Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Movies Re-visited from your youth: crap or not?

Movies that are now shit:
Top Gun - "hey, you can be my wingman..." Fucking, UGH!

Movies that are still great:
Star Wars - how camp is C3PO...? I never noticed it as a kid.
Goonies - Truffle shuffle is still as funny as it was 20 years ago.
Dune - Still a mind bender.

i agree totally with Goonies, i will always appreciate this childhood adventure.

a few others i still enjoy:
The Never Ending Story
Star Wars Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy

ones i still love

- goonies
- tron <--ya thats right, i said TRON
- willy wonka and the chocolate factory
- princess bride
- plains, trains, and automobiles
- the great outdoors
- the abyss
- Ferris Bueller's day off <---can't believe no one has mentioned that yet
- the karate kid
- beetlejuice
- ghostbusters
- spaceballs

^Great list! I don't even feel the need to make my own now.

A few to name: PUMPING IRON w/ ARNOLD; OVER THE EDGE, about a bunch of up to no good teens in the late 70's, and KIDS, which made me wanna drink 40's all day and fuck virgins. Ahh, some perty good flicks!

There was a movie called April Fools Day that I adored when I was younger...chicks named Buffy with bad 80's hair and lots of sexual innuendo. Hadn't seen it in more than 10 years, probably.

I decided to rent it a few months ago. It totally sucked. Like, worst movie ever, sucked. lol...but I'm glad I saw it again. =D

i forgot to add Gremlins. i used to be scared as shit when i was little but now i find it so fuckin hilarious.

man no way! april fools day is one of my camp favorites!

d_4_n: of course, ferris buller's! how could we forget. still a good watch.

The Wizard was one of my favourite movies, I need to find the DVD if it's available!

I used to hate Lucas and his power-glove antics :)

I think most of my favourite childhood movies have been great when watched later, some examples:

The Dark Crystal
The Labyrinth
Goonies :)
Any Muppet movie
Big Trouble in Little China
All the Ernest movies (e.g. Ernest goes to camp). Ernest is my hero...

Haha I hired out an episode of Sooty not too long ago and it was great...

I love sweep but fuck Sue is a bitch... Get off their backs! They're just trying to have fun you fucking nazi, gestapo-like bear... Mathew is a bit of a toss burger too...

Last edited:
Big Trouble in Little China!! Good call...my brother and I watched that movie religiously and would slow the frames down when the fella blew up. =D

I'm still sort of in my youth, I guess?

But one ultra cheesy movie I can't forget would have to be "Stand and Deliver" ;)

The Neverending Story is still well worth a watch. Holy Jesus that wolf thing used to scare the hell out of me...

- drop dead fred
-gremlins
-neverending story
-ferris bueller's day off

I know I'll get hated for this, but I don't think I like the "Goonies" anymore. I loved it as a kid, but when it came on again recently, I just couldn't get myself to care about the characters or the story, though I'll admit that it has its moments. ;)

*Bump*

Riot Grrrl said:
Flowers In The Attic
I remember watching this and being thinking it was the best "gorwn up" movie i had ever seen.
When i was a teenager i saw the book in my high school library. So i borrowed it. After reading the book, i rented the video and doscovered it's not the same as the book. Dissapointed me, and thats all i could think of when i watched the movie, all the bits they cut out

I used to love that movie when I was a kid!. I haven't seen it for absolute years though. But I'm fairly certain the reason I used to watch it so much was because I had a bit of a crush on Kristy Swanson (who didn't?).

I never read the book, but I do recall my best friend mentioning the fact that they cut the most important part out of the film. And I suspect the film itself would be pretty laughable now :\

day_for_night said:
-the great outdoors
Now there's a funny movie. Again I haven't seen it in years, but I'm sure it's still hilarious.

A re-visited movie? DUNE. Not as impressive as it was when it came out but still good.[/QUOTE said:
i love david lynch, and any one of his movies attracts me to watch it, but dune to me is just really lame, and i cant come to like it.

mmoiver from my youth that is still always fucking awesome...The Brave Little Toaster....

Willow (1988 )
The Ewok Adventure (1984)
Stand by Me (1986)

these are the ones i plan on seeing again sometime soon, and remember loving as a kid... oh, and maybe
Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) =D