• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Benzo's

MasterSplinter, you might wanna take out the name of the rave from your post. Stating names of events is against the rules. Just trying to help you out :D.

Anyway, I have the same dilemma as you, except I don't like doing acid at raves, so I guess I'm going to just end up rolling both nights.

Some might say benzos kill a trip. I don't know if they're right, I've never had to use benzos before/while on psychedelics.

I would save Xanax for the comedown of the LSD trip if you're trying to get some sleep, or for the second night, to aid the comedown. Just my 2 cents.

I also would not take 3 pills of MDMA without knowing exactly how much MDMA you were taking by doing that.

Benzos don't "kill a trip" per se, they just mellow the user out and remove some of the psychedelia IME. There are also other non-benzo GABAergic drugs that will mellow out trips.

Certain D2 antagonists(risperdone, chlorpromazine, etc.) are better at dealing with phenethylamine 'bad trips' than tryptamine 'bad trips'. However, either trip should be stopped completely.

I don't see how rolling more then one in a row is gonna cause less thenn any more would. I could easily go on more then just a roll if I had more then just one day to roll and pills with no cunt. Plus asid is easier to take consecutively so I don't see whY the issue is.

Def roll both nite at ecd if you have that many pills. I don't even see what we would need to be dscussong is.

Short-term tolerance to acid generally means you need to double the dose to get a similar effect (would need two tabs on day two if you took one on day one but the two would feel like one). Similar story with MDMA. Yes you can do both two or three or more days running. But you you need to keep upping the doses for less and less of an effect.

Well...whatever works best for you Mastersplinter...

I think I am going to wait and see how I feel...I know I want to try Candyflipping...I would like to try kittyflipping too but I hear it would be tricky to dance..

If I stick to coke on Friday would I still roll saturday?

^^Whatever gets me more fucked up is fine by me. Whgat do you reccommend?

You've got it all wrong.
Taking a benzo or related drug during a psychedelic trip is only for those who may be having anxiety and or panic attack issues. In this case I would recommend midazolam sublingually for quickest effects.
Taking certain atypical antipsychotics during a psychedelic trip is for the purpose of stopping the trip firmly in its tracks.
It's not about 'getting more fucked up' :\

^ Agreed. Taking benzos/other downers when you're tripping results in being less "fucked up" if anything. If you take enough you may be able to pass out but or black out but that's as good as the combo gets.

Well...whatever works best for you Mastersplinter...

I think I am going to wait and see how I feel...I know I want to try Candyflipping...I would like to try kittyflipping too but I hear it would be tricky to dance..

If I stick to coke on Friday would I still roll saturday?

Should be okay by the Saturday to feel the MDMA. Coke + MDMA just doesn't work but a day between should be enough to sort that. And believe me, you can dance just fine when "kittyflipping". I'm no dancer but even I can't help myself on that combo. It's just plain lush. And your limbs are all long and spindly so you can dance in whole new ways.Teetery-tottery, wibbly-wobbly, wonktastic =D

Best not to overdo the ket if you want to stay vertical but lil bumps go down a treat :)

sounds like a fun weekend... i suggest, because acid lasts longer than xanax, you take quaters at a time throughout the trip, i don't think it will dull the trip significantly...

i know i personnally in a large crown whether rolling or trippin always take a tiny amount of benzos... not so much for the drug, but for the crowd...

yea last time i took klonopin during a trip i stopped having visuals almost instantly..totally killed it

have fun

^^ really.. i guess its cause i take benzos daily and have a high tolerance, so it doesn't affect my trips... but usually i keep the benzos for the come-down

A Klonopin killed my trip instantly the other night and put me right to bed.

the one time i did Xanax with shrooms (not acid) i ended up going completely insane, forgot where i was, what i was doing, ended up not enjoying the trip at all. Dont do it

lsd and xanax?

