• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
vegan said:
it's trendy to diss will smith (makes it sound like you're a tasteful cinephile)
although he's not particularly a bad actor
he just happens to play in popcorn movies

Vegan is right. Like I said before, Will Smith is not a bad actor, he seems like a business man first and takes the most well paid roles first, but his acting past speaks for itself and he has both cheesy movies and well honorable,plaid movies under his belt. And I love it when a good actor goes outside the boundries of their stereotypes, case in point, Viggo Mortensen, has played a drug dealer, drill sergeant, artist adulterer, and third earth hero all in the same decade. Jamie Foxx has gone from playing Wanda on Living color to Ray Charles in an Oscar winning role.
I love Will Smith, and I know he'll do Rich Matheson proud, but I just think that its a bit of a pop-corny choice to play the lead. And its sad that Hollywood, in this day and age still makes great black actors recite lines that set them back in their time. Obviously african american actors have proven themselves, but popularity still demands the donkey from eddie murphy and the wise cracking will and martin. Truly, it is sad. But I will still be first in line to see LEGEND because I know Will is gonna kill it as much as we can show.

ego_loss said:
That... is rather sad. You really need to expand your horizons... and learn how to use the space bar.
You....need to keep that pampas attitude of yours in the lounge. Maybe...you'll actually get an lol instead of coming off as an...asshole.

I've seen this movie already. . .

Except it was called Resident Evil.

I'm going to guess that what could be a great movie will be ruined by Smith's acting. I'm not wasting my money on him again.

FreshPrince_of_Bel_Air_Season2_Artwork_Boxcover.jpg

ego_loss said:
That... is rather sad. You really need to expand your horizons... and learn how to use the space bar.
not nearly as sad as your need to crucify everyone who doesn't have the same subjective views as you. it is pretty pathetic and more importantly, simply makes these threads go way off topic, just drop it already.

i agree with those of you who like the guy, he is in cheesy movies, yet he is quite affable, and nice to watch. i was impressed with pursuit of happiness, showed a bit more of his talent, and nice to see he is going beyond what he is good at. unlike others on here, i don't have the time nor desire to spend hours a day perusing the new and old classics and expanding my repertoire of films to the point i can't appreciate a simple actor.

wow, I just realized how lucky I am.
Because I actually have the time to watch all kinds of movies all day. I guess thats life being a student. Maybe I should study more............

MaxPowers said:
WORD!
Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And Id like to take a minute just sit right there
Ill tell you how I became the prince of a town called Bel-Air

In west philadelfia born and raised
On the playground where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, maxing, relaxing all cool
And all shooting some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys said were up in no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said youre moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air

(only the first three episodes of season one)

I begged and pleaded with her the other day
But she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way
She gave me a kissin and she gave me my ticket
I put my walkman on and said I might as well kick it

First class, yo this is bad,
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass
Is this what the people of Bel-Air livin like,
Hmm this might be alright!

I whistled for a cab and when it came near the
Licensplate said fresh and had a dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought now forget it, yo home to Bel-Air

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight
And I yelled to the cabby yo, home smell you later
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

DarthMom said:
not nearly as sad as your need to crucify everyone who doesn't have the same subjective views as you.

Get off my jock.

I think that, if when asked to give an example of an actor who has come a long way to find success, you think the best answer is Will Smith, dear god almighty open your eyes. I'm sorry if you think I'm being "sad" by "crucifying" people. I like to think I might be motivating people to broaden their horizons some.

Oh wait...

i don't have the time nor desire to spend hours a day perusing the new and old classics and expanding my repertoire of films to the point i can't appreciate a simple actor.

You seem to think it's pathetic to broaden one's horizons. I'm not overlooking the accomplishments of one single actor, I am simply saying that it's a little silly to make a comment like "I can't think of an actor right now that has progressed as much as Will Smith" when there are hundreds of people who have worked harder and achieved greater results that working in CGI filled schlock-fests.

Last edited:
I'm usually not a big movie goer, but when this film is finally out in theaters I'm going to see it.

ClubbinGuido said:
I'm usually not a big movie goer, but when this film is finally out in theaters I'm going to see it.

I have heard a lot of people are waiting to see it until it comes out in Imax.

(I am going to see it tomm for free, I can't wait!) I really hope it doesn't fuck over the book.

i hear if you see this movie at an IMAX they are going to show the first 6 minutes of the new batman movie

I saw this tonight, and here are my thoughts in spoiler format.

NSFW:
I read the book earlier this year and absolutely loved it. For its time (and even somewhat today) it was revolutionary. The movie has a few similarities to the novel, but it should be considered "based on" the novel rather than a literal adaptation.

If you look at the movie as just your standard vampire/zombie flick, it doesn't add anything to the genre. Lots of screaming creatures, lots of dark rooms, lots of gunfire, etc etc. The book went into a lot of detail with the main character's psychological state, but the movie does this very little.

The one thing it does do is take a minor character from the book and give it more heft, so that when said character dies (no surprise to those that have read the book), it's one of the saddest scenes I've seen in a while.

Overall it's entertaining, I'd guess I'd give it a C+.

Daisybabe said:
I saw this tonight, and here are my thoughts in spoiler format.

NSFW:
I read the book earlier this year and absolutely loved it. For its time (and even somewhat today) it was revolutionary. The movie has a few similarities to the novel, but it should be considered "based on" the novel rather than a literal adaptation.

If you look at the movie as just your standard vampire/zombie flick, it doesn't add anything to the genre. Lots of screaming creatures, lots of dark rooms, lots of gunfire, etc etc. The book went into a lot of detail with the main character's psychological state, but the movie does this very little.

The one thing it does do is take a minor character from the book and give it more heft, so that when said character dies (no surprise to those that have read the book), it's one of the saddest scenes I've seen in a while.

Overall it's entertaining, I'd guess I'd give it a C+.

I'm guessing that minor character is

NSFW:
the dog?

:p

This movie was decent. It's somewhere halfway between the 28 Days Later and Dawn Of The Dead series.