• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

love your capacity for obsession, Kenickie. yeah, i was surprised when your post didn't include mention of the nicki/beyonce video. the pervert 17 jersey is the coolest thing i've seen all week.

right? apparently janet jackson announced a world tour on the same day also, and janet made that pervert shirt famous

tumblr_mpn1eyNxmc1s61h80o1_400.png

but nicki's is much better. obsession is really all I'm good at. for a long time i flirted with giving myself the middle name Zahir (i do not have a middle name, which i think is some kind of crime) which means

Zahir is a person or an object that has the power to create an obsession in everyone who sees it, so that the affected person perceives less and less of reality and more and more of the Zahir, at first only while asleep, then at all times.

i don't take anything lightly. even media that is disregarded and ignored by others (like people who say fashion is shallow, yes?), because i don't like the idea that i've wasted any time, or any love. it's either all or nothing, i don't do wishy washy.

damn, kinda speechless tbh.

i know a lot of corpses.

here's some crazy images of 08/09 Kenzo show

tumblr_nmwz2hM4Kv1r6q94do3_540.jpg

tumblr_nmwz2hM4Kv1r6q94do4_540.jpg

tumblr_nmwz2hM4Kv1r6q94do2_540.jpg

tumblr_nmwz2hM4Kv1r6q94do5_540.jpg

^ that is so friggin beautiful.

makes me think of reveal @ the end of mcqueen ss01 voss

tumblr_mm8r5xXBoO1qahy1wo1_500.gif
savage

hear you on the obsession tip, fuck with that view heavy.

to me it's just like, if it makes me feel some type of way that's good enough. how can you not feel something seeing his(mcqueen) creations ?

Last edited:
you please post a pic, laugh.

what's binx miming there? giving the other girl her retainer?

that kenzo reveal is beautiful. bet the mcqueen reveal sounded awesome. like dropping the back of a trailer.

i haven't been at all focused on publishing, Joe. i got knocked off my running routine due to a knee injury, and that's had me a little under the weather. so i've just been hanging on the last few months. coming out the other side pretty soon here, and will start dreaming big again. i have been delving into photography as of late. not sure if i mentioned it, but i ended up with a nikon d50 for work probably 8 months ago. i've gotten pretty handy with it and photoshop. it's marketing photography, but with human subjects. the cool thing is because it's marketing photography, tens of thousands of people see the photos. i've gotten to the point where they're good enough for print collateral. even by other organizations' standards. a coworker brought me a partner org's annual report today, and one of my photos was included in their fancy layout. being able to make that fancy layout would be more in the direction of where i intend to be. but i'm learning late in life that speciality should be where you shine, not all you do.

tumblr_np15b2Ovvq1u9yecko1_540.jpg

my mom and dad are going.

FUCK I JUST BOUGHT MY TICKET, FUCK.

god dammit this is the third? fourth? time seeing grimes for me.

wonder why no west coast dates for the endless summer tour :\

good to hear ya becoming handy in the art of photography, dro!

next shoot pretend you are steven miesel in 80s shootin super models ;p

that show is awesome. and you chose the perfect soundtrack. the models are definitely walking to it. when i saw kate moss and clicked back but the audio kept going, i thought my computer froze. every time the song ended i thought, "are they gonna play another or what?" i'm not gonna deny enjoying ornate sets and over the top shows, but all that usually doesn't beat a straight runway where we can see the models without flyline cameras. their "whatever" walks are great. especially green at the end of the runway, starting at 8:30. i wonder what that girl gets so excited and then angry about. i'd say someone must be wearing a similar hat, but look how boring the audience's outfits are. no susie bubbles in that front row.

nice steven misel clip. you must have quite the youtube history.

sticking with retro ...

tumblr_nppdjzo88a1u9yecko1_1280.jpg

naomi by eddie kohli for Vouge 1988. can figure out who the coat is.

