• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Favorite Cheap Beer?

Victoria Bitter
in cans... not in high class bottles:p

Last edited:
I rarely buy it, but...Pabst, Budweiser, or Old Style.

What do you mean by cheap.. mass produced domestic?

If $5.50 is cheap, then I'd say Shiner Bock or Killian's. There is a local brew, Diamond Bear, (may not be avail.outside AR) thats really damn good for about the same.

Otherwise, I'd probably say michelob, then busch, then budweiser. Its been a long time since I've had any though.. maybe busch and bud would tie or their rankings would be reveresed.

If I had to drop below that level in quality, I think I'd rather buy PGA and cut it to vodka strength (or just cheapass vodka and filter it), rather than move on to stuff like mickey's, blue ox, schlitz, that one in the camoflague bottle.

I mean, if I'm drinking that stuff its sure as hell not because I enjoy it. If I just want to get fucked up that bad, I'd rather go ahead and accelerate the process and cut back on the suffering.

^I agree. The only time I ever drink the stuff I listed is if I'm at a ballgame or something, a friends place, or if I'm out at a bar and drinking on the cheap.

Keystone. Goes down like water, and it'll get ya drunk.

Miller High Life

Good stuff, but has too much flavor. In my opinion, cheap beers need to try their hardest not to taste like anything, because if they try to taste good they will fail by virtue of their cheapness.

havent drank alcohol in 4 months but my fav cheap brew was icehouse.

sidenote, after the OSU/Iowa game this past fall my friend and I had a cheap beer challenge. He bought a 12 of Pabst, and I bought a 15-pack of Stroh's... and the race was to see who could give away all of their brand of cheap beer first. Stroh's won... even if one of the girls I was feeding Stroh's to ended up doing a faceplant into concrete and getting stitches on her chin... :)

I forgot about stroh's. I'll add it to the list, even if it does remind me of drinking PBR with sweet-n-low in it.