• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

fentanyl patch - recreational value?

Concerns over abuse of painkiller Fentanyl

A public health organisation has revealed a growing problem with the highly addictive painkiller, Fentanyl, in the Albury-Wodonga area.

The Coroners Court yesterday confirmed that 15 people have died from an overdose of the drug since December last year.

ANEX, a not-for-profit group which tries to prevent drug-related harm, held a forum with hospital workers, health workers and police in the region in August.

ANEX chief executive officer, John Ryan, says it has been a problem for the last two years.

"It's a significant problem, which those workers were struggling to address adequately and I think continue to struggle with this problem," he told ABC local radio.

Mr Ryan says people are switching to drugs like Fentanyl because it is hard to get drugs like heroin.

"So there has been a movement of the illicit drug market into actual pharmaceutical drugs," he said.

Mr Ryan says people are dying because it is difficult to judge the correct dose when the drug is being used illegally.

The issues surrounding Fentanyl came to light after two people were arrested by police who were investigating the theft of large amounts of the drug from the ambulance service.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-19/concerns-over-abuse-of-painkiller-fentanyl/4322552

Fentanyl patches are very dangerous because the only people that find them recreational are opiate naive individuals. If you cut them open and ingest too much....thats it... I used them early in my opiate career and found them very disorientating and sedating while wearing patch, or very sick if ingesting gel.
The best way would be to smoke it, but i have no experience with this ROA. It is the only safe way of ingestion i think as you can measure out tiny doses.
Fentanyl IV isnt even that great... oh yes it is...for about 5 seconds before it wears off! really all that useable IMO.
Be Safe.

the gel reservoir patches have been taken off the australian market and replaced with polymer matrix patches which a lot more abuse resistant.

I "threw some patches away" and an old friend got hold of one. He and one of his friends cut open the gel not knowing what it was or what they were doing and scared the fuck out of themselves. Luckily the patch was a lower 25mcg per hour strenghth.

they must be some of the last circulating, though, i don't doubt there's some out there who hoarded a few of their boxes while the switch was made to durogesic (polymer matrix), as opposed to dursagesic (the gels).

My bupe doctor warned me the other day about fent and that quite a few people have OD'd and died in my area recently(not Albury/Wodonga). Which I thought was quite strange as I didnt think fent was big here. I tried it sublingually when I was 15-16 but couldnt see any point in injecting it not that ive seen it since, ive done some dumb things(inject 20mls of methadone syrup) but id never inject fent.

Im 22 now so I tried it 6-7 years ago and it wasnt a gel patch, it was like a clear nicotine patch, but fentanyl instead. Theres people at my work with buprenorphine patches! I found it quite strange that bupe is being used for pain management but then again these are old people.

Last edited:
I wouldnt even try, but im guessing cut it up into pieces and dunk in water(in a sterile manner!) Im sure theres detailed descriptions somewhere on BL.

Save yourself the hassle and just get some heroin, thats what id do(if I wasnt trying to get away from the shit).

Just an FYI, but when given for surgery, patients are usually given anywhere from 150 mcg- 300 mcg via IV. So a 75 mcg/hour patch is very strong, considering how potent it is when IV'd and how high the BA is transdermally.

Got a 50mcg patch and 10x40mg SR Oxy off a mate today.

=D

cutting strips off the patch and gumming now... oh yeah.

Whats the go with so many ppl using codiene for rec purposes before I had a habit (morphine & H) allways IV'd i'd never heard of ppl using codiene for rec purposes unless somone got panadiene Forte even then was thought of as just a thing to stop WD's ? not having a go at you or dismissing your usage/tol just curious ?

This is what ive been thinking.

As someone who has experienced the worst heroin can do. It seriously worries me that the people on bluelight talking about a codeine addiction that obviously have a curiosity for stronger opiates will eventually get to the harder stuff and find out that codeine withdrawals are nothing in comparrison.

Waste of money. I wasted alot of money on this shit last year.

The patches I got were the non gel ones as they were similar to nicorete patches, I also got a bunch of lollypops that were from memory between 100 and 800 mcg and while they were fun in a novelty sort of way, I honestly dont see how unless you had pure fentanyl or had silly amounts there would be any danger of ODing.

I got a lot out of my patch last year. It was a 75.

You sure you an 800mcg patch? Didnt think they went that high. Also, how did you administering them? Just like you supposed (applying to the skin like a patch) or cutting off strips and gumming/sub-lingual-ing ...?

Yeah the patches I got were 75 and 100mcg but I also got fentanyl lollipops, their strange medical looking lollypops that come in a packet like a syringe packet, and yeah the highest dose of fent 800 mcg, I know it sounds like alot but I really wasnt impressed with them.
How did I administer them? the patches I cut in half and chewed on them trying to keep them under my tongue and the pops I just sucked on or rested them under my tongue, they actually tasted nice I think it was strawberry.

I tried the patch a few times for fun. It didn't get me fucked up. Jus tired a lot of the time. The medicine does stay in your system for days so be careful as far as your dosage. I used to suck on mine and then chew the plastic. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I tried to stick on myself also and that didn't work too well for me. I think there's a lot of hype w/ fentanyl patches but I would rather have some OCs instead.

Its really quite disturbing how blase some of you guys are about fent. Its obviousy an extremely dangerous drug to be fuckiing with, the proof is in the fatalities compared to other opiates. I thought heroin was pretty predictable esp considering I had a regular source that was pretty consistently awesome and oneday I OD'd quite badly and didnt use that much more than I usually would.

These things are most definitey dangerous, probably the most dangerous opiate in Australia if not the most dangerous pharm that we rec users/addicts may find in our stash at one time or another. I have used most of the opiates and most other common and many uncommon recreational drugs and fent is the one that really scares me and would be so, so careful with. I had a patch years ago and I couldnt be too careful with em...... Now if your taking them with alcohol or benzos then you may as well write a suicide note because it will more than likely kill you, no joke.

Something about this thread was really disturbing, its good that its here and that people have access to info but people dont always do what theyre told and afterall, were all taking a bunch of drugs we were told not to :p So im not saying DONT DO FENT! Im just saying you cant be too careful with this stuff... Somewhere I remember reading that the fent isnt distributed evenly over a patch so you might get parts of the patch that are much stronger than others and as im sure many of you realize that the amount of substance on a patch would be a miniscule volume. Its just playing with fire no matter how you do it. And ive just had a big shot of heroin so im no preacher, just giving the warning that should have been explained much earlier in this thread :/

I was told to cut 1/4 of it off and leave it on your gum taking it out every 10-15 mins just incase u nod off with it still on ur gum wait about 10-15 mins to put it bak in until u reach the effects u want :) be careful mate PLUR

I was told to cut 1/4 of it off and leave it on your gum taking it out every 10-15 mins just incase u nod off with it still on ur gum wait about 10-15 mins to put it bak in until u reach the effects u want :) be careful mate PLUR

Thats the way I do it. Safe way of using it. I didnt get much out of it this time... just made me tired.

All I can say about the matter I abused them for over a year. That was two years ago now, still can't find a vein. It's not worth it, when you can go through a fornight's worth of patches in a day. The withdrawals are hell.

Sedation is not necessarily correct, I am prescribed 100mcg/hr patches for a chronic pain condition. These can keep me awake for days on end, in the information leaflet you get with the prescription one of the "severe side effects" was insomnia