Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

fentanyl patch - recreational value?

pinkanga

Bluelighter
Im fairly ignorant/unexperienced when it comes to fentanyl and also patches...

A buddy acquired some fentanyl patches that deliver 75 micrograms an hour. According to wikipedia thats equivalent to about 10mgs morphine. Converting to codeine its roughly equivalent to about 60-70mg codeine.

So not much rec potential there right? ... or is there something that can be done with the patch itself?

75 micrograms of fentanyl... equivelant to 10mgs of morphine

lolwut?

If you think that's correct, you're going to have a bad time.

Well actually it said that 100 micrograms was equiv to 10mg morphine.

Not correct? But its wikipedia... they are 100% accurate 100% of the time right? ;)

Well actually it said that 100 micrograms was equiv to 10mg morphine.

Not correct? But its wikipedia... they are 100% accurate 100% of the time right? ;)

On the first website I found (http://www.globalrph.com/fent.cgi) for 10mg of morphine (orally) would be equivalent to 2.6 mcg/hr and 60mg of codeine would be 4.6 mcg/hr

You will die if that's what your tolerance is and you have that patch.

not much recreational value to fent. its just sits you on your ass with little high euphoria or whatever

plus its fair dangerous as your always chasing the high that doesn't really eventuate

do some reading in the world wide section of bl (not just the add section, there is a fair bit of info)

whatever. Im not gonna mess with these things anyway Ive decided. FYI opi8 I wish my tolerance was only 60mg codeine.

On the first website I found (http://www.globalrph.com/fent.cgi) for 10mg of morphine (orally) would be equivalent to 2.6 mcg/hr and 60mg of codeine would be 4.6 mcg/hr

You will die if that's what your tolerance is and you have that patch.

opi8 you read the conversion table wrong... 10mg oral morphine would be equivalent to 2.6mcg/hr fentanyl if your total daily dose of morphine was only 10mg.

If you look at the table further down the page youll see that 225mg oral morphine as a daily dose is equivalent to 75mcg/hr fentanyl ... or 9.375mg oral morphine in an hour. So its fairly accurate to say that 75mcg fent = 10mg morphine.

Yeah, I guess you're right and I wasn't thinking straight. It depends on which ROA you're talking about. I've only IV'd fent, and 10mg of IV morphine would not touch the sides, whereas 100mcg fent patch would probably put me on my arse.

Edited to add: That fentanyl is extremely potent, and dangerous to play around with if you don't have much of an opiate tolerance. I've said in another thread, I've only ever witnessed people dropping from fentanyl, nothing else. The fact is that it's a highly potent opiod and also causes an enormous amount of respiratory depression. I've had to remind people to breathe before.

Hi pinkanga

Don't even bother with opiate conversion tables

just know this

fentanyl is on of the most potent opiates given to humans. Codeine doesn't even come close to it's strength.

peope who get high on fentanyl don't usually put them on their skin...

Fentanyl is so strong that if you used the patch in the recreational way you'd be dead many times over, especially if your only using 60mg codeine.

so in a very round about way your correct that there is no recreational potential to a 75mcg/hour fentanyl patch because using it that way would most likely kill you before you realised you were having fun.

By the way pinkanga, I really admire your ability to not just dive in head first messing with these things before you ask.

Cheers, yeah Im not gonna bother with them. My codeine use is typically 600mg + (unfortunately). I only mentioned 60mg as an equiv 10mg morphine dose.

It's not 75mcg overall, it's 75mcg/hour, meaning it releases that dose every hour when worn on the skin. In reality it will contain something like 10 - 20mg, which will last most people at least 1 - 3 days.

The best way to use them recreationally is to cut off a strip (1/4 - 1/8th) and apply it to your gum for a short time (30 seconds - 1 min). Remove it, wait 10 minutes to see how much effect it has, and rinse/repeat until you're nodding. This method is perfectly safe as long as you're not silly enough to forget that the patch is there, it's absurd to suggest that it's impossible to use these recreationally without risking OD.

Fent patches are a ton of fun if you're into opiates and I'd highly suggest giving it a shot, although they do drive your tolerance fairly high with frequent use.

Chewing a 75ug patch is really not that strong, I was overly cautious when I first tried them and started with half a 100ug patch and was disappointed.

if your running a couple of oxy 80s habit a day half a patch 50mcg cooked up properly you will feel it heaps the first crack at the title after that it quickly doubles and then your in the shit as you most know found them dangerous when takin benzos dropped a few times but did take alot of benzos

It's not 75mcg overall, it's 75mcg/hour, meaning it releases that dose every hour when worn on the skin. In reality it will contain something like 10 - 20mg, which will last most people at least 1 - 3 days.

The best way to use them recreationally is to cut off a strip (1/4 - 1/8th) and apply it to your gum for a short time (30 seconds - 1 min). Remove it, wait 10 minutes to see how much effect it has, and rinse/repeat until you're nodding. This method is perfectly safe as long as you're not silly enough to forget that the patch is there, it's absurd to suggest that it's impossible to use these recreationally without risking OD.

Fent patches are a ton of fun if you're into opiates and I'd highly suggest giving it a shot, although they do drive your tolerance fairly high with frequent use.

This. Fentanyl is by far the best opiate I have ever done. I would kill to have another go with them.

harm reduction
'whatever. I'm not gonna mess with these things anyway iv decided'
'might be worth a try'
whatever.

I can't comment on patches, but I recently had IV fentanyl in hospital, its definately recreational but in my opinion it is less so than other strong opiates I have tried (heroin, oxycodone, IV morphine), when I was opiate naive I used to get a lot more euphoria from codeine even. I did like it more than tramadol, dihydrocodeine or non IV morphine though.

harm reduction
'whatever. I'm not gonna mess with these things anyway iv decided'
'might be worth a try'
whatever.

FWIW the reason for my apparent change in attitude towards fentanyl had to do with discovering a potentially safe way of using it rather than just applying the patch to the skin (which I didnt want to do).

whats fwiw and did you get any recreational value from it?

wear it, eat it, snort it, smoke it, shoot it?

whats fwiw and did you get any recreational value from it?

wear it, eat it, snort it, smoke it, shoot it?

For What Its Worth.

Back in May I didnt even bother getting a patch off my friend... I was happy just getting a few Oxys.

However I got one off him today and am currently trying crankinits method posted above. Ill let you know. Im applying 1/8th of a patch to my for about a minute every 10mins. Done it twice now... and I feel like Im feeling something. Myabe I should go 1/4? I have a pretty high codeine tolerance. I figure its better to be safe than sorry and be as conservative as possible when trying something new, and especially fentanyl.