Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Movies Re-visited from your youth: crap or not?

I've always loved Neverending Story, My Stepmom is an Alien, Coneheads, Blind Date and Earth Girls are Easy.........and this French coming-of-age movie called La Boume (in english: ready for love! lol!) if only i can find a copy now...........

i used to love this movie called innerspace. i thought it was the coolest thing ever. i watched it again, a few months ago, and it was total cheese.

I just watched the Transformers movie from 1985 with my son yesterday. Still loved it. I forgot about the "Oh, shit! What are we gonna do now?" spoken by Spike. Had to rewind it and watch it again.
I still have all my G1's upstairs in my parent attic. Gonna dig them out I think...fell like playing

lostpunk5545 said:
All the Ernest movies (e.g. Ernest goes to camp). Ernest is my hero...

oh yeah.... those movies were awesome. except ernest scared stupid (the troll one) scared the shit out of me.

airborne.jpg

I dont know if anyone ever saw or remembers this movie. It is called Airborne. It was about this kid who is a rollerblader and he moves from Cali to a small town in like Ohio or something. Seth Green is in it too.

It wasnt like my favorite movie growing up, but i did think it was so fucking COOL. Well, I saw it again on tv about a month ago.....LAME AS FUCK!

I really liked John Singletons Higher Learning when I was in highschool.....I would watch it over and over again. When I happened to see it on cable just a month ago after a long time, it was a major cringefest 8( lol. eek.
10670.jpg

^
TOTALLY.

I used to love Ice Cube in that flick, but it really is a cringefest. And Omar Epps does himself no favours. Just too... too.

Pathogen said:
i used to love this movie called innerspace. i thought it was the coolest thing ever. i watched it again, a few months ago, and it was total cheese.

i still dig innerspace. john delancey as the cowboy is a crack up.

i was really surprised when i watched some of the movies i thought of as 'classics' back in the day, and realized how shitty they really were. the acting is horrible, most scenes are unrealistic, and the stories are bland.

but then again, only 1 out of every 100 movies is good now-a-days even, they all have the hollywood forumula for a good movie, which i hate.

point break! haha

not a movie but The first season of southpark, or the first seasons of simpsons

speed! sheesh (not classic, but i liked it when i was younger)

i was on acid (Very hard trip) and saw chronicles of narnia and loved it, watched it again and was horrified. hence, acid is DANGEROUS lol

god i can't think of the others i know theres been a few more, ill let you know.

does your name mean " Left to right"? btw

edit : hellraiser. terminator, rocky 1 and 2 (havent seen the other 3 or so)

yeah that's right.

excuse me, i must burn my trek memorabilia. i got q mixed up with the fucking holographic doctor. shit!

Corn, didn't narnina come out like last year?
how old are you?

oh and yes, i was once Left to Right

haha yeah it did, but i loved the books when i was a kid so i had to see it (im 22 in like one month) and it looked trippy so i ate some liquid (too much lol)

we were the only ones laughing when the queen bitch slapped the kid it was hilarious, i think it was opening day so there was a ton of people there.

The Fantastic Voyage

It has kitch value now but when I was akid I used to watch it whenever it was on....imagine Rachel Welch floating around your blood stream.

I remember seeing Top Secret,with Val Kilmer and damn near pissing myself from laughing so hard. I was like 10. Now,I can't figure out what was so damn funny. Also,The Hidden really creeped me out when I first saw it. I bought it on dvd a month ago and time hasn't done it any justice. It's still a decent movie with a nice premise,just not the GREAT movie I had in my head.

Great movies that still hold up:

The Last Starfighter
Flight of the Navigator
The Secret Of NIMH
The Dark Crystal
V:The Final Battle
Twilight Zone:The Movie
The Goonies(of course)
An American Werewolf in London
Superman II
Alien Mine

Last edited:
OMG, you guys are missing a total winner (or really a loser, cuz it SUCKS!!!) for this thread! Maybe I'm wrong, cuz I half-assed skim read the replies, but I was looking for one movie that I saw on tv last weekend and I just couldn't believe how much coolness it has lost over the years. Like, this movie blew me away when I was a teen; the effects, the general feel of the movie, and of course the way too "IN YOUR FACE!!!" cleaver ending... Have you guessed it yet? ok, go ahead and peek:

NSFW:
ROBOCOP!!! =D

Hey now,vib8tor,that's a classic. It was like the first real ultra-violent movie I saw that wasn't a horror movie,so it holds a special place in my heart. I don't remember anyone getting hit in the face with a cleaver at the end though.