joe - wow. that was awesome. i watched the show listening to the original soundtrack - L7's "Pretend We're Dead". this is coming around at a weird time because i just fucking realized i understand nirvana like a week ago. i've been listening to bleach and never mind non stop.

there were some great lines in that article. i get new york magazine but i don't think i've ever seen that woman review shit.

my prescription is going out on my glasses. i'm getting these. i feel like they say "malcom x cat eye dangerous library cunt." my clear frames were fun but no longer.

reading a new comic about teen gods.

tumblr_nhtrldfAFv1rflte8o3_500.png

tumblr_nhtrldfAFv1rflte8o4_r1_500.png

tumblr_nhtrldfAFv1rflte8o2_500.png

laura (girl, not god) goes through many amazing hairstyle changes. Pander and I are headed to Berlin this summer, hooray! Going to look at some intense buildings and maybe sleep on a boat.

eta: damnit hydro.

Last edited:
i'm not gonna deny enjoying ornate sets and over the top shows, but all that usually doesn't beat a straight runway where we can see the models without flyline cameras. their "whatever" walks are great.
this! i dunno when shows became so elaborate and theatrical but it was so refreshing to go back and see the opposite in the early 90s show. interesting you bring that up and it was a collection from marc jacobs. i still recall the night i caught his last show at LV live stream. (ss14) carousel, fountain, escalator, elevator, doormen... so elaborate! yet fitting for marc's departure from the house. like u say tho, not denying it was enjoyable/memorable, it's just like looking back 20 years... my how times have changed.
sticking with retro ...
naomi by eddie kohli for Vouge 1988. can figure out who the coat is.
first thought was YSL, i gooogle imaged "ysl shouldpads 1988" and that pic pops up on pinterest but no confirmation. =/

joe - wow. that was awesome. i watched the show listening to the original soundtrack - L7's "Pretend We're Dead". this is coming around at a weird time because i just fucking realized i understand nirvana like a week ago. i've been listening to bleach and never mind non stop.

there were some great lines in that article. i get new york magazine but i don't think i've ever seen that woman review shit.
=) glad ya enjoyed it. always nice to share something that ya can relate to. i have the L7 track on as i type this reply. seems like once a year i always go back to nirvana for like a month and other bands from that time. sadly, i always remember cathy horyn from her beef with hedi slimane
In Slimane's letter, he refers to Horyn's preference for designer Raf Simons and adds: "As far as I'm concerned, she will never get a seat at [a] Saint Laurent [show] but might get 2 for 1 at Dior. She should rejoice. I don't mind critics [sic], but they have to come from a fashion critic, not a publicist in disguise. I am quite mesmerised she did get away with it for so many years." Horyn had written a negative review of Slimane's collection for Saint Laurent, although she was not actually in attendance at the show.
my prescription is going out on my glasses. i'm getting these. i feel like they say "malcom x cat eye dangerous library cunt." my clear frames were fun but no longer.
apt description. im a fan, i recall u mention a septum piercing that plus those frames would look bad ass in a "library cunt" way ;p fun fact, i use to wear a malcom x shirt to elementary school but my mom wouldn't let me wear the one that said "by any means necessary" lol :X

berlin sounds like one of the most awesome places on earth for art/music.. you are quite the globetrotter... paris/la/berlin =)

"My move to Berlin was occasioned by its excellent musicians some of whom now make up the core of the ensemble. I live in a 120 years old house surrounded by a courtyard which keeps the street noise out. It affords long-range opportunities for intensive sound experiments and uninterrupted listening without leaving the house for days or weeks. This is a very ideal situation for a composer like me. It remains for the City of Berlin to become the first World City to support the remains of High Modernity without diluting it with pre- or post-modern works – as in New York or Paris. Then something may happen and I might be given the occasion to venture out of my house. As it presently is positioned Berlin appears directionless in its cultural ambitions and without a radical intervention risks becoming as bland as all other European metropolitan zones."
http://www.saatchigallery.com/artandmusic/?cid=475&b_log=475 not too sure about that last part tho...

