• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dealing with OPIATE RELATED CONSTIPATION ~ Mega Thread

i've gone close to a week. and when i sat down on the shitter to release it, it was a very long and painful process. i had to work that out by putting pressure on my gooch area to give the shit a bit of help making it's way out. i ripped my arse a little because i had blood on my toilet paper; i checked because of the agony i was in.

after the initial passing round two was green apple splatters. it's as if the first crap unblocked the rest of my bowels and let the rest flow easily soon after.

it's one of the downsides to being on opiates 24/7. ive found a lot of wheat, oats and bran as well as fruit and vegetable make passing easier and the stool and lot less hard and intense. drink ample amounts of water makes things a lot easier as well/

If you are on opiate drugs daily, Docusate Sodium at night works well, it keeps you regular and prevents the "greenback anaconda" phenomena.

i dont know if this is just me but somehow my body has this pavlov response where before i am going to do the opiates i have a no-bullshit urge to drop one.. happens every time i use and skip a day or two.

samadhi_smiles said:
search for a product with lots of psyllium fiber in it, its natural and non-addictive (ie you'll be able to poop fine without it of course once you're not on opiates). It really helps! Its mandantory for me to take it when I take a strong dose of opiates because I hate being backed up!
I would actually recommend methylcellulose (Citrucel) over Psyllium (Metamucil). They are both bulk forming agents but methylcellulose has been shown to not cause the cramping, bloating, and uncomfort that Psyllium can cause.

My little bro, said kids in boot camp would literally go 7, 8 days without shitting...no lie, and that's not drug induced...

ellua said:
^ what was it from, then? i don't get it... o_O

Probably in boot camp the stalls aren't exactly enclosed. I would have a very hard time shitting if someone else was in the room -- one of many reasons I'm not in the military!

I don't use at all, much less daily, but everyone has constipation from time to time. CAFFEINE, PEOPLE, CAFFEINE! Coffee is probably the best laxative out there.

I also have to echo the sentiments about impacted bowels. You don't have to go to the bathroom every day, but if you are a daily opiate user and you go more than a few days without going (lol), you could become dehydrated easily. Drink loads of water if you use opiates regularly. And definitely abstain here and there. Your tolerance and your wallet, in addition to your bowels, will thank you.

ellua said:
^ what was it from, then? i don't get it... o_O

Well, it was the Marines, and he told me the conversation would go sort of like this..."Sir, this recruit requests to make a head call" "You think I give a shit?" would most likely me the answer a high percentage of the time. Esp. if they were out in the woods for the week or so, shitting was minimal...and he said your body just got used to going once a week or so.

Geeze, I don't know how some of you guys can go so long.

I know everyone feels different effects, even as far as WD's, but even when I was using heavily and daily, I'd always wake up in the morning and be able to take a shit. I'd always wait for it to come before I started using, just to make sure it came out.

gregg said:
I had to reach in and pull rocks out of my tushy. Now I am an addict, but I take fibercon daily, and if I eat fruit and drink water, I'm all good.

You stuck your hand in your fucking asshole and proceeded to pull pieces of shit from your ass?

8( LMFAO!!!!!!!!

wiggi said:
If I were you, I would start taking laxatives and stool softeners unless you like your rectum being torn apart by shitting bricks. You can seriously fuck up your body going days without shitting. I've gone 4-5 days and when I finally took a shit, it nearly killed me.

8o

Thank God I hate opiates.

:(

Happened to me a couple weeks ago. It was like a 11-12 days. I ended up taking 3 doses of miralax over 3 days.

But.. I ate some shrooms, thought that was a mistake cause they always fuck with my stomach. Well, after 4 hours of excruciating stomach pain after trippng, I managed to take a shit and it was the best shit of my life.

tada!

eat frosted mini wheats regularly.

once when i was in the psych hospital i went some twenty days without shitting just cause i didnt want to use there toilet. that was a life-saver. i was depressed so i wasnt eating nearly as much but that qualifies as the biggest shit ever in my book 9 kourics

FictitiousThinking said:
once when i was in the psych hospital i went some twenty days without shitting just cause i didnt want to use there toilet. that was a life-saver. i was depressed so i wasnt eating nearly as much but that qualifies as the biggest shit ever in my book 9 kourics

20 days??? I don't know if I can reasonably believe that, I'm sorry man. Seems like that would rot you from the inside out. You'd have to start sweating out feces or something!! There's only so much room inside, and even if you're eating 1 meal a day, c'mon...that's just nasty