• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Final of the GHB/1,4-B/GBL FAQ.

apollo said:
[/I] After examining several sources, I have deduced that it is possible to dissolve 1 gram of GHB powder into less than 1ml of water.

What form of GHB powder was this? I find it is generally harder, and that 750mg/ml is the best that I can do with NaGHB, (without heat and being all syrupy and sticky), esp for those who prefer to IV it.

This was taken from US patent 6,472,431 :

(I couldn't figure out how to format the table yet)

Limits of Sodium Oxybate Solubility

ID Sodium Oxybate Maximum
A Solubility pH of Solution Temperature
B 450 mg/cc pH 4 (HCl) 25.degree.
C 500 mg/cc pH 5 (HCl) 25.degree.
D 600 mg/cc pH 6 (HCl) 25.degree.
E 750 mg/cc pH 6.8 (HCl) 25.degree.
F 750 mg/cc + pH 10.3 25.degree.
G 1000 mg/cc pH unadjusted 65.degree. Soluble, 25.degree. Gel

Last edited:
Greatest FAQ ever.

kudos once again to apollo.

big trancer - i understand you are following some BL policy but why has the GHB FAQ been closed in this forum ?? IIRC it appears elsewhere in the closed form so why could it not have remained open here ??

in my experience the most dangerous side effect of GHB has ocurred in the bathroom. more than once i have suffered serious injuries there whilst under the influence.

may post a serious horror story if anyone is interested.

[Edit: For reference, I locked the GHB FAQ prior to Apollo's departure, so that it would not be deleted in the potential scenario that Apollo's closing thread in the staff forum triggered the Autobahn bot to ban his account. I am not privy to the workings of the software (so was not sure if Autobahn just disabled an account or removed all posts of that account as well) but my action was taken because I did not want this wonderful FAQ to disappear by some software error that may have occurred. I would have answered this question by private message also, furthermore I have always made it known that if anyone wishes to add content to a locked thread in this forum all they need to do is send me a PM to arrange it. I will merge this thread into the GHB FAQ. BigTrancer]

Last edited by a moderator:
Being one of the Kings of the anecdote round these parts, I'm always keen to hear such a story xtcxtc.

The reason states: " Closed by: BigTrancer
Reason: Static resource."

I guess if you have anything to add (this goes for anyone) message a Aus DD mod and you can either get them to open the thread or put the content you want into it by them.

I would say closing it closes it to traffic that might just have 'crap' in it as opposed to a great piece of information. FAQS shouldn't have pages and pages of people talking, just the cold hard facts put into an easy to read format of Frequently Asked Questions..

Thread reopened. All people have to do is ask in a private message and I will either explain why a thread was closed, or reopen it to allow them to add content which is ON-TOPIC and follows our guidelines. My reasoning is now included in xtcxtc's post above.

Please remember this is a FAQ thread, where discussion is intended to be about the FAQ document. It is not a GHB 'mega-thread', and as such posts on specific aspects of GHB should be directed into their own threads.

BigTrancer.

^^ All you get is "Note: Your session has timed out. Please close your browser and re-start."

Try to find the real url instead of something like ctresult.asp?pagenum=1 because that's done server side and not a 'real url' to the exact address you are looking for.

Two questions. Wasn't really sure whether to make a seperate thread or not..

1. Does anybody else find that the aphrodisiac effects of GHB last for days afterwards? *read* mass frustration.

Im pretty sure I worked out my second question. If it goes crystallized not in the fridge (but it was a cold day) would this mean it was 1,4,B?

Deformed,

As someone who unfortunately has experienced GBL/GHB withdrawl. I suggest that you start to taper slowly off of it, and forget about it for a while. It's a fun drug, but TRUST ME the withdrawl symptoms are absolutely AWFUL.

Please be careful!

would be good to include how long gbl and 1,4B take to effect aswell, i could only see that info on ghb

apollo said:

4.2 Is GHB/1,4-B/GBL illegal?
This depends on your area, so you will have to confirm for yourself, but it is safest to assume that they are all illegal. GHB is illegal in the EU, Australia, Japan, South Africa, the UK, the USA and numerous other countries. I do not have the time to research the legality of 1,4-B or GBL, but it’s best to assume that for one reason or another (e.g. an analogue act) they’re illegal too.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything more about the history of legality of GHB/1,4B/GBL in Australia. When was it first made illegal? Cheers!

PS. A fantastic FAQ!!

apollo said:
Ok xtcxtc, unless I've read your post incorrectly what you're saying is you don't want to be taken to hospital if you overdose on GHB, despite your doctors advice, correct? (I hope so, otherwise I read it wrong)

As far as I'm concerned it's up to you. If you want to tell your friends you'd rather not be taken to hospital if you overdose, so be it. That's entirely your prerogative if you ask me.

Three things however;

1. If someone said that to me, I would try to make sure I'm not around them when they take GHB because I don't like doing things people tell me not to and there's just no way I could ever watch someone overdose and not call an ambulance.

2. Consider what your death from a GHB overdose would do for our cause here at Bluelight. There'd be an anti-GHB propaganda explosion!

3. The question begs, and maybe it's not my place to ask, but what you've said worries me slightly. Why would you risk brain damage/death rather than go to hospital? :\

one of the medical benefits of GHB is as a sleep aid ( i believe Harry has a medical prescription for this reaso ).

i also use it to "knock me out" at least 3 times a night currently so how do you define "overdose"??

I found GHB in the "Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act 1981" amended to July 2005 (online at http://www.dms.dpc.vic.gov.au ). However I didn't see 1,4B/GBL there... perhaps I missed them! Is there a specific govt doc referring to analogues?

Thanks phase_dancer. It was as if the Herald Sun heard my question with their reports in yesterday's paper.

Ravers rev up on lethal brew

"Drug professionals said state and federal Governments would have to consider making the two chemicals harder to get.

They could do so either by including them in the Drugs, Poisons and Controlled Substances Act or listing them as chemicals able to be bought only by licensed users.

It is already illegal to supply, manufacture, possess, sell or use GHB in Australia. "

(referring to 1,4B and GBL)

So the Herald Sun thinks they are still legally available in Melbourne. Certainly not the most trustworthy source of information, but interesting that this is the media's understanding!

I really should have posted this before, but this is a fucking awesome FAQ, the result of a fuckload of time & quality effort. Definitely one on my download and store list.

=D

-plaz out-