• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ethylphenidate Discussion Thread

Hi Guys,

I have some pretty heavy exams coming up and am looking for a legal stimulant to help me focus. I do not have access to adderall/ritalin etc since I am from the UK and these are rarely prescribed here.

I have read quite a bit about Ethylphenidate and also Methiopropamine and was wondering which one of these you would consider the most useful as a study aid? I will be limiting myself to oral dosing only, with a view to solely 'therapeutic' use. ie Euphoria could actually be seen as a disadvantage.

Many thanks for your thoughts,

SS

Hi Guys,

I have some pretty heavy exams coming up and am looking for a legal stimulant to help me focus. I do not have access to adderall/ritalin etc since I am from the UK and these are rarely prescribed here.

I have read quite a bit about Ethylphenidate and also Methiopropamine and was wondering which one of these you would consider the most useful as a study aid? I will be limiting myself to oral dosing only, with a view to solely 'therapeutic' use. ie Euphoria could actually be seen as a disadvantage.

SS

Methiopropamine is very speedy and mildly productive, it feels a bit dirty though. Ethyl is moderatly euphoric, not very speedy and mildly-moderately productive, feels cleaner.

Overall methiopropamine is better for work and studying, it lasts longer too. But as I said it feels a bit dirty on the body. I suggest try 35mg of MPA, orally.

^ Thanks very much for the feedback.

I also take 10 mg escitalopram per day. Does anyone envisage any problems combining these two? I have seen comment in another thread of the concomitant use of an SSRI and eph, with no real problems. However, it seems clear that the pharmacology of eph is primarily restricted to the DA and NA systems. Is there an overlap of pharmacology between MPA and SSRI's that we know of? I am trying to avoid any complications along the lines of serotonin-syndrome etc.

Also, I dont have precise measuring equipment. Any pointers on measuring an amount out approximating 35mg? I will likely purchase a 500mg sample.

Finally, this compound is not controlled in the UK right?

With thanks,

SS

^ Not enough of the pharmacology of methiopropamine is known for us to give you a good idea on what is safe and what isn't. Also, I haven't seen that much MPA discussion in AusDD and I note you are from the UK. You might want to try posting in the European Drug Discussion section regarding legality, also try doing a search on here for the terms 'methiopropamine', 'MPA', 'SSRI' and see if there are experiences that may let you know if the combination has been used safely before. Always remember, better safe then sorry though.

Also, I dont have precise measuring equipment. Any pointers on measuring an amount out approximating 35mg? I will likely purchase a 500mg sample.

Get a scale. Eyeballing is not a great idea... if you must, start with extremely small doses and work your way up until you have an idea of the dose. Getting scales is easy, they are available online and they could save you a lot of health related trouble.

Hi Guys,

SS

With Ethylphenidate, stick to really small doses for study. I'm not really experienced enough to give you an exact amount but maybe 20-30mg? Then wait say...2 hours before dosing again. If you dose every hour, and keep upping the dose you'll probably end up a bit cracked out...and not much study will happen.

I've used ritalin, dexamphetamine, and meth for study and I don't think ethylphenidate compared very favourably. For me for studying, from best to worse it goes - dex-low dose meth-ritalin-ethylphenidate. Maybe someone else can chime in who's used this stuff successfully for study? doses and times between dosing?

Definitely buy yourself some scales. They are pretty damn cheap. I went a long time without them, really glad I ended up finally getting some :) If you have a friend with some scales ask if you can borrow them, then just do 20mg bumps and wrap them in rolling paper or something. I realized when weighing MXE vs. Ethyl how hard it is to eyeball, the MXE looked huge and the Ethylphenidate was just this tiny speck at the exact same weight.

Let us know how you go?

For study you'd probably want about 15-20mg. 25-30mg is a little more powerful and can disrupt your thought patterns a little too much for tasks that demand heavy intellect. As always - your mileage may vary ;)

I tend to initially dose 25mg and another 15-20mg 2.5hrs after initial.

What's ethylcaine? Is that just another name for the powder ethylphenidate? If so - why?

As for the difference between crystal and powder - I guess that only thing I noticed was the powder was easier to dose nasally because I didn't have to crush the crystals before snorting. They both sting, though;)

Just bombed around 25mg for the first time. There was about 5mg left on my spatula so I thought, to hell with it, lets see what all this fuss about snorting it is about. It definitely burned more than anything I have snorted before though I've never snorted an 2c-x. It didn't last too long but the drip was god-awful too. Definitely only eating this stuff if I even like it, we will see soon.

package should arrive shortly, plan on using as a work stimulant

It's far too short lasting for a work stimulant imo. Plus you can only dose no more than 15mg if you planning on focusing. Anything above gets your mind a bit messy, then I'm left with very mild anxiety and a flat mood for an hour. It feels clean though. Unlike other RC's like MPA. if it lasted a bit longer it would be great for work.

hey thanks for the reply,
received the package today
not sure when i will test it, not planning on to soon

Has anyone mixed MDPV with Ethylphenidate or has any suggestions/info about the mix, as both substances are NDRIs?...

Sounds like a horrible combination. I think you'd be hard pressed to find many people willing to try such a combination.

Yeah, it's not that I'm searching for guinea pigs. If that's what you guys understand then I'm sorry, I didn't mean that.

I didn't think much of that post, what I actually meant was what would be the reaction from the two? Overstimulation? Maybe even epilepsia?

^ Probably way too physically taxing... both substances by themselves can cause pretty severe increases in heart rate and blood pressure. You'd also increase the risk of mental side effects too, such as psychosis. No way that I'd try combining them.