can't mention names or it would be the death of me.

Eating a chocolate chip cookie...."How do they get all the chips to the bottom?"

When changing the clocks for daylight savings time ... "How does the sun know to come up an hour later?"

Trying to arrange an appointment..."Does Tuesday, November 6th fall on a Tuesday?"
I respond "You're asking if Tuesday, Nov 6th is on a Tuesday?"
Them "Yeah.."
I walked away.

^^All of the above were by one person, very close to me <3

I recall a Dilbert cartoon where he's checking out at the grocery store, the bill was like $7.13 and he gave them $11.81 and waited for correct change, because he felt it was his small way of forcing people to get smarter.

Roman Sabien?

^
You were soo that character in 'The Negotiator',
hey LB.

The black one.

No, the other one.

The guy who was
of
a diff'rent colour...?

:)

They're fantastic, TLB! :D

Someone very close to me once asked me how long 2 minute noodles needed to be cooked for. :D

It reminds me of the Blue Collar Boys - "Here's Your Sign" :D

Having said all of that, i was standing in line once, at the Sleven (7-11) with my mum and saw some really pretty flowers. I leaned over to smell them, when i realised they were plastic. Mum and the cashier cracked up.

When i was in grade 6, our teacher was telling us aobut mining accidents, and how explosions occur. He asked us what kind of safety precautions did we think should be taken, and i responded with:

"They should all be given parachutes to wear".

The teacher cracked up, i thought it was a good idea. :\

saw some really pretty flowers. I leaned over to smell them, when i realised they were plastic.

ive done that before myself; and to be polite commented on how lovely they smelled before being informed they were plastic. :\

...kytnism...:|

kittymeow said:
This drives me NUTS!! I give people daggers just cos they're so insanely stupid. And some people really fucking bash the damn thing...not just a few taps but a full 10 hit combo. Fuck.

No racial bias either - though men do it a lot more than women.

I just like hitting things. I often jump and kick it instead of pressing it.

It's just fun is all.

vanth said:
I certainly haven't noticed any racial bias towards button pressing behavior.

Yeah, I said rubbish there. Sorry, I shouldn't have written that, prejudice is awful. But I had been on trains to inner west suburbs and got annoyed that day. Sorry again.

eggman88888 said:
I personaly dont like touching those buttons at all

hehe i just walk when i see a gap - simple! ;)

I still dont see preacha in here ;) =D

Last edited:
I don't touch those buttons either. You don't know where they've been. :\