• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Final of the GHB/1,4-B/GBL FAQ.

Outstanding

Fantastic resource which should be read by anyone that is considering taking GHB, 1,4B or GBL.

I take my hat off to the Author and all who contributed to the creation of this FAQ.

xtcxtc said:
one of the medical benefits of GHB is as a sleep aid ( i believe Harry has a medical prescription for this reaso ).

i also use it to "knock me out" at least 3 times a night currently so how do you define "overdose"??

That's not an easy question...

To my mind, inherent in an overdose is a lack of care in dosing. I imagine you know how much it takes to "knock you out", and don't simply have a swig before bed. Also I see overdoses resulting in a potential for harm... Only you can judge whether you're putting yourself at risk, by the sounds of things :)

New research has come out on GHB. Some of the data comes from an online survey advertised here in 2004. This is a really interesting read, it can get a bit technical in terms of social theory, but is actually quite entertaining (for a journal article!).

Duff, C. (2005). "Charging" And "Blowing out": Patterns and cultures of GHB use in Melbourne, Australia. Contemporary Drug Problems, 32(4), 605-655.

Recent increases in the use of gamma hydroxybutyrate (GHB) in club and rave settings have been associated with a series of acute health problems including overdose. Drawing upon research recently completed in Melbourne, Australia among a sample of young club and rave patrons, this article explores the knowledge, attitudes and related "risk-behaviors " of individuals who use GHB, as well as the various cultures and contexts surrounding its use. A mixed quantitative and qualitative research design was utilized, comprising a detailed survey (N=923) and semistructured interviews (N=24). Almost all survey respondents reported to have consumed illicit drugs in the past, with around half reporting "lifetime" use of GHB. A quarter reported using GHB in the past year. GHB related harms were widely reported with 22% of GHB users reporting to have overdosed on the drug at least once. The article closes with recommendations for GHB specific prevention and harm reduction strategies.

I have the pdf for those who'd like to read it.

new user here, just wanted to say thanks for the FAQ :) It is very informative and easy to understand, cheers!

Just a question in regards to diluting GBL, due to just not being fucked to work it out.. how would u dilute GBL to work out to 1g of GHB per ml?

Any one who can be bothered to work it, it'd be handy :) cheers

I still get contacted about ambiguities and things people don't like in this FAQ...

I'll put the next hour into polishing things up a little.

A friend was caught with around 8mls of GBL in QLD and was charged and has a court date, he told them it was Absinthe as that was what he was sold it as (so he says), it is being lab tested, he has had drug troubles with police in the past but no convictions. What is he looking at fine/sentence wise.

I don't know, but I suggest he owns up to it. No one buys 8mls of absinthe, it's not even a shot...

I sincerely hope you're not talking about thujone. That's 7.36 grams (0.92g/ml density), which is roughly enough for one hundred strong doses by illegal terms. It's the amount in 736 liters of absinthe you buy over the bar (24533 and 1/3 shots). He probably looks like a wannabe supplier for the twisted, depressed arty bohemian underbelly of your capital city.

8(

Lol...SWIS (someone who isn't splatt) is a fucking moron... and should be punished accordingly :p (this is a joke... splatt understands)

^ Hey apollo, nice to hear from you again.

Thujone and extracts containing it are banned in Australia (other than the small amounts in absinthe drinks), so I don't know how much of a defence that would be.

Water and fruits. And make sure you piss and shit before going to sleep, I find it helps a lot and especially if it is GBL because the stuff that comes out of you after that is not nice to keep inside your body for long periods of time, just smell after you take a leak.

(Post went missing above me... this was the answer for: What should you take after consuming Ghb/GBL/1,4b that will act like a 5-HTP for MDMA)

Last edited:
For a final its shit.

I wrote apollo PMs without response so:

The correct ratio of GBL resembling GHB-sodium salt is not 1 to 1,6 but 1 to 1,44.

GBL does not need a "hydroxyl ion" for being converted to GHB but simply water. You can see this easily from the formulas:
GBL: C4H6O2
GHB: C4H8O3
So this statement on GBL and the drawn conclusions are wrong, the whole idea is plain ridiculous - fastandbulbous pointed this out before doesn´t anybody listen?

Overall the whole thing - as much praise it deserves - needs some serious overhaul. Where is apollo or the moderation?

The final is actually held in the drug FAQ's section of Bluelight:

GHB FAQ

Apollo was one of our great mods but has long since retired and we don't see him around these parts anymore. Don't forget the FAQ is about 3 or 4 years old and things may have been learned or revised since it was written.

If you would like to recreate a more correct FAQ feel free and submit it, we will be more than happy to accept.

How big is GHB in australia these days, has it died down at all? or is it just as popular as it always was?

How readily available is it compared to say a few years ago.

I'd like to make a note - 1,4-b when diluted with water, the freezing point doesn't lower equally to the dilution ratio. i read the BASF report pdf file on the chemical and the freezing point changes quite violently at different ratios, up and down.

fishinabottle said:
For a final its shit.

I wrote apollo PMs without response so:

The correct ratio of GBL resembling GHB-sodium salt is not 1 to 1,6 but 1 to 1,44.

GBL does not need a "hydroxyl ion" for being converted to GHB but simply water. You can see this easily from the formulas:
GBL: C4H6O2
GHB: C4H8O3
So this statement on GBL and the drawn conclusions are wrong, the whole idea is plain ridiculous - fastandbulbous pointed this out before doesn´t anybody listen?

Overall the whole thing - as much praise it deserves - needs some serious overhaul. Where is apollo or the moderation?

Stop talking like Bluelight, and yours truly, owe you anything. It's not a paper. I wrote it before I studied any science, and I don't have time or energy for it anymore.

Now;
a) Everything you've said has been said before.
b) Despite this, you were the tipping point and I changed the FAQ when you messaged me. I didn't reply because you have no manners, which you've further demonstrated here.

On a lighter note, thanks zaineaol.nu, I edited it.

Fry-d-, if you could copy it over to the FAQ forum I'd appreciate it. If someone wants to redo it, they have my support :)

phase, I come by every once in a while. Uni ate my life. Hope all is well :)

Last edited: