• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite Cheap Beer?

I am really not a fan of cheap beer as it is all light, and my favourite beers are dark and malty.

I don't know if Corona counts, but with a lime it's drinkable. Doesn't taste like BEER to me, more like soda, but it's not bad. I recall Coors being bearable as well. But again, I don't even consider these to really be beer.

It's light for me!

I admit I am not well versed in their beers, though.

ETA: Just read the description on their website, does seem to be an amber (their lager, at least, which I presume you were referring to) which I could like, though I would probably not love it as much as a really really dark beer. I honestly don't think I've ever had it.

yuengling1005b.jpg

Everybody likes yuengling! i just saw the new light version recently.. haven't tried it, no real interest to. why mess with a good thing? :D

fairnymph said:
I don't know if Corona counts, but with a lime it's drinkable. Doesn't taste like BEER to me, more like soda, but it's not bad.
^ Dunno if it counts with you guys either, but over here it's stupidly expensive. It's *OK* but nothing special. Too light for me to be a big fan of. :\

One of our *scottish* cheap beers is Tennents Lager:

1004940.jpg

Back in the 70s and early 80s, their cans used to show photos of nice young ladies:

tennents2.jpg

alasdairm will remember them, what with him being even older than me! :p =D

But despite its awesome pedigree of displaying scantily-clad-bad-hairstyled young ladies, it tastes and has always tasted like piss. :(

The choice of the average Burberry-wearing ned/chav. :D

PBR, tecate, kokanee, miller light(weak though), schmitt, mickeys (only in grenades or 40oz i cant stand the canned mickeys), henry wienhards(usually their reserve or seasonal ale)

felixdahousekat said:
alasdairm will remember them, what with him being even older than me! :p =D
what a blast from the past - i certainly do remember them.

my favourite cheap beer is, without doubt, miller genuine draft. i just finished a 6 pack :)

alasdair

wow i wish they still had ads like that on beers. My favorite "cheap" beer would be miller light. Bud gives be a bangin headache the next day, coors is fuckin water, and bud light is gross. Other than that I'll stick to my specialty wierd dark beers that are way too expensive but good non the less. Dogfish head being my fav.

I realized the other nite trippin sac at the bar that black and tans are fuckin awesome. I used to drink either bass or guiness but dam what a combo.

Oh and who else loves to drink and trip at the same time. I can put down 3X as many beers. Takes the edge off nicely.

^ when i'm tripping on mushrooms or lsd, beer takes on a whole new level of significance :)

alasdair

According to the bottlecaps on my ceiling, Killians and Rolling Rock :)

Icehouse if I'm really tight on cash...

miller light and/or budwiser but coors goes on sale sometimes for 4.99 and I don't mind that either.

What is the big fucking deal with PBR these days?

I find regular Budweiser is the best tasting cheap beer. Rolling rock used to be really easy on the tongue too -- almost like seltzer. But I haven't drank it since the company changed hands. Coors isn't bad either.

If I'm at a bar, I just go for a pint of whatever is one sale. A pint of something cheap on tap almost always works out to be more beer for your buck than a bottle or can. Even a can of PBR.