Votes: 23 31.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters

dshock

Bluelighter
wow, I can't wait for this film to come out, great book, and its looking to be a bloody great movie......
Has anyone seen the preview or even know if it is out yet?

This movie looks bloody great, I've been waiting years for this to come out....

Last edited:
This will probably be as bad as I, Robot but I'm going to see it anyway because the trailer really impressed me. Love those high concept blockbusters.

This looks worth seeing for the cinematography alone...and that cool German Shepherd (the other star besides Will Smith). :)

the trailer looks sweet but the film title is weak as piss

so what?

"i am legend" screams wank wank wank no matter where it's from.

oh btw: have you guys seen the international posters for this? they depicts cities all of the world in the state of ruin nyc is.

the book (masterpiece) is one of the most coveted novels I own and have ever read. it fundamentally started the post-apocalyptic and zombie (or vampire) genres as we know it. this isn't the first time the book has been made into a movie... remember the 60s classic Omega Man? yeah, that was loosely based on Richard Matheson's I am Legend as well.

I was in disdain when I heard that Hollywood is going to make this into a movie. I instantly thought of the atrocious 30 Days of Night (which was adapted from a classic horror comic). however, the trailer does in fact look good.

has anyone here read the book? remember the ending in the book? it is kinda out there, and I wonder if they will try to re-image that in the movie. I really don't see that happening though.

thanks for teh wreckommendation jimbo

Axl Blaze said:
the book (masterpiece) is one of the most coveted novels I own and have ever read. it fundamentally started the post-apocalyptic and zombie (or vampire) genres as we know it. this isn't the first time the book has been made into a movie... remember the 60s classic Omega Man? yeah, that was loosely based on Richard Matheson's I am Legend as well.

I was in disdain when I heard that Hollywood is going to make this into a movie. I instantly thought of the atrocious 30 Days of Night (which was adapted from a classic horror comic). however, the trailer does in fact look good.

has anyone here read the book? remember the ending in the book? it is kinda out there, and I wonder if they will try to re-image that in the movie. I really don't see that happening though.

loosely? I thought it a bit more close than that. The book was so short, I'm sure they'll take plenty of artistic liberty in making it into a big budget feature length.
Personally I was dissapointed with the ending of the book, and hope that, if tastefully done, they might improve upon it. Maybe not. We'll see.

and by the way, I thought it was a bloody great idea to put the dog in!

It looks good, but I am hesitant to see it because of Will Smith...

^ Why?
I like Will Smith in just about everything he has done. Wild Wild West and Men In Black 2 are definitely questionable, but other than those, I've enjoyed the movies he has done.

I think he means, and this is just my opinion,
Will Smith, besides the obvious "pursuit of happyness" and "Ali" and "six degrees of seperation" is mostly a "bad boys 1 and 2" "independence day" bubblegum actor who is usually placed into movies in order to secure a a big box office turnout.
Personally I grew up with Fresh prince of bel air, so I do like him, but he takes on many roles still where his character reinforces many black american stereotypical characteristics, i.e. the sassy, attitude driven quips and shallow scripts that are given to people like martin lawrence and will smith.
I'm glad he's in this movie because with Smith in it, Legend will get the attention it deserves at least, and the action scenes will probably be good too.

FYI - Vincent Price starred in a version that pre-dated Heston's "Omega Man" called "The Last Man On Earth". It's freely (legally) available here for anyone who is interested.

it's trendy to diss will smith (makes it sound like you're a tasteful cinephile)
although he's not particularly a bad actor
he just happens to play in popcorn movies

vegan said:
it's trendy to diss will smith (makes it sound like you're a tasteful cinephile)
although he's not particularly a bad actor
he just happens to play in popcorn movies

I don't think I've ever seen the words "Will Smith" and "Tasteful Cinephile" in the same sentence before.

ego_loss said:
FYI - Vincent Price starred in a version that pre-dated Heston's "Omega Man" called "The Last Man On Earth". It's freely (legally) available here for anyone who is interested.

And it is way better than Heston's Omega man as well. I own it on a Vincent Price DVD collector of three of his films, it is the best one on it by far. Funny in a campy way, but well done at the same time. Not extremely dated, purely retro-campy like Heston's. That one is hard to sit through.

ego_loss said:
I don't think I've ever seen the words "Will Smith" and "Tasteful Cinephile" in the same sentence before.
I respect the guy,myself. He went from unknown,to pop rapper,to sitcom actor who could be seen from time to time mouthing the lines of the other actors as they delivered them,to aforemetioned popcorn king,to respectable actor(Ali,The Pursuit of Happyness) I can't think of an actor right now that has progressed as much as Will Smith.

HisNameIsFrank said:
I can't think of an actor right now that has progressed as much as Will Smith.

That... is rather sad. You really need to expand your horizons... and learn how to use the space bar.