Votes: 12 16.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
Well, there is a good DVD screener available now. ..check your favorite torrent sites again

i saw this film and it should be retitled "I AM BORED". i didnt like this film it was to slow and boring i even managed to fall asleep half way through it. i wouldnt recommend it. only if you cant sleep better than a sleeping pill

I thought it was pretty good. The special effects were amazing also.

I keep hearing "the ending in the book was better" anyone care to type up what the ending is in the book for those of us who haven't read it

The one that you linked to? that's not the one in the book. At least not according to digg (where it was posted a few days ago)

that ending in 10x worse imo anyway

I rate this movie one star. I truely hated it. To be fair, what I thought it was going to be and what it was were totally different. So if the zombie genre is for you tack a few more stars on.

AuraithX said:
The one that you linked to? that's not the one in the book. At least not according to digg (where it was posted a few days ago)

that ending in 10x worse imo anyway

From my post yesterday: While I still maintain they should have been faithful to the book...

Neither the ending that was shown in theaters or the originally filmed ending that I posted yesterday are how the book ended. They should have filmed the movie with the same ending as the book. They didn't, but at least they should have used their original ending, instead of what was shown in theaters.

I loved this movie. I saw it at the huge IMAX and it was awesome. I was definitely jumping in my seat. The part where the freaks tricked Smith and he ending hanging upside down was classic!

Daisybabe said:
So everybody agrees, the ending to this movie sucked ass. While I still maintain they should have been faithful to the book, on the dvd special features, they added the original ending that was filmed. This ending is SO MUCH BETTER than what was shown in theaters. Check it out!

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/05/must-watch-i-am-legends-original-ending-this-is-amazing/

I just wanted to say...thank you for that. I liked that a lot. Yes, the ending was better - we want the protagonist to live! I thought the theatrical ending blew.

watched it again (with wifey this time). fortunately, it didn't diminish in quality/enjoyment as much as i expected.

HATED this movie. A waste of my time! He's a good actor though, but shit plot, shit everything- I was really bored of the hissing zombie things. The only thing worth looking out for was the hope that him and the girl would make out or fall in love or whatever, didn't even happen =/

I disagree,
the ending in the book was awful. Kind of glad they decided to make up their own ending

I've actually seen the original B&W starring Vincent Price and I liked that better than this, and anyone who has seen that movie knows that it's not easy to sit through either.

besides an annoying urge to listen to bob marley... this film didn't leave me with much else.

I never planned to watch this film, but happened upon it because I couldn't sleep.... not nearly as terrible as I expected it to be.

besides an annoying urge to listen to bob marley... this film didn't leave me with much else.

lol; word :D

2/5
(don't wanna ruin anything for anyone who still hasn't seen it)
NSFW:
I knew there was a reason I waited so long to watch this shit. This movie sucked. The only thing good about it was Master William talking to the mannequins and his dog. That shit was hilarious, especially at the video store. But, there is so much wrong with this movie that I doubt I'll ever watch it again. Will's character clearly idolized Bob Marley, yet in my opinion, he couldn't sing Marley for shit. It seemed like he was just humming along to the rhythm and didn't even know the words. I could sing Marley better than that. Seems like Will should have done more preparation for that aspect of his role. Then there were the shitty flashbacks. They should have just done that whole past sequence at the beginning of the movie, flashed the "3 years later" frame and jumped into the present time. And regarding the flashbacks, to me it wasn't even clear what happened to his wife and daughter. I assume they were killed in the helicopter crash, but it wasn't obvious enough to me whether or not it was their helicopter that crashed. The bridge exploded, a helicopter spun out of control, crashed and then it just jumped back to him in present day. Not enough time to really see his emotions about what all went on in that scene. Not to mention, two of the flashbacks included like a minute of the same exact footage. Then the girl and the kid show up, which completely ruined the whole movie. Not only did I not care for her acting, but, if I remember right, she said they came from Ireland. How in the fuck did they get to NYC from fucking Ireland with the infected killing anything in sight for 12 hours a day? They did a pretty weak job of explaining how they got there if you ask me. But even if a good explanation were provided, them simply being in the movie strayed from the whole concept of the story. And then, of course, there's the ending. One of the least satisfying endings I've ever seen. Not good and WAY too abrupt. The alternate ending was a little bit better, but I still wasn't pleased with either of them. Thumbs down.

P.S. I've never read the book, so none of my reaction is about how different the movie is from the book or how the book is so much better or any of that.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and I couldn't be bothered reading the entire thread:

Mike Patton (lead singer/songwriter of Mr. Bungle, Faith No More, Fantomas, Peeping Tom, Tomahawk) provided the voice of the monster/zombie people.

This was, believe it or not, a tough call.

Legend is what I like to call a "half-good movie". I mean that literally: the first half was good, the last half...not so good. Actually, I'll be more generous than that: the first part of the movie was some of the best SF of the decade; it was, however, utterly obliterated by the hackneyed, forced, and nonsensical ending. That it diverges greatly from the book doesn't bother me; it's that the movie switches gears from being a truly scary suspense thriller about being--or feeling like--the last man on Earth, into just another Hollywood explosion fest, like they were throwing a bone to the Michael Bay crowd. I felt frankly insulted.

Read the book / novella, and two things will become immediately obvious:

1.) Why it's better than the movie.

2.) Why it's never been faithfully adapted (though The Last Man on Earth supposedly comes very close. Why didn't they just remake that one?).