• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
4 stars.

Was good, but seemed kinda short... and I expected something much more epic in the end or a major twist.

I thought it was bad. Bad special effects, an incomplete story and any movie that includes a dog strangulation, neck snapping scene automatically loses me. Zombie dog or not. I expected a lot more from it considering the buildup. The only real interesting part for me was that I grew up about 15 minutes from Bethel, VT. If the history of the planet relied on a colony of people holed up in Bethel than we'd be in serious trouble. The boredom alone would cause them to turn on each other and I'm sure would lead to a Jonestown-esque mass suicide.

haha, sorry but that's bollocks!

don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but any film where
NSFW:
the DOG DIES (let alone is killed by the hero)
is OK in my book.

one of the most annoying things about your typical hollywood blockbusters is that there could be a human body count in the thousands, but you can guarantee that any dog - no matter the peril it's in - will somehow survive. 8) cos it's like an unwritten hollywood rule that no harm can come to animals.

so as soon as i saw him
NSFW:
killing that dog
- sad & shocking thought it was - i knew we were watching a quality movie. ;)

dr-ripple said:
I really dont care for will smith in films but this one was good
NSFW:
till he killed himself
. . . I just did not enjoy the way the movie ended.

Another thing they were vampires . . . .NOT ZOMBIES. . .VAMPIRES!

NSFW:
They were neither. They just exhibited some of the same traits. The movie was very careful not to use the term vampire or zombie.

I thought it was pretty stupid to be honest....for starters, why would a virus apparently give humans super-strength? Why didn't the zombipires eat each other? Why was it advertised as him being the last man on earth? Did anyone notice that it was virtually identical to the 28days later films?

Bah, what crud. It didn't even make me want the world to end.

^^I don't think there's adequate answers to any of those questions. The thought behind making a movie like "I Am Legend" is more like, "let's capitalize on the recent success of zombie movies, lets make sure to use tons of CGI(people love that shit), and lets get that Will Smith fellow, dumb people love him." Advertise it ad-nauseum during the World Series and every other major TV event and voilà! You got yourself a blockbuster.

I'm just going to cross post my thoughts from Aus. Social because couldn't be fucked paraphrasing myself:

Since the release of DVD there's been this DVD that I keep seeing around for around about $2. It's been that price since the release of DVD and I keep wondering why anyone bothered converting it to the format because it's obviously not making anyone any money. That movie I think is called 'Psycho Beach Party,' and although I haven't seen it I bet it is about 4000 times less likely to make you consider laying in the middle of the road than I AM LEGEND.

If you are thinking of seeing this movie I have some advice for you. Please go to your kitchen and find the biggest knife in the second drawer, you know that drawer where you keep all the shit that's bigger than general cutlery, your egg whisk and shit. Grab that knife firmly and push it straight into your eye with a bit of force, you want to have both aqueous and vitreous humour running down your face. That feeling you're experiencing now is more fun than you will have at any point in this film.

But let's take a look at why. For a start it's a film that predominately features Will Smith. I absolutely loathe him but that's a personal thing, and maybe others think that his acting improved since he was the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, but I think you would be wrong in that case. The last movie I attempted to watch him in was I, Robot and that 5 minutes of product placement to 30 seconds of actual plot Aasimov rape fest was much better than this. I was drunk throughout the whole film and even the terrible pre-mixed vodka drinks I consumed in the cinema throughout didn't help numb the pain of it.

The next thing that was abhorrent about this movie was the CGI. It was so crap I couldn't tell if I was watching a multi-million dollar movie or playing Resident Evil 1 on the first playstation. Which is funny because if they had have just removed large sections of the movie and replaced it with a Loading bar it would have been more watchable. The second thing about the CGI is that they seemed to have run out of money at some point because they just used the same character model for all of the infected/living dead/whatever the fuck you want to call them. For female infected they had the same CGI guy but with tits. And not only did they use the same character model over and over but it was dressed in one of three styles of clothing. Yes, get used to seeing torn jean CGI infected guy because you and him are about to become close friends. I really can't understand why Mr Smith is so saddened by the loss of 5.something billion people to the cancer curing virus when they were all the same person. Living in a world populated with 5.something billion of the same person would be really annoying and he should be glad that they've all been reduced to night dwelling circle jerkers. Yes there is one scene in which the infected are circle jerking in a dark corner of an abandoned building. There is no other possible explanation for what they appear to be doing on screen.

It would be easy to fill a couple of A4 pages up with general hate for this movie. If I had have made it it I would have just fired Will Smith and made a movie entirely about the Inspector Rex character because the dog is a much better actor than him.

So you'll be glad to know that Mr Smith dies in the end. But not for any particular reason. He is clearly offered a choice to hide in a little steel thing and survive or blow himself up with a grenade. So of course the logical choice is to kill himself. We're not even talking martyrdom to save others here because he is offered with a split down the line choice, live or die, and he chooses to kill himself because he is a fucking cunt that likes wasting my time. The character could have killed himself at any time before the story of the movie instead of making me sit through an hour and a half of crap before doing so, thus necessitating me wasting more time writing this.

I am the true martyr. I endured this movie so I can tell you all not to. Seriously though, don't watch it. Don't make up your own mind, just don't do it.

For a start it's a film that predominately features Will Smith. I absolutely loathe him
poor film didn't have much of a chance with you then, eh? 8)

i say: DO watch it. ;)

lostpunk5545 said:
That movie I think is called 'Psycho Beach Party,'

PBP is so terrible, it's fuckin awesome! I've seen it performed live at community theater too.

i generally don't mind will smith, although many of his wise talking cliche films i simply do not see.

He works adequately in this film i reckon. Having a hero crying like a little girl is a nice extra half dimension. his relationship with his dog was quite touching too.

but, this film takes what is an interesting concept (last man on long island) which is featured heavily in the trailer and does very little with it. okay he's hunting. okay, he sends a broadcast out desperately finding people. okay he's hunting again. okay, he's broadcasting again. oh, he getting movies, and despite getting a different dvd every day for three years (which isn't very long), he can recite shrek lines in time with the film. ... okay....
then BAM, the mood of the film changes. and it becomes more tired and standard. see one zombie/vampire/whatever film, you've seen them all.

the cg on the scenery was fanstastic
the cg on the monster was terrible.

i would've been far more horrified by people in makeup and prosthetics screaming inhumanely. these monsters didn't reflect the tragedy of once being human enough for me.
3/5

i still hate the title. it should've been "i r legend!"

SA said:
I enjoyed the film all the way until the ending, which was totally implausible and sucked.

spoiler:

NSFW:
Here, let me give you this tiny vial of my magic blood, while I selfishly and for no good reason kill the rest of myself. Meanwhile, you can carry that vial in your pocket, unprotected, for hundreds, thousands of miles and finally hand it over, magically preserved and unspoiled, for the benefit and salvation of humanity.

Umm yeah. O-kay.

three stars

LOL exactly my thought, and I also gave it 3 stars.
I also happened to find it really depressing :( Ugh..I dont really like "zombie" movies. :p

euphoricnod said:
I enjoyed I am Legend. They're Zombipires. Its that simple.

Really? Is that true? Are there zombies in this movie that suck peoples blood too. Well, i might have to give this a chance after all.

felix said:
haha, sorry but that's bollocks!

don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but any film where
NSFW:
the DOG DIES (let alone is killed by the hero)
is OK in my book.

one of the most annoying things about your typical hollywood blockbusters is that there could be a human body count in the thousands, but you can guarantee that any dog - no matter the peril it's in - will somehow survive. 8) cos it's like an unwritten hollywood rule that no harm can come to animals.

so as soon as i saw him
NSFW:
killing that dog
- sad & shocking thought it was - i knew we were watching a quality movie. ;)

LMAO

Mediocre.

Its nothing breathtaking by any means, but I didn't get bored watching it.

3/5.

I do agree that there was too much computerised crap in it but I thought it was a great storyline and had great actors.

NSFW:
And I nearly got teary, ok well not that bad but it was really sad when will gets left all alone and the dog dies. I love doggies =D

37047734 said:
I thought it was bad. Bad special effects, an incomplete story and any movie that includes a dog strangulation, neck snapping scene automatically loses me. Zombie dog or not. I expected a lot more from it considering the buildup. The only real interesting part for me was that I grew up about 15 minutes from Bethel, VT. If the history of the planet relied on a colony of people holed up in Bethel than we'd be in serious trouble. The boredom alone would cause them to turn on each other and I'm sure would lead to a Jonestown-esque mass suicide.

Thats weird, I thought the dog scene was one of the best parts of the whole movie. I almost cried.....you must not like animals.
I went home and hugged my dog after I saw this movie.

It was a poor copy of a poor movie. (Omega Man)

I AM glad I only downloaded a bootleg instead of actually buying a ticket.