comic. truth... http://thisisnthappiness.com/tagged/comix
tumblr_npqw51kfxV1qz6f9yo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I will add more later but just shocked myself when I realized

I will be in Milan

For fashion week

I WILL BE IN MILAN FOR FASHION WEEK HOLY JESUS LORD

dope. i hear there is an austrian designer who holes up in a studio in milan's navigli district where he quietly designs an ultra-niche, cult label that he doesn't always produce and only shows to the public when he feels like it.

carol christian poell

tumblr_m74y3u2lf81qd0knjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_n88nxeLgUL1qf8mufo1_500.jpg

gah, had to sort through so many "sick fit pics" :!

Last edited:
oh, boy. what are you gonna wear, Kenickie? you should bring a camera. i hear milan is the good one.

sounds like you've got some awesome traveling coming up. i'm excited for you!

"when he feels like it." that's the life. i googled to see more of his stuff. has that grotesque quality that's in a lot of what you share. reminds me of how my artsy grandma used to decorate.

valentino resort '16 is on the internet as of today and there are a few standout dresses ...

tumblr_nq2c5r8vVY1u9yecko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq2c6rQhcV1u9yecko1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nq2c60p9XY1u9yecko1_1280.jpg

sneakers peeking out at the bottom there. from style.com, but they're press release photos. when valentino isn't going for their sheer flow-y look like the top pic, they're all about this simple, long-lined silhouette that seems designed to be a canvas. they get away with it because it's a sleek yet strong shape. but it's not very soft or girl-y.

edit:
that top dress and a few others are reminiscent of rodarte. has the asymmetrical patchwork look that rodarte often uses. plus the wheat. from fall '11 ...

NSFW:
tumblr_nq2f5byLJV1u9yecko1_540.jpg
tumblr_nq2f5byLJV1u9yecko2_540.jpg

and from spring '11 ...

NSFW:
tumblr_nq2gbgY51d1u9yecko3_540.jpg
tumblr_nq2gbgY51d1u9yecko2_540.jpg

tumblr_nq2gbgY51d1u9yecko1_500.jpg

not really fair to compare resort items from a designer that puts out like a dozen collections a year to fall & spring items from a designer who does not do a separate couture line. but looking cheap, valentino.

Last edited:
like how sneakers can make a look so much more appealing (to me). what i've come to expect from the house, tho i am always pleasantly surprised at their ability to, imo "get it right" when it comes to the details of each look. that's where their true talent lies, to step back see it as whole and edit as needed. like some would say "he has an ear for music" they have an eye for editing and know how to get and hold your attention with patchwork/embroidery. yea, i personally prefer more minimal/modern style but can and always do appreciate what they come up with.

post something from likes! bored waiting for tele shows to d/l to pass time...

“Thomas Tait” | Kiki Willems Photographed by Harry Carr and Styled by Anna Pesonen for SSAW Magazine Spring/Summer 2015
tumblr_npw6ixKS011s6ecygo1_500.jpg

Oyster Beauty: ‘The Fifth Element’ Shot By Omar Macchiavelli
tumblr_nq1031So9R1qhbn7lo1_500.jpg

Oyster Fashion: ‘Lean Back’ Shot By Jo Duck
tumblr_nq6l8o5brx1qhbn7lo1_500.jpg

Coach Spring 2016 Menswear
tumblr_npw9y32zAp1rbqjqso1_500.jpg

Oyster Fashion: ‘Lean Back’ Shot By Jo Duck
tumblr_nq6l8o5brx1qhbn7lo1_500.jpg

i'm about to fuck with that really hard.

giles resort 2016 had this model that immediately struck me as a hydro model. funny mouths and weird eyes.

giles-001-1366.jpg

giles-017-1366.jpg

i hate these style.com things but like sometimes what the fuck else are you going to do?