Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Movies Re-visited from your youth: crap or not?

^^Funny,my favorite 80s dance movie is still Footloose with Kevin Bacon. AHHHHH =D

Recently rented "Kentucky Fried Movie"... it seemed so damned funny when we were 16... didn't crack a grin more than twice this time ("Catholic Highschool Girls In Trouble" and "Fist Full of Yen" were still amusing).

Couldn't agree more about
The Breakfast Club
and as a teenage girl, who wouldn't LOVE The Lost Boys. Still love Kiefer.

Actually, one of my favorites was Top Gun. Can't stand it now. Cruise drives me nuts in it.

Another classic is Jaws. It still gets me scared that one.

I can't stand the Blues Brothers, i thought it was hilarious as a kid, but now i can't stand it and don't find any of it funny at all.

dirty dancing!!!! one of my favorite movies as a kid, although i didn't really understand what was happening to all the characters... i think i just liked all the dancing and the love story aspect. revisiting it years later, it's still good, and i watch it whenever i catch it on tv.

Flowers In The Attic
I remember watching this and being thinking it was the best "gorwn up" movie i had ever seen.
When i was a teenager i saw the book in my high school library. So i borrowed it. After reading the book, i rented the video and doscovered it's not the same as the book. Dissapointed me, and thats all i could think of when i watched the movie, all the bits they cut out

Wasn't crap, just don't read books that were made into movies, that you saw when you were a kid. Kills it

Watched "The Goonies" last night on TV and it hasn't lost any of its charm.Also "Flight Of the Navigator" is a classic,i love this film a real kids fantasy story.
I dunno if it took off in America but "Time Bandits" was a massive hit and still stirs nostalgic memories.
They certainly don't make em like they used too.

nice thread :)

i think that most of the movies, when watched again, can often turn out to be shitty, but there are a few awesome exceptions.

e.t. remains fantastic to this day, as does the goonies. i am yet to watch the wizard again (cool nintendo film with fred savage starring), but i'm hoping that's good too.

it was crap. well, perhaps not crap, but on a recent viewing it definitely didn't stand up to the memories i had of it. i bought hook on dvd recently too, and though i totally remember loving it, it must have just been the peter pan thing, because it's terrible.

Star Wars Trilogy......just have to say that I can't wait to see Vader don the mask for the first (and last) time!

Re: Movies you thought you loved which were actually crap when you saw them again

Strawberry_lovemuffin said:
"Big" with Tom Hanks would be one of mine - classic.

Hanks' character's boss: "That's what marketing reports are for, right?"

Hanks' character: "What's a marketing report?"

Hanks' character's boss: "Exactly!"

Clever shit, yo. :)

Movies that were great, but now suck?

I just watched "St. Elmos Fire" the other day and thought this movie really sucks! I remember when I 1st watched it, it was a cool movie, IMO.

What movies did you once think were great but now suck?

Definitely Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, Willow, Milo and Otis, and Neverending Story. Original Star Wars trilogy. Rocky Horror (don't ask...) The rest I'm not so sure about...

I didn't actually watch many movies as a kid. And none of them often enough to develop "favourites".

yay for et from me too-onetwothreefour- someone gave me the new revised (gunless) dvd set a year or two ago for christmas (ok so maybe it was for someone else in the family about twenty years younger but they gave it to me and i like it better than he does ;) ) i like the revisions, the new wyas et now moves and the fact that all the guns have been replaced by flashlights. the dvd set comes with both editions. still good, still funny 80's references.

^^^ yeah i have that too - picked it up for ten bucks (aud) and everything...it's a good one :D

just watched my DVD of the Garbage Gang Kids (or as the Americans call it, Garbage Pail Kids) it still holds upto my nostaligia as being the collector cards and stickers and having chewing gum in each pack.

the movie kicks arse@!

Little shop of horrors! I havn't seen it for a while but I used to love it.

Ahh I love all my old favorite childhood movies. Especially:

- The Muppets Movies
- Home Alone
- Bon Voyage Charlie Brown
- Top Gun

However, I recently saw the Super Mario Bros. movie and when I was a kid I liked it but now... 8(