• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine comedowns and related side effects.

I just did some yay last night along with snorting a lil h and smoking a lil base (I dont usually smoke base, but a buddy had some). The yay was real good though, it went up the nose easily, no burning.

Anyways when I finished my last line around one am I poped 10 mgs of methadone and ate about 3 mgs of xanax and smoked half a blunt fo granddaddy purple. I laid down wthin ten mins I was fast asleep. I think it was xanax that helped, and I have no tolerance to it as I just a new script for it and havent had one for years. But anyways it was quite odd because in the past when I've done blow after I'm finished I'd end fiending for hours and have my nose burn like hell and couldnt sleep.

Disclaimer: I am in no way advocating mixing all those drugs. I'm just discribing my most recent experience.

Peace

Last edited:
Also I heard someone talkin about parachuting yay... Does this work well? One of my main complaints of yay is snorting it cause I dont like putting all that shit up my nose. I'm gonna try this parachuting thing next time I get some... How much should I do? Should I just wrap a lil in a thin napkin? Would .2 at a time be enough? How long does it last? Sorry if this is off topic or already answered. I didnt notice it...

I haveheard that the stomach breaks it down and it doesnt really work... is this true?

Last edited:
So I've dabbled with coke a few times over the past couple months. It really has odd effects on me:

First time I tried it, I sniffed up a good 1g+ over the course of a couple hours. Didn't really feel anything, but loved the stuff anyway.... 8) No comedown, though

Then I bought more, and it started to have an effect, then I really started lusting after it, but controlled my use very strictly. Still never felt a come down.

Several months have gone by since I've used it, and just the other day my buddy busts out two fatty lines for me and with the combo of weed and alcohol in me, the rest of the night was straight euphoric. No comedown at all.

A couple days after that, the same friend comes over and gives me the rest of his stash (probably a good 1.5g) of the same exact stuff from the other night that gave me one of the best highs of my life. Me and two friends do a little sampling of it, about 4 lines a peice over the course of an hour. I felt a little high from it, but nothing special. About an hour later though, holy fucking shit balls, I have NEVER felt a crash like this in my whole life....

The whole rest of my day was just FUCKED. I felt like shit, drained of energy, anxious, sweating badly, heart flutters, REALLY depressed (for no good reason) and I didn't start feeling better until drank a couple beers, ate some food and smoked A LOT of pot. I took some melatonin, it still took me forever to fall asleep, and I woke up this morning feeling totally unrested. Not to mention, one of the people I gave some to that day tried it for the first time ever. Now, she says she can't stop thinking about it and she keeps saying how she could "do this every day" and how she "wants some right now and is tempted to just start asking around for it", so I'm totally mind fucked about that and it's upsetting me big time.

And after all that, I must say the thought of doing more makes me nauseus. I've always lusted hard core after that taste, and smell, and the feeling, but right now, I'm thinking about it and it's actually making me feel sick... Maybe a blessing in disguise?

What the hell!? :X

Last edited:
Also I heard someone talkin about parachuting yay... Does this work well? One of my main complaints of yay is snorting it cause I dont like putting all that shit up my nose. I'm gonna try this parachuting thing next time I get some... How much should I do? Should I just wrap a lil in a thin napkin? Would .2 at a time be enough? How long does it last? Sorry if this is off topic or already answered. I didnt notice it...

I haveheard that the stomach breaks it down and it doesnt really work... is this true?

Dude I wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure coke doesn't play nice with your stomach and liver.

Where do ya think it goes after you snort it hmm? Your tummy thats where. Some of it gets processed in there if it doesnt get absorbed up in the nose.

Cocaine works in the stomach, just typically slower and probably not quite as efficient. Such is true of almost every drug we put in the nose.

Where do ya think it goes after you snort it hmm? Your tummy thats where. Some of it gets processed in there if it doesnt get absorbed up in the nose.

Cocaine works in the stomach, just typically slower and probably not quite as efficient. Such is true of almost every drug we put in the nose.

I stand corrected. :)

Any idea what's up with this comedown though? I'm still depressed as fuck today and let me tell you I am normally the most happy, positive, glass-is-half-full kind of guy. I never stress over shit, I'm super laid back, always having fun, but jesus christ today I am just a nervous, anxious, apethetic mess!! i feel like I've gone from being the president to being a junkie in a matter of hours. This seriously sucks and it's not getting better. I think I'm going to go buy some 5-htp.

I'd kill for a benzo...

your last two sentences are not really the right way to go. You should wait it out. Dont cover one drugs effects with another. Yes it sucks.

I think its the pure volume you did, combined with the fact it probably just might be a bad cut batch or something...

Come to Peru, we dont have this problem :) Or comedowns.

Haha, we'll see about that. I went and got the 5-htp and took 100mg (I already was at the store when you replied). I'm pretty much over it now, but just up until about an hour ago, I was just having a real shitty day, and last night was a walk through hell... Thinking of doing more was making me feel sick, but at the same time I wanted more because I knew it would chase this feeling away. Withdrawal is a bitch!!!

Why the hell is this stuff so popular if it has minimal gain for a short amount of time, and then you pay for it like a motherfucker afterwards, and is freakin' expensive!?

Cause people feel like you did, and instead of taking 5-htp they buy more cocaine. Which makes more money.

Its funny because people here in Peru are way less addicted, and just use it for social occasions and stuff, nobody does it alone. they are so much better about it, yet their product is like 10 times better and more enjoyable. Clearly it shows that the cut quality has more impact on the craving.

well i guess im kinda lucky cause i like the comedown feeling just as much as when you finish ur line. but i have a friend who just looks like crap and won't do anything when he crashes but then i have a friend that does more than me, and i think i do a respectable amount, and he never seems to feel like that. maybe some people are just lucky

Lot's of opinions, but here is my 2 cents.

The more cocaine you used in a sitting, the worse the comedown is going to be. (If you stay up all night doing an entire 8-ball to yourself, its going to be worse than if you take a few bumps over then night).

The method of administration will be a factor. Nasal will be the softest comedown. IV and smoking coke is going to be a shorter duration comedown, but much more intense.

Best advice I can give is to have some benzo's ready for the comedown. Works wonders.

I agree with that somewhat...you smoke 2-3 grams over 5 hours ....you are gonna want to kill for more..... you snort the same amount over and extended period of time you might just want to beat the crap out of people for more....so either way... its all good !!!!!!!!!!!!!blow and go!

People are much more well raised around it, and know when to stop. I have never seen a party get out of control with it.

Thats usually all that happens at parties in the states once the blow shows up

Tapering down your use after you've finished, say, a little more than half of your stash works okay too. Just keep reminding yourself you don't have a lot, and you don't want to go out with a bang. Wait as long as you can in between bumps.. and don't have it set out and ready to go on a table in front of you, lol. Set it a room away, read a book, watch a movie, drink some tea. Also, I'm not really entwined in the community so I can't get pharmaceuticals easily, but the OTC med Benadyrl (diphenhydramine) works really really well.. I'm not sure how toxic this stuff is but I just take the recommended dosage and maybe a little more if I need it later and it helps with going to sleep. I hope this helps someone.

EDIT: Lol.. and then..... it turns into a struggle. Ugh. :|

Last edited:
It had a ton to do with individual brain chemistry, especially in concern with DRI's. The more dopamine floating around , the higher you'll get, and the more coke it will take to use up your brain's dopamine.

Drug naive people sometimes don't even get "bad comedowns" because their brain chemistry can bounce back so quickly from coke use. People who have drug affected brains will have much harder comedowns.

-lenses

The answer is good 'caine

If you can get yayo that is in a chunk and is hard as hell, almost stone hard is is almost certainly the best you will find in the USA. If it is a soft chunk it has been stepped on no less then powder (give or take some). Try to get one or two hard chunks. It is a totally different experience, stimulating, focusing, and relaxing at the same time. At most the comedown should be minimal; no crash (in my experience).
It feels like an entirely different drug.

So quality makes all the difference.

But be really careful, esp, if you are accustomed to shity 'cain; and esp, esp, ^10 if you plan on shooting. The less cut the heather of course but I just OD'ed around lastt week. Beleave me it is hell, opioid overdoses aare much less terrifying. The thing is the yayo was so pure plus I have a tolerennce (hence the nick name), so I IV'ed what would normally be a moderate dose of fishscale; started convusining almost instantly, turned blue, very unplesent. Luckly I had some (a ton) of vailum, klonopin, and asprine next to me. downed the kpins like I was taking a shot of gin + some valium. Was still convulsing and hyperventlating (taking short deep breaths seemed to help but I'm not going to serch the med. jurnals unless someone specifically ask). Started screaming for my roommate to come help (who I scared the hell out of). I was takeing ththn ose benzos sublingually as well but wasn't in the right mind to crush them before taking ssubligually. The person who helped me through it could hardly undertand what I was trying to say but somehow I directed them towards Bluelight and had them do a search for something like cocaine+OD+help. It took finnly someone suggested the Ibcrudh up some brnxod

Take a look http://www.ziddu.com/download/6176500/Goodlimestone.jpg.html

Will fix spelling and grammar later, to tired right now.

Last edited:
If you can get yayo that is in a chunk and is hard as hell, almost stone hard is is almost certainly the best you will find in the USA. If it is a soft chunk it has been stepped on no less then powder (give or take some). Try to get one or two hard chunks. It is a totally different experience, stimulating, focusing, and relaxing at the same time. At most the comedown should be minimal; no crash (in my experience).
It feels like an entirely different drug.

So quality makes all the difference.

But be really careful, esp, if you are accustomed to shity 'cain; and esp, esp, ^10 if you plan on shooting. The less cut the heather of course but I just OD'ed around lastt week. Beleave me it is hell, opioid overdoses aare much less terrifying. The thing is the yayo was so pure plus I have a tolerennce (hence the nick name), so I IV'ed what would normally be a moderate dose of fishscale; started convusining almost instantly, turned blue, very unplesent. Luckly I had some (a ton) of vailum, klonopin, and asprine next to me. downed the kpins like I was taking a shot of gin + some valium. Was still convulsing and hyperventlating (taking short deep breaths seemed to help but I'm not going to serch the med. jurnals unless someone specifically ask). Started screaming for my roommate to come help (who I scared the hell out of). I was takeing ththn ose benzos sublingually as well but wasn't in the right mind to crush them before taking ssubligually. The person who helped me through it could hardly undertand what I was trying to say but somehow I directed them towards Bluelight and had them do a search for something like cocaine+OD+help. It took finnly someone suggested the Ibcrudh up some brnxod

Take a look http://www.ziddu.com/download/6176500/Goodlimestone.jpg.html

Will fix spelling and grammar later, to tired right now.

You are correct when you say that an opiate overdose is a lot less terrifying, unpleasant, etc.

This isn't to say opiate OD's are a breeze, any OD is unpleasant. However, when IVing cocaine, if you overshoot it (do a little too much) you start to have rather frightening effects (projectile vomiting - profuse sweating - intense blood pressure, intense heart rate, etc) that tend to make the positive effects (the bellringer, the high) a lot less noticeable.

This is why I only used IV cocaine a few times.

true overdose's suck

You are correct when you say that an opiate overdose is a lot less terrifying, unpleasant, etc.

This isn't to say opiate OD's are a breeze, any OD is unpleasant. However, when IVing cocaine, if you overshoot it (do a little too much) you start to have rather frightening effects (projectile vomiting - profuse sweating - intense blood pressure, intense heart rate, etc) that tend to make the positive effects (the bellringer, the high) a lot less noticeable.

This is why I only used IV cocaine a few times.
Subject should say True, Overdoses Suck

I did not mean to suggest otherwise, no OD is fun.

I forgot to mention that when one gets a true bell ringer (from coke, not me) they are probably very close to an overdose and that is what most people who IV coke a lot aim for (the chopper hovering over their head not the OD).

It is way easier to over do it with coke than opioids IMO.

This may sound strange but I use to be a huge dope addict (mainly heroin). Just quit 180mg from 200mg methadone cold turkey (that was hell), because the clinic would say thay would lower my dose but not follow though or drag their feet.

Then I got kicked out by calling the head nurse a fucking bitch in front of clients and staff. So I went to a different clinic, told the nurse I was having severe side effects from 200mg (a lie). She was cool and lowered me to 140mg. After that I still could not get them to lower it more (even by not showing for like four days, they called me to threaten me on the fifth and I folded). Then later I show up and my dose was set at 180mg. No explanation (WTF).

Basically where I live the clinics are for profit thus have a financial interest in keeping clients on. That junk (no pun intended) is called liquid hand cuffs for a reason. IMO short acting opioids/opiates are much easier to quit. I do have a relevant point, both drugs can be ~ problematic they just have different time lines (ex. 'cain can drop you dead real fast, opioids too but less so).

Now where is lieutenant Speedball? (miss those)

Last edited:
In my case

Which benzo have you found most effective, and at what dosage? I know it varies for everyone.

A small amount of Klonopin plus more Valium. The Valium is way more important because of it has the added effect of muscle relaxation. Sometimes I just take them orally but if you are crashing hard crush them and take sublingually.

Also if you take things to far and start to convulse or think you may crushed benzos under the tongue plus a crushed aspirin can really help.