• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants How long have you been using meth?

Ive been shooting up for 6 years now, daily, everyday, never missed a single day since August 2014, I slam about .2-.25 gram a shot, 7-10 times a day... Are there any others that can relate to my usage? Or am i doing it too much (I know its a lot but...)? There has to be somebody else?

Im relatively new here but Im on both the heroin and meth(I smoke meth, but IV heroin however it doesn't mean I am limited to one or the other)

Your usage is nothing too terrible... I actually came here in your situation to see if there was anyone else in my position since- as bad as all the implications are lol, Ive ironically been on the meth for more than half my adult life. (Basically at two decades, into the third)... Now I probably smoke more than you, but whenever i shoot it I find that I am a bit lazy to smoke it for quite sometime after... Doesn't really lessen my usage though as some days i typically go thru a ball, if i get lucky and am really just too busy then maybe at the very least half of that?

Now its sorta messed up for me, i know all the stigma and bad habits/mind damaging elements of the meth (so-called in my case anyway) but for instance i work Mon-Fri, i sustain a perfectly normal life style. Im at the point now where I just flat out deny meth use or any form of drug use lol even though i have two large dependencies on both opiates and meth, and tbh each time Imake the choice to get off it my life has come to a standstill. I feel deteriorated as a human lol,put it this way..If I had to see or visit family tomorrow, I would make sure that I had ample amounts of it so I can continue to pass as regular lol.

Also wanna mention that each time I've stopped, my career and just financial situation has gone to the shitter. Like seriously dont wanna work and even when technically "clean" (drug is out of your system physically) I am completely UNMOTIVATED to work or to earn a living.

So the obvious solution is to keep going right lol, I'd love to hear from those who have had experience in this actual topic with the sort of timeframes that is implied.

Is being on meth and heroin sustainable for lifetime use? Money wont be an issue so don't factor that in... But purely from a health-care point of view.
Thanks and cheers

*edit, i notice alot of posters which are doubting the actual usage of the OP.

I am not defending him, however- i would like to point out that tolerance to meth doesn't really go away. Im not talking about it being non existant but the first time you shoot up .3, ifupuntil that point you were using much less, you would find yourself in a spiral of trying to get a similar rush (the sort which makes you put your head down to comprehend wtf just happened lol) and all of a sudden you're now using .2 each time and more and more frequently, simply means that he has a tolerance to it but for whatever reason weather its financial or mental lol he is only sticking to .2 shots. Personally since as i said i prefer to smoke it, it means that I dont ever see myself using more than .25 lol, (typically half of it haha) because of what everyone else has said (after using I feel like i dont need to for a while and being a chronic smoker that means i get to not waste my time inhaling exhaling until im actually out of breath more often than getting any sort of result) but yeah; i dont think that the OP should be written off completely.. just cause hes new (i am too lol i know why im here though; i have no intention of stopping i just want to be more well informed about my choice so, i dont think that lying to begin with seems like a motive which makes much sense)

Last edited:
Im relatively new here but Im on both the heroin and meth(I smoke meth, but IV heroin however it doesn't mean I am limited to one or the other)

Your usage is nothing too terrible... I actually came here in your situation to see if there was anyone else in my position since- as bad as all the implications are lol, Ive ironically been on the meth for more than half my adult life. (Basically at two decades, into the third)... Now I probably smoke more than you, but whenever i shoot it I find that I am a bit lazy to smoke it for quite sometime after... Doesn't really lessen my usage though as some days i typically go thru a ball, if i get lucky and am really just too busy then maybe at the very least half of that?

Now its sorta messed up for me, i know all the stigma and bad habits/mind damaging elements of the meth (so-called in my case anyway) but for instance i work Mon-Fri, i sustain a perfectly normal life style. Im at the point now where I just flat out deny meth use or any form of drug use lol even though i have two large dependencies on both opiates and meth, and tbh each time Imake the choice to get off it my life has come to a standstill. I feel deteriorated as a human lol,put it this way..If I had to see or visit family tomorrow, I would make sure that I had ample amounts of it so I can continue to pass as regular lol.

