• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Benzo's

Basic Drug Discussion. The question of whether to mix benzos with LSD has been brought up countless times, and been answered similarly each time. BDD is used for relatively simple and basic questions like this, but it's really just a suggestion for the mods.

yeah thats how i found out about this site was googling that question but i figuered id ask it too

Again, taking the xanax will severely weaken the lsd and the mdma. It might not kill the trip if you take it regularly, but I would avoid it if possible. Just have it on hand knowing the option is there, and if you do choose to take some, take the smallest possible dose.

I second this. Taking xanax can take away a lot from a trip so you really don't wanna use it unless you have to. I would say if your gonna take it before the trip, don't take more than .5mg at first. You can always take more if you feel it's necessary but try not to do it immediately at the first sign of discomfort. Usually it will pass within a few moments so just try to work things out yourself first before turning to the xanax.

I have some anxiety issues but I've never had a bad trip because of it. It depends on what type of anxiety and how bad it is though so be careful.

Good luck if you decide to go through with it.

Well here's my two cents. I have had friends who I've dosed take two 1mg Xanax and then two hits of liquid 2 hours later barely trip... It really weakens the experience, so like every other post do not take the xanax that day just have it on hand. The knowledge of the fact that it will kill a bad experience within 20-30 minutes should be calming enough! If you feel completely uncomfortable just take 1 mg, if you decide to chew it it will kick in faster in my experience, taste's nasty but does help.

Be safe!

thanks :) actually my fiance actually randomly got the chance to do it on fathers day haha. but he also asked me to eat 3 mgs of xanax throught the day and he told me that he still tripped balls but the trip was SO mellow (he ate 4 hits of blotter, and he usually can handle 5-7 hits without benzos). and that him knowing me very very well that i would actually trip and enjoy it....but he ate my acid along his so i will have until the next festival to find some because he just had to eat all the acid. i was kinda pissed cause i wanted the experience but someone had to be responsible and wake up with the baby..........................right? :)

Xanax with Psychedelics

I was wondering, how does xanax affect your trip?
I have a sort of problem with my heart, whenever i dose my heart rate sky rockets to 160+ once got to 180+ from only 1 strong hit of L. But the thing is before that i have done L, 2ce, lots of L, mushies, ecstacy and smoked pot for 3 years. Now i dont know why this is happening but i was wondering if i take some xanax with L will my heart rate stay normal? and how will the trip play out differently from just dosing normally without xanax.
Also plz post any experiences you have had with xanax or any other benzo mixed with Psychedelics even RCs.
THANK YOU! im new to this site so sorry if my post is a bit weird :D

A quick heart rate is pretty normal on Psychs, especially LSD in my experience. Ive never dosed a Benzo then dosed a psych though, most people here will tell you your pretty much cancelling out the LSD's effects.

From what I have read on here though, it takes the edge of the effect and chills you the fuck out.

I usually take Xanax to stop a trip. Its very effective at that depending on the dose you take.

If you took enough good L, and a decent dose of Xanax you could still have visuals. The mental aspect of tripping would seriously be diminished imo. Its still enjoyable tho. Get some good fluff...

Anyway good luck with that heart rate, sounds like tachycardia to me. Maybe anxiety is causing it? I'm no dr though.

ive taken benzos to bail me out of a few high dose acid trips that got really intense.. it calms everything right down and really takes the body load off. ive done this with valium and xanax. it will bail you out of a bad trip but once you take it the show's basically over. it just really kills things visually and takes a lot away from the introspective experience. and now that i think about it every time ive taken a benzo while tripping ive regretted it.

I had a really bad trip once. The only one I've had. I freaked out for about four hours on acid. It was horrible. I took one mg of xanax and after a few minutes my trip almost completely stopped. There was a vague effect reminiscent of an LSD trip but it was very easy to ignore. I just smoked some weed and blacked out while I watched anime.

I took about 1.5 mgs of lorazepam with a 2nd plateau DXM trip. The dissociation was increased with very little loss of visuals.

I'll have to agree, that if you take Xanax with psychedelics, you are pretty much canceling out the most important aspects of a trip.
Psychedelics are generally very physically benign, so unless you have a pre-existing heart condition, my guess would be that it is a psychosomatic thing. It's probably anxiety or excitement that's causing it.

if you're a daily benzo taker it won't affec t your trip if not it will slightly dull your trip depending on how much you take .. 0.5mg xanax=no anxiety +nearly full effects of LSD... 8mg xanax=no anxiety+no LSD trip

I'd say that moderate anxiety is part of the psychedelic experience. Dulling your emotional response seems like it would take a lot away from the experience - but I guess that it depends on your original reason for taking psychedelics. If it's mostly a recreational thing, Xanax could probably be useful, and as long as you keep the dosage low, you could probably still get something useful from the experience.

I was wondering, how does xanax affect your trip?
I have a sort of problem with my heart, whenever i dose my heart rate sky rockets to 160+ once got to 180+ from only 1 strong hit of L. But the thing is before that i have done L, 2ce, lots of L, mushies, ecstacy and smoked pot for 3 years. Now i dont know why this is happening but i was wondering if i take some xanax with L will my heart rate stay normal? and how will the trip play out differently from just dosing normally without xanax.
Also plz post any experiences you have had with xanax or any other benzo mixed with Psychedelics even RCs.
THANK YOU! im new to this site so sorry if my post is a bit weird :D

not done xanax on acid but I did take some valium to stop a really bad trip and tbh it kinda helped but once the initial effects of the valium had worn off i started tripping again.

the valium kind of paused the "film" instead of muting it...knawmean?

^ i disagree with this. once you take a benzo the trip will never be able to return to the levels it was previously at, even as the benzo wears off.

not done xanax on acid but I did take some valium to stop a really bad trip and tbh it kinda helped but once the initial effects of the valium had worn off i started tripping again.

the valium kind of paused the "film" instead of muting it...knawmean?
^ i disagree with this. once you take a benzo the trip will never be able to return to the levels it was previously at, even as the benzo wears off.

Do note the duration of action of valium. It is very long acting. Diazepam takes 30-90 minutes to reach peak plasma concentrations, which is a damned long time during a bad trip.

Most likely what happened is that he was having a rough time, and took the benzo - and calmed down, grounded himself, etc (with some assistance from the benzo, and probably much more from the knowledge that he'd taken it). Then as he relaxed and allowed the effects of the acid to return, they did. I think we've all had the experience of grounding outselves while tripping, and then relaxing and feeling the trip come back, in whole or in part.

We also don't know the dose of benzo he took, or whether he experienced the trip returning to its full intensity... (i'll bet money though that the answers to these questions are "low" and "no")

if you're a daily benzo taker it won't affec t your trip if not it will slightly dull your trip depending on how much you take .. 0.5mg xanax=no anxiety +nearly full effects of LSD... 8mg xanax=no anxiety+no LSD trip

Thats exactly what i was planning to do, only take .5 mgs. The whole point of me doing it isnt to diminish the emotional aspect of the trip, just to keep my heart from jumping to 180+ its too much honestly. I mean ive tripped A LOT before the heart thing so hopefully the trip isnt fully diminished.
But Im still really curious to know if anyone mixed benzo with any RCs

I'm in the same boat Imanuel but I take 1mg Klonopin twice a day... I'll find out soon enough I guess. I just can't handle the off the chart tachycardia...