• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Final of the GHB/1,4-B/GBL FAQ.

bk, I guess that's proof that the meaning & appropriate contextual use of the word subjective is in fact subjective in it's self... ;)

I will consider the rest of your suggestions, but don't expect to see any changes made for a while. I simply do not have the time.

:)

apollo: fantastic work, and its being printed as we speak to hand to a few friends. Really - well done =D

Great... It's finally complete... Nice work apollo.

When I've got time.. I'll have a good read of it!.

14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Very helpful, good stuff.
There is always a mention of GHB/14B and alcohol being specifically dangerous but not mentioned of pot more than just avoid using with other depressants.
From 3rd party experience (being with people as I don't personaly smoke)
If you've smoked pot recently(same day) and may not even feel stoned any more, the effects of GHB may not be felt until you get a point where breathing becomes very hard and you must focus very hard.
Have other people seen/heard of/experienced this?
Should it be added to the FAQ ?

Quintell, can you clarify what you're talking about a little... You are saying that when stoned your friend didn't feel the effects of GHB until he was having difficulty breathing (by which point I expect he'd be unconscious?)

If it's a major risk and I've missed it out, I'll put it in... But in my experience with GHB & pot, and the experiences I've spoken to others about, what you're describing has never been an issue.

I don't know if someone mentioned this earlier (I didn't read the hole thread), but GHB is dangerous with nitrous oxide and tranquilizers

On two occasions I've had friends say they cant feel anything then after an adittional(1-1.5ml) dose find breathing requires a lot of effort and concentration.
In both cases pot was the only other drug (that I'm aware of) used in recent times.

Just to give a relative guage, I've only recently had 14b for the first time so I have rather few experiences(perhaps 6 occasions), so this is a high percentage of occurance for me.

THANKS

i HAVE FOUND IT HARD TO GET THIS INFORMATION THANKYOU FOR
TIME AND EFFORT PUT INTO POSTING US THIS INFOMATION TO VIEW
THANKS

fantastic work apollo btw....

just got a question to ask....

i know that alcohol and ghb dont mix...BUT if you were to have say a glass of champagne/a few drinks during the day- say in the space of 4pm - 10pm....not enough to be pissed....would it be safe to do g that night, at say about 2am?

just wanting to know the risks....

my friend drinks a lot alcohol. And a few times when he was really really pissed he did 14 ml of GBL spread over the day. he took 3/5 ml each time. But I won't recommend this, I think it is sick, another friend had to wake him every few seconds because he passed out every 3 seconds or so. He is an extreme drugs user so his limit bigger then others, although I think this is not healthy, this is sick, crazy work and it is really really dangerous. So DON'T mix GHB/GBL/1,4-B with alcohol. but if you drink alcohol around 7 pm, I think you can drink some GHB around 2am, but like I said, I don't recommend this because it can be dangerous, although some friends uses GBl with alcohol.

Light --> 0.5 - 1.5 g
Common --> 1 - 2.5 g
Strong --> 2 - 3.5 g
Can induce heavy sleep --> 3 - 5 g
Overdose --> 5 - 10 g
Poisoning (Risk of Death)--> 10+ g

Yet, this is from one of the links provided...

At high doses (4-8 gm) and on an empty stomach, extremely deep sleep is usually induced within 5 to 15 minutes. The effect will sometimes last up to 4 hours. At extremely high doses (10-30 gm), the deep-sleep lasts for much longer periods. The highest reported GHB dose (termed a "poisoning" by the authors) involved a man who took an estimated 15 tablespoons (50-75 grams) of GHB! He woke up 24 hours later feeling groggy with a mild headache. He had no lasting effects.

http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?ID=76

Can anybody provide any evidence of a death caused by GHB without any other mitigating factors? I remain sceptial...

GHB: facts and fiction

I've just been speaking to Johnboy re: GHB and the media attention the drug has received over the past couple of weeks. I was also concerned at some of the quotes that have been attributed to me - they did not give the whole picture and I was concerned at the reception they would receive on the bluelight discussion board.

Here is a version of an article on GHB I wrote a couple of weeks ago which looks at some of the myths around GHB.

FACT AND FICTION ON G

GHB has now been on the scene in a major way for almost five years and has caused us to look at drugs and how we deal with them in a very different way. For years health professionals have developed messages which assist in reducing the risk when using a range of drugs. However, G has set new challenges as there just don’t seem to be any effective messages for the drug.