Also wanna mention that each time I've stopped, my career and just financial situation has gone to the shitter. Like seriously dont wanna work and even when technically "clean" (drug is out of your system physically) I am completely UNMOTIVATED to work or to earn a living.

So the obvious solution is to keep going right lol, I'd love to hear from those who have had experience in this actual topic with the sort of timeframes that is implied.

Is being on meth and heroin sustainable for lifetime use? Money wont be an issue so don't factor that in... But purely from a health-care point of view.
Thanks and cheers
Lifer here, and depends on your definition of “ life”.

I know that alot of people tend to fall off the rails (so to speak) much earlier.. from first few weeks to months or even to few years..
Its sorta rare to find anyone with real long term abuse on it... hence why I decided to post here to find anyone with experience haha..

But the only other person which I personally know and have been able to see who has a similar usage lenght as myself appears to be quite rnormal. Which leads me to believe that maybe it is possible to just continue on til the day I go byebye.

Should probably mention aswell; I believe that a persons mindset will greatly effect how you proceed on the drug.
If your intentions are to get high af then sure many comments apply about not going over a threshhold... but I've been at this same dose for no less than a decade (this time in particular close to 3 years w/o missing any day) and I see it the same as I would see a morning coffee. I need it to function without it I wont. When i feel that I taken in enough energy to last me for my day then I tend to not have anymore since Im always in a battle with myself with keeping time and always try to never lag like a meth head lol.

When i say life- typically im referring to day to day tasks which we tend to forget about being meth heads(sleeping daily, I only get about 6 hours a night but its worth mentioning that I will have a puff just before sleeping lol) . I have a wife who is 100% sober which does help in many cases, as I have to always make sure to hold myself to a certain standard especially in social situations..

Well I will say this, usually you won’t know until it’s too late. Hope your story’s different.

Thanks and cheers

*edit, i notice alot of posters which are doubting the actual usage of the OP.

I am not defending him, however- i would like to point out that tolerance to meth doesn't really go away. Im not talking about it being non existant but the first time you shoot up .3, ifupuntil that point you were using much less, you would find yourself in a spiral of trying to get a similar rush (the sort which makes you put your head down to comprehend wtf just happened lol) and all of a sudden you're now using .2 each time and more and more frequently, simply means that he has a tolerance to it but for whatever reason weather its financial or mental lol he is only sticking to .2 shots. Personally since as i said i prefer to smoke it, it means that I dont ever see myself using more than .25 lol, (typically half of it haha) because of what everyone else has said (after using I feel like i dont need to for a while and being a chronic smoker that means i get to not waste my time inhaling exhaling until im actually out of breath more often than getting any sort of result) but yeah; i dont think that the OP should be written off completely.. just cause hes new (i am too lol i know why im here though; i have no intention of stopping i just want to be more well informed about my choice so, i dont think that lying to begin with seems like a motive which makes much sense)
Thank you! To confirm, I stick around the amount i do each time consistently cuz, like u said tolerance goes up so I'm not in any Financial crisis preventing me from an increase in dosage but more I just gotten used to doing that much and learn to be happy with it cuz I know it will just get worse if I kept increasing amount each time I slammed... Also that's correct, I really do e better things to do than come on here and lie about shit. No gain whatsoever.

I believe ya dude. I’ve got a tolerance like ya wouldn’t believe too. Used to enjoy the across the table “ gunfight” pissing contests. Never once threw in the towel, puked, or died ( well, once, but was from the victory lap lol. )
I’m not bragging, has ruined me, even during 20 years off the rig, that bar for how good you can feel set so high, contentment is fleeting at best. Enjoy the cars and the home. It’s a matter of time bud. She’s a jealous bitch, never plays well with others for long
Appreciate it man. nice to know some are taking me seriously...

keeping dosing as low as possible is key to maintaining a life. good on you for being able to hold it down. your a better man than me i couldn't keep anything in order in my life. meth was all that mattered to me.
I know it gets the best of most people and I won't deny that it's put a burden of my life and how my mind works and my attitude about shit it really does feel like I'm losing it some days but it's nothing that's been any different for the last several years I guess. I've always I'm the type to have more willpower and mind control. I also have morals the stem far beyond dope. I have a good work ethic. It may also be worth mentioning that I attended College again for the fourth time a few years ago under the influence and 2 years later I actually graduated with honors making deans list every semester. mind you i was living in a 1 bedroom apartment at the beginning of school. Ive been high every day since and I got everything i have now all while being fucked up. I'M. not bragging or condoning it, just throwing out there ive managed quite a bit while high. Thank you for the kind words.

