• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite Cheap Beer?

in texas we have "lone star"....the national beer of texas!it's cheap and only available in state.i used to drink it all the time, but now it makes me gag.

Abraxus said:
St. Ives = Hand Lotion

St. Ides = Shitty Beer

I was drunk when i said it.

And yes you would have to be desperate to drink that. We call it the sour horse piss round herre.. Icehouse > Natural Ice

My favorite cheap beer is definitley PBR. It is NOT a hipster drink, but a better alternative to Bud/Miller/Coors.

My favorite malt liquor is definitely OE HG…gotta rock the 8% 40's.

I appreciate good beer, and have homebrewed with my little brother (who is mastering the craft) several times. I definitely prefer a good brew to cheap beer, but I will drink anything especially if I'm trying to get drunk. However, when homebrewing my little brother and I are sticklers for quality.

Don't disregard the Portuguese

*SuperBock* six 5.9% bottles priced at under six dollars at my corner package. Things are cheaper in little Rhody?

Recently I've been drinking a fair amount of Warsteiner, 4x500ml cans (about equivalent to a 6 pack) for about $8.50cdn, pretty cheap.

Corona is a decent price up here as well, about $10cdn for 6 bottles, $19 for a case of 12.

Alexander Keith's is $8.55 a sixpack ($31 for a 24)

Moosehead for about the same price as Alexander Keith's

But for the truly indigent there's Molsen Dry King Cans 750ml 5.5% at 2 bucks a piece.

Last edited:
tecate6.jpg

olde e- $1.49 QT, Icehouse 1.59, Bush $1.59, naty $1.49.
Least Fav- Miller High Life price I dont fucking care.