On Sunday night as I walking away from yet another ambulance I turned to a friend who had just seen one of their party ferried away after collapsing and commented that maybe now that would show them that there were no rules, that an overdose could happen to anyone who uses G. His instant rebuff was that the young man had been on his own and taken too much – he had broken a rule. The excuses go on and people continue to refuse to accept that GHB, like all other drugs, can have unexpected effects upon those who use it and that an overdose can happen to even those that are extremely careful.

It would appear that GHB is not going to go away – the drug is cheaper then ever before and seems widely available. In 2004 we have seen a huge rise in the number of overdoses being admitted to St Vincent’s Hospital in Sydney. This has put a great strain on a group of dedicated professionals. There was a time when they saw the same people over and over again – this appears to be changing as the drug becomes more popular with an ever increasing variety of people, and they are seeing new faces all the time.

There also appears to be a growing move from a small group of more established users to no longer using at clubs and parties. The ‘bad look’ of public overdoses and a greater awareness of the risks involved with the use of the drug has led them to using in a more controlled setting. Not that this solves all the problems – taking at home can even be more risky, particularly if there are not people present who are willing to stay sober and ensure that people are looked after. But really, you have to ask yourself who wants that job or responsibility? Is it really fair to put people you care about in that situation?

There are so many myths that exist about G. Here are three of the most dangerous -

If you take crystal or a pill beforehand it will stop you overdosing.

This comes from the notion that GHB is a depressant and crystal and ecstasy are stimulants. The theory is that if you take enough of a stimulant it will reverse or at the very least reduce the depressant effects of GHB. Many people use the same model when they are drinking alcohol – have a line of speed beforehand and you won’t get so drunk, or at least you won’t exhibit the tell-tale signs.

The reality is that this is in fact a very dangerous practice and actually doesn’t reduce the risk of overdose. In fact it has caused many problems for medical staff as it disguises some of the symptoms of an overdose and impacts upon their response time. If you have taken too much G you will still overdose – no matter how much crystal you have smoked or how many pills you have taken. The stimulant in your system may keep you conscious longer or make you more alert for sections of time but your breathing and heart rate will still be affected and may put you in a life threatening situation for a longer period of time.

Taking more drugs to reduce the risks of others is a dangerous practice and really can increase the chances of something going seriously wrong.

Taking a specific dose at certain times will stop you overdosing.

Some people insist that there is a mathematical formula to reduce the risk of overdosing. A calculation of their body weight, time periods and appropriate dosing has been adopted by many G users. I know of one young man who even factors in body fat/lean muscle tissue ratio!

Let’s use another example. We have guidelines for the use of alcohol in our society. Alcohol is measured in standard drinks – the strength is printed on the label. Even with those measures in place, with people following them strictly some people still find themselves having problems with alcohol. How many people do you know who followed the ‘rules’ and still got busted for driving over the limit? There are some drugs that are riskier than others – just by their nature. GHB is one of them because more than the others it is very difficult to judge the dose and getting it wrong can be costly.

Drugs have different effects upon different people, and also different effects upon the same user at different times.

Falling to sleep on G is not a problem.

Let’s make this perfectly clear – you are not asleep – you are unconscious! If you are asleep, you are able to be woken up – someone shakes you and you come around. You may be groggy for a while but you are awake. An overdose means just that, an ‘over-dose’, that is, you have taken too great a dose. As a result you are unable to stay awake and lapse into unconsciousness. Unfortunately the overdose potential for G is very high – i.e. there is a very fine line between having a ‘good time’ and finding yourself in hospital on life support. Many regard this as ‘part of the drug experience’ and nothing to worry about, however this is where things can go horribly wrong.

The response to GHB overdose is pretty well standard all over the world. If someone lapses into unconsciousness and cannot be woken up after taking the drug, venue owners and promoters usually call an ambulance and get the patron to a hospital as quickly as possible. Letting someone ‘sleep it off’ is extremely dangerous – while they are unconscious, users can vomit and subsequently choke or simply stop breathing due to the depressant effect of the drug.

Do not wait to see if they are going to wake up. There have been a number of G-related deaths and the majority of these have occurred when people do not call ambulances. Although we don’t like ambulances being called to our venues and parties, they are keeping people alive, don’t hide people believing you are saving them from being thrown out of a venue or the shame of a public overdose – you are saving their life!

At the moment the community is divided on the G issue. There are friendship groups who are split based on those who use the drug and those that don’t. Some look down on those who use the drug and as a result people don’t share the fact that they are using, and unfortunately this can be when things go terribly wrong.

Remember: Look after each other, don’t judge others by what they choose to do or not to do and stay safe.