I know it gets the best of most people and I won't deny that it's put a burden of my life and how my mind works and my attitude about shit it really does feel like I'm losing it some days but it's nothing that's been any different for the last several years I guess. I've always I'm the type to have more willpower and mind control. I also have morals the stem far beyond dope. I have a good work ethic. It may also be worth mentioning that I attended College again for the fourth time a few years ago under the influence and 2 years later I actually graduated with honors making deans list every semester. mind you i was living in a 1 bedroom apartment at the beginning of school. Ive been high every day since and I got everything i have now all while being fucked up. I'M. not bragging or condoning it, just throwing out there ive managed quite a bit while high. Thank you for the kind words.
I do believe what you’re saying but I do want to make this point. If you think, and this is a rhetorical statement, That you were somehow better faster stronger smarter than me or anybody else that Are declaring that it handed us our asses, then you’re already in the Rip current. I like everyone of us we’re just swimming with the Current, it’ll eventually we can let you go. I don’t care what your experiences with it how long you’ve been doing it how many people you know that have “used successfully” you have no fucking idea what you’re up against. And I say that with much love and petty

I went through a mad IV stage where I was pumping it in nearly every day (about a gram) and basically feeling nothing. The IV ritual was more exciting than the actual meth at that stage. It was a combination of ordinary quality meth, my tolerance, and being on anti-psychotics. I was just wasting time and money.

Anyway, after taking a break for 2 months my connect started serving absolutely fire gear and I took to smoking it instead of shooting it. I’m actually enjoying it way more than IV, using less quantities less frequently and still ending up totally blasted each time I do.

I doubt I will ever go back to IV meth.

If we lived closer, I’d take that bet ole man😎. We’re you ever functional? I kind of enjoyed 90’s early 2000 dope for smoking. Ice? Don’t like the fiend the cartel put in it. Although was asked to rate some tomorrow am that is supposed to be “ choice”. Want opinion of “ An old goat” Wtf? If I could have, would have punched him over the phone. Been called a lot of things lol. God I’m old. Smoking too repetitive

2 grams a day is at the higher end of what I have ever seen anybody doing. Although one needs to account for individual metabolism and the quality of the meth. Some people have a natural tolerance.

Shooting up 7-10 times a day seems a bit excessive though. That’s like what every 3 hours or so? Every IV shot brings a lot of risks, not to mention the destruction of your veins. I’m kind of surprised you can still find an injection site after that level of usage.

Meth is active for at least 12 hours in the body, so something isn’t right. It’s probably a combination of your metabolism, your tolerance, and weak meth. Are you also taking any psych meds? They definitely reduce the effect of meth and encourage more frequent use.

You would probably benefit from a break. Also from a thorough medical / physical exam to evaluate how well your body is holding up.
It seems sir has good quality and knows how to keep his veins clear of damage

Believe me I used grams a day, Ephylone and Hexen all day everyday until both were off the market. I sometimes shot 50 time a day, it is possible.. I'm not étonné by his use. Tolerance and aacclimatation are a thing you know
You lie like a rug; Those numbers don't add up and no one should (could) follow in these footsteps. .1 or .2 IV ICE lasts a damn lifetime, ain't no man alive can pop 10 shots every 24 for that many years and still be able to register red and type on the keyboard. You've either lost all your pipelines and are just skin poppin and poking yourself (Y?) or you're straight shooting total BS onto the interwebs for some weird hoot. My guess is the latter.

Meth is weak as f* compared to ephylone or Hexen, those who tried know. I've tried both and I know. Eventhough I was on antipsychs though. I still consider OP a hero though

i'm a lot like you. i never crossed my moral line. it was always my problem and i never wanted to make it other people's problem. i did however sell meth my whole time using to support my habit and i did aid in the destruction of many lives for many years. such is life. i miss the stuff every day damnit even dream about it every few nights or so after being clean for the better part of a decade. meth will forever hold a place in my heart

I do believe what you’re saying but I do want to make this point. If you think, and this is a rhetorical statement, That you were somehow better faster stronger smarter than me or anybody else that Are declaring that it handed us our asses, then you’re already in the Rip current. I like everyone of us we’re just swimming with the Current, it’ll eventually we can let you go. I don’t care what your experiences with it how long you’ve been doing it how many people you know that have “used successfully” you have no fucking idea what you’re up against. And I say that with much love and petty
that's not at all the the point of my message. I never had the thought of thinking I'm better than anyone because of what I've done or haven't done or when I have or don't have I was simply stating where I'm at in life and where I have been for the last few years leading up to me coming here looking for relative people the situations similar to my own. I'm not trying to talk shit or boast myself or anything like that. It's more trying to keep a positive attitude through this inevitably disastrous lifestyle that I have accepted will be with me until I die. Why would you continue to look at the negative shit about something that you cannot change? just roll with it and be optimistic right? That's all I was trying to say so don't take it so personal

If anyone happens to find themselves addicted to both meth and an ssri antidepressant, don't ever quit the antidepressant over the meth, if given the choice. And don't continue using the meth if the Rx meds are no longer an option.
I'm experiencing a delayed but very acute withdrawal effect, presumably from the lack of Zoloft. Been off the low dose Zoloft for about a week or week and a half now, but the meth use continued. I thought all would be OK and that I was out of the woods as far as ssri withdrawals. I was wrong. The last 3 days have been terrible, and always around 2 hours after waking up. Horrible waves of depression, anxiety, and borderline physically ill. When I do give in around 5-6 pm and do a bit of meth, I find my tolerance is at insane levels, which Is weird because I thought it would have gone down after ceasing the zoloft.

I know that alot of people tend to fall off the rails (so to speak) much earlier.. from first few weeks to months or even to few years..
Its sorta rare to find anyone with real long term abuse on it... hence why I decided to post here to find anyone with experience haha..

But the only other person which I personally know and have been able to see who has a similar usage lenght as myself appears to be quite rnormal. Which leads me to believe that maybe it is possible to just continue on til the day I go byebye.

Should probably mention aswell; I believe that a persons mindset will greatly effect how you proceed on the drug.
If your intentions are to get high af then sure many comments apply about not going over a threshhold... but I've been at this same dose for no less than a decade (this time in particular close to 3 years w/o missing any day) and I see it the same as I would see a morning coffee. I need it to function without it I wont. When i feel that I taken in enough energy to last me for my day then I tend to not have anymore since Im always in a battle with myself with keeping time and always try to never lag like a meth head lol.

When i say life- typically im referring to day to day tasks which we tend to forget about being meth heads(sleeping daily, I only get about 6 hours a night but its worth mentioning that I will have a puff just before sleeping lol) . I have a wife who is 100% sober which does help in many cases, as I have to always make sure to hold myself to a certain standard especially in social situations..
I'm right there with you bro. I can relate in several ways to your comment. Particularly the part where you mention intentions using. I have been able to remain at the same dosage / frequency for several years because im not out to push the limits. Im more for being conservative with the intention of functioning on a day to day basis.

I understand that everybody is different but how on earth would anyone be able to snort/smoke/shoot 2+ grams per day and not pass out from complete exhaustion after a few days wide awake? The longest I have stayed up on ice was 4 days and I was a complete wreck.

I dont see how people can claim to live a normal life ie 9-5 job with kids and a family all the while blowing through 2 or more grams and sleeping that night. Something doesnt add up. Am I missing something?
I sleep almost every night. work 12 hr shifts overnights. easy asf