• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Benzo's

Imanuel2012; That's all fine and dandy, but I'd still like to hear your take on why you get that highly elevated heart rate. :) The classic psychedelics shouldn't cause that by themselves, so I'm thinking that it might be psychosomatic (caused by anxiety or "trip emotions").

Hm, that's funky. How do you measure your heart rate? By counting?
I've seen people mistake the buzzing feeling for an out-of-control heart rate. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but it's possible.

I have counted my heart rate before using a BP machine. LSD raises my BP from a normal 115/80 to about 130/85 and my pulse from 84 (I'm a smoker) to about 140 for a mild trip up to 170 to a high dose trip... Tachycardia is uncomfortable.

Strangely enough, MDMA spikes my heart rate to 130 max... and that's at the end of the night when I've had 5 or 6 pills. Unless I have a panic attack - then its obviously higher.

That's pretty crazy, I wonder why that is. I always feel very physically comfortable, although stimulated, when on LSD.

I'm well aware of that, but it is certainly not considered a typical effect of the classic psychedelics to dramatically elevate your heart rate for prolonged amounts of time.

I've never noticed my heart rate go up that much during LSD trips or any othe tryptamine (I have had it go uncomfortably high on 2c-x before) so saying 160-170 boms is "normal" seems very odd to me. That's about the range my heart rate goes when I'm doing cardio work outs and I feel it intensely. That would be so uncomfortable when tripping.

I personally believe even .5mg xanax will very much dull your trip if you have no tolerance. WHen I had none .5 had a very notiecable sedative effect. Try .25 at first if you really need it.

Which 2C-Xs have you found put your heart rate uncomfortably high? IME 2C-I was the worst about that... but its been a long time... I think 2C-E was stimulating as well but not anything near 2C-I. And I've heard 2C-T-2 is more sedating...

5-MeO's all increase my heart rate.

2C-C feels quite sedating as well. I haven't paid any notice to my heart rate while on it, though.

2C-C is body neutral... its a rather magical chemical IMO because you can mold the experience with your mind to bring on a trip of any other substance you've done. I pushed 2C-C into a full-blown AMT experience complete with the amazing body high and visuals but sans the body load.

2C-C is body neutral...
Hm, I have never heard anyone who's tried 2C-C call it body neutral.
Shulgin wrote:
There seems to be less stimulation than with 2C-B, and in some ways it is actually sedating. And yet I was up all night. It was like a very intense form of relaxation.
and I very much agree with that. But everybody has a different experience, needless to say.

But I think we're getting off topic here.. :)

I've had it with 2c-i and 2c-c - they also seemed to restrict my breathing as well. It seemed random though as I have had other trips were it was completely fine and totally enjoyable. It's hard for me to attribute it to anxiety or anything psychosomatic as they were pretty moderate doses and I wasn't tripping very hard or having any mental struggles that would cause me distress.

I've never had any hint of this on tryptamines and I've had many strong trips with them. This seemed to be a weird physical reaction.

2c-c is the strangest because normally I get that practically sedating heavy body effect from it but that time was a completely curveball. I've had many great trips on it that felt totally clean too so it's just weird.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of these negatives are actually caused by impurities... It would be interesting to see what would happen if everyone took their RCs and recrystalized them to see just how impure they are and how much better they are when all the intermediates, etc,. are gone...

Anyway since I've been on benzos for years I can add commentary on psychedelics.

These are all on Xanax - the only thing I have taken since I switched to Klonopin was MDXX and methylone, neither of which suffered at all from what I could tell.

Mushrooms - virtually unaffected - in fact, the trip got out of control at one point and I had to take more xanax to calm it down.

LSD - I can trip LSD on Xanax but if I take any DURING the trip, it aborts it almost entirely.

5-MeO-AMT - intensifies the trip and does little for the tachycardia if taken during the trip.

2C-I - virtually unaffected but dosing during the trip will dumb it down a bit, little done for the tachycardia here.

I think that's all...

LSDaffinities.GIF

You're messing with a lot of neurotransmitter systems that determine heart rate and pulse. What IMO has an even greater effect, is anxiety. LSD and anxiety can raise your heart rate and pulse higher than high doses of cocaine, meth, and adderall.

Imanuel2012; That's all fine and dandy, but I'd still like to hear your take on why you get that highly elevated heart rate. :) The classic psychedelics shouldn't cause that by themselves, so I'm thinking that it might be psychosomatic (caused by anxiety or "trip emotions").

honestly i have no idea why it does that. Its not anxiety cause ive tripped on very high doses many many times. Its weird after i railed like 20 mgs of 2ce from then on whenever i smoked pot or did L my heart rate goes crazy. But its not anxiety i feel good at the beginning but as soon as it starts beating really hard thats when i get worried. And its not like im even tripping hard ive tripped way way harder it just randomly starts going off, it gets so bad my legs and arms become numb because blood is pumping so fast it doesnt reach them, i have cold sweats and my fingers are freezing. They sometimes even turn blue and i literally feel so bad the thought of death comes into my mind. Ive tripped at least 50+ times on all sorts of psy so i dont know why its happening

I wonder how many of these negatives are actually caused by impurities... It would be interesting to see what would happen if everyone took their RCs and recrystalized them to see just how impure they are and how much better they are when all the intermediates, etc,. are gone...

Anyway since I've been on benzos for years I can add commentary on psychedelics.

These are all on Xanax - the only thing I have taken since I switched to Klonopin was MDXX and methylone, neither of which suffered at all from what I could tell.

Mushrooms - virtually unaffected - in fact, the trip got out of control at one point and I had to take more xanax to calm it down.

LSD - I can trip LSD on Xanax but if I take any DURING the trip, it aborts it almost entirely.

5-MeO-AMT - intensifies the trip and does little for the tachycardia if taken during the trip.

2C-I - virtually unaffected but dosing during the trip will dumb it down a bit, little done for the tachycardia here.

I think that's all...

thanks for the info on the mixes with xanax and psy, ive been asking many people no one seems to know or care lol. 420chan failed me miserably not surprised though haha%)

Here on bluelight people dose pretty damn high for the most part, and i have done a ton of reading on here. IMO fuck having the full trip, because if you are going to have the FULL trip that means you will probably have some anxiety during it which will make you uncomfortable and have a risk of sending you to a bad place. Take .5mg of xanax before your dose and see where that takes you as .5mg xanax isn't much at all and should still leave you with some nice visuals, mental aspects of the trip (although diminished), but also leaving you with a more relaxed feeling in your body. IMO having half the trip and having quite some fun is better then having the full trip with all mental aspects, but being uncomfortable during the whole thing and worrying about your heart..

That depends on whether you're only in it for the fun...

I definitely agree that Bluelighters generally seem to take some pretty high doses, which isn't always necessary. Lower doses can be both fun and rewarding as well!

In the interest of harm reduction, if you are really experiencing a drastic increase in heart rate from LSD I would either take a smaller dose or not take it at all. Do you have any problems with your heart otherwise? When was the last time you went to the doctor for a check-up?

LSD is a stimulant. Some "edge" or minor anxiety is a normal aspect of the drug's primary effects, and if you are taking other drugs to mitigate that then I don't see much point in taking it in the first place.