I know this question has been on here alot, im new to this site so i dont really know what im doing yet.. but i used to trip alot and enjoyed every second of it,i do usually get the whole anxious feeling until it starts kicking in but thats normal for me. i havent done it in over a year becuase i had a baby and developed anxiety and now im on xanax for it.. i really do want to trip again, and was wondering if i experience anxiety from the trip will the xanax totally get rid of the anxiety and help me have a good time? and if so how many mg's should i take? im only thinking about starting small with the lsd like maybe one hit to see how that is because i really dont want to have a bad trip.

Speaking from experience, xanax can be very effective in eliminating the anxiety in a trip and reducing your chances of a bad trip. The nausea is also eliminated, as it's psychosomatic and is simply physical discomfort caused by mental discomfort.

Many of those who zealously label psychedelics as "entheogens" would disagree with the concept of labeling any trip as "bad", as they claim that it's a purging experience. I'd disagree, however, for those with any anxiety problems, as a bad trip can be traumatic. If you regularly have anxiety, it may help to take 1mg of xanax. No more, however, as higher doses will prevent you from remembering important aspects of the trip.

i would like to know as well

i have tripped only once and it was very mind opening and has impacted my outlook on life tremendously. i would also like you , want to know what will limit the chance of anxiety during a trip.

this may sound pathetic but i am new to the site and cant figure out how to create my own post but i have a question about my friend.

he has always smoked weed for a long time but no one has ever seen him do anything other. but a few days ago out of no where he turned very religious and hasnt slept in days. and walks around town holding a bible and telling everyone god created them perfect and he has overcome sleep and is starting a revolution and all kinds of stuff. i researched a little and it sounds like he may have tried lsd and is stuck in a trip almost...any thoughts??

im really nervous for him, he is actually in a mental institution right now by force..feedback is very appreciated.

The truth is, anxiety during a trip is very fleeting. Anxiety is a positive part of a trip because it has a way of bringing life's problems to surface without being able to be hidden via defense mechanisms. You identify the problem, find the solution, and then feel better about having done so. The trip becomes more positive and worry-free as a result.

Mixing tranquilizers with psychedelics does one a great disservice.

binkdawg, that sounds terrible. i certainly hope he is getting some kind of emotional support and not just a straitjacket. does he have any kind of support net (family, close friends)? people were not meant to be on their own in this world, it causes all kinds of emotional problems.

Unless the discomfort and feelings of anxiety are very distressing and make the overall feeling of the trip disagreeable, I would stay away from the Xanax... Or take very little. It degrades a lot from the trip, I find, and makes it decidedly less psychedelic. I have had success when I accidentally stumbled upon some acid and shrooms, and had already eaten 120mg temazepam that morning, but I took quite high doses of both psychedelics - maybe 750ug of the acid and about 2g of very, very strong shrooms. It was a very good experience, but I had high benzo tolerance and temazepam isn't as strongly anxiolytic as Xanax. I'd say take the acid first - since Xanax sets in fast, wait until you're feeling very uncomfortable if that happens (and it might not, the knowledge of having Xanax in case might calm you down), and if so, then take 0.5mg or 1mg of Xanax - it will kick in fast and relieve the anxiety.

okay i will try :) i do kind of have a tolerance to the xanax.. i get perscribed 90 1 mgs for a months supply but i dont take them everyday i just take as needed but still get a new perscription every month, so im basically just giving them to my friends haha. but i do know that everytime i trip i usually get that anxious feeling for the first 30 mintues but i will have my fiance with me and he is what you call your "safe place/person" when you have anxiety... so hopefully things will go well!.. what about doing e pills and taking a xanax? i really want to go to a festival sometime and acid and e were always my favortie thing to mix but know that ive had the anxiety ive been nervous to try the exctasy cause i usually get anxiety from my heart beating to fast and me thinking i will die haha i know its pathetic but it happens.. so i know e makes your heart rate increase but i do want to just have one more fun time with it.. should i? and if i do get anxiety should i mix the xanny wtih the e?

Again, taking the xanax will severely weaken the lsd and the mdma. It might not kill the trip if you take it regularly, but I would avoid it if possible. Just have it on hand knowing the option is there, and if you do choose to take some, take the smallest possible dose.

I think this probably belongs in BDD....