• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dealing with OPIATE RELATED CONSTIPATION ~ Mega Thread

Daily Opiate Users: How Many Days Without Shitting?

I've been on a bit of a binge since Saturday night and I haven't pooped since Saturday afternoon - it's now Wednesday afternoon.

Haven't used today but still can't poop. Why? And has anyone gone more than 4 days without shitting? How many days have you gone? When can I expect to shit if I don't use today? Is this really fucking up my body? I don't feel bloated at all.

If I were you, I would start taking laxatives and stool softeners unless you like your rectum being torn apart by shitting bricks. You can seriously fuck up your body going days without shitting. I've gone 4-5 days and when I finally took a shit, it nearly killed me.

^yea dude, it sucks when you dont shit for 4 days then finally drop out a football shaped 12 pound mud baby.

eat lots of fiber.

fuck man i know how you feel.. just know you're gona be taking a really fat dump..

somehow my body has adjusted to takin a shit before noon. it's pretty cool..i do my business and carry on with the day, repeat. i am pretty sure if i jumped off the stuff, i'll be shitting more than i do now..its a little reassuring to at least be shitting daily so i take it for what its worth

Would it be a bad idea to not eat anything while taking opiates, knowing that opiates will cause constipation? Talking about a few day binges here. I mean, no food = no shit, right? :p

i remember an autopsy of a heroin addict was performed where they found 12 pounds of feces inside him.

disgusting.

p.s. if anyone says i'm full of shit, i'll fall off my chair laughing.

dude lol u gotta be prepared on an opy binge, think about it in 2 ways, getting your bowels/poo some fluid/water and secondly getting the muscles pushin it out

take dietry fibre supplements, sodium duccosate stool softener or sorbitol to keep you less dense and passable and then some senna or a bowel muscle irritant to get the muscles pushin

if it gets serious and more uncomfortable you gotta get a little enema squirter bottle from a chemist or a sodium picosulfate solution/powder that is a VERY strong laxative used even before colonic surgery

Cocaine always gets things moving for me if you know what i mean. Maybe you should end your opiate binge with a cocaine binge?

And no, I do not think not eating for the duration of an opiate binge is a good idea. Just try to find a way to make yourself shit. Or maybe eat a lot of very liquidy foods, like applesauce.

I seriously doubt that Wiggi and I are the only ones who have gone 4 days without shitting. These posts are making me uneasy. Can't anyone share a similar story or give me a "it will be okay i've been there!" or something?

search for a product with lots of psyllium fiber in it, its natural and non-addictive (ie you'll be able to poop fine without it of course once you're not on opiates). It really helps! Its mandantory for me to take it when I take a strong dose of opiates because I hate being backed up!

Also drink lots of water...that will keep things moving and will signal to your body to not leech as much water from your poop (which happens to a greater degree if you're dehydrated/constipated which means harder poop which means harder to pass).

I've gone 3 days and nearly died. U are gonna be in a ton o pain my friend. No way around it...I also have a hard time going p while on my meds

When I first started taking methadone for the first few months I wouldn't be able to go sometimes for a week. I would finally be able to because I would hold off on my dose to where I would feel slight w/d then I would finally go but it still wasn't much.now I'm fine I changed my diet and hold off for awhile on my dose.My advice would be maybe try enema to evacuate everything and take stool softeners daily.Also eat a diet high in fiber and drink lots of water.

Still haven't gone and haven't taken anything today. I'm drinking water, eating fiber, took some stool softener. Even ate prunes. It will probably happen for me tomorrow.