• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine comedowns and related side effects.

xxCCC

Bluelighter
Over time, I've noticed some people cope with the comedowns of this drug better than others, while some are sent straight to rock bottom (like myself). I've even met a few people who simply said "Oh, I don't get comedowns". It's always made me wonder. Why is this? If some people's comedowns are very mild does that mean their high isn't as euphoric? I would imagine. Also, what are some symptoms you experience? How do you deal, how long does it last, and how harsh is it, and what do you do to lessen it?

I have to drink like a fish, then when I'm drunk I get into music video's, since It's become a pain in the ass to get (anything good) and I never thought I would be saying this but I just really don't have the urge anymore and if I do it I only make one trip where I used to go until the atm wouldn't give me any more money

I hate cocaine for this reason. An intense, wonderful euphoria that bathes you in ego...then twenty minutes later BAM! CRASH!
When I was younger I would just drink hard liquor along with cocaine (not beer, that always left a bad taste in my mouth), and the comedown wouldn't be so bad because I'd be so drunk when the buzz wore off I would just pass out...but these days, I don't even touch the shit anymore because I have to have things a certain way when I do stimulants (including coke) just to avoid the crash. For instance, I won't touch speed or coke if I don't have some strong opiates to kick the depression and anxiety and some benzos to make me sleep. Since I can't always round up the "necessary" drugs to go with my coke, I just plain steer clear of it. I avoid it like the plague. That's the best advice I can give you: ABSTINENCE.

Comedown Abatement

A lot of what the comedown is can be attributed to other factors: what else was ingested during use; physical environment; etc.
Being really dehydrated can be a big factor. I never used to pay much attention to that stuff, but in retrospect that was a big factor. Spending the night snorthing line after line in a smokey room used to make me feel like eating a big greasey breakfast.

I don't know, in all sorts of circumstances I had done it in I've always been very dangerously low in spirits, regardless of what I've eaten, etc etc.. and I agree with Eagleman. Had you any success using plain ol nyquil or some OTC sleep medication?

I'm pretty glad I was doing it this back when I didn't have a checking account or a car because I know I would've made some devastating choices, financially and otherwise.

Cocaine by itself doesn't have that bad of a comedown. I would only use it sparingly. If you do it every 10 to 15 minutes until you're stash is gone, I can see why you have such a bad comedown.

The more cut the cocaine is, the more likely there is going to be a horrible comedown.

Personally, I found absolutely no comedown after using it almost every day for at least a few months, but I wasn't using that much, I didn't find it to be that enjoyable (heroin was much more so) and I didn't do a "lot" of it, which might have something to do with the fact I didn't find much of a comedown from it.

How much were you using per day, might I ask? Or hourly, or in a line, etc..

I didn't have comedowns my first couple of times. I was still a virgin to it and didn't even understand I was high when I was. Eventually it grew incredibly potent, which is really risky. I cannot use words to illustrate just how whole the high made me, and words fail me just as severely when trying to explain how hard I'd crash shortly after, lol..

How much were you using per day, might I ask? Or hourly, or in a line, etc..
I once got 1.4g when I was trying to quit using heroin, and I found 1g of it lasted me all week long.

I would use maybe 0.05g a day, I would use a very small line every half hour to hour or so for a few hours a night tops. 0.1g was probably the most I ever did in a whole night.

So, not a lot. When I was on heroin, cocaine was very potent and would synergize really well. Plus, the heroin covered up any comedown effect really.

I once got 1.4g when I was trying to quit using heroin, and I found 1g of it lasted me all week long.

I would use maybe 0.05g a day, I would use a very small line every half hour to hour or so for a few hours a night tops. 0.1g was probably the most I ever did in a whole night.

So, not a lot. When I was on heroin, cocaine was very potent and would synergize really well. Plus, the heroin covered up any comedown effect really.

.05 a day? Your lines were more like specks if you were doing more than two lines a night

As far as comedowns go mine were really bad when I was introduced to the drug, but I did coke so many times I just got used to it a little bit. I still had comedowns but they weren't crashes. Then I eventually started using opiates and/or benzos to completely rid me of any comedown

I agree, small little doses are good.. but I mean, after i've had one or two small ones I look at my stash I just got and I'm totally thinking, "nah, fuck that, I'm about to send myself to the moon".

In my Cocaine days I found I wouldn't touch coke unless I had my Klonopin 2mg script filled or worse case scenario atleast some strong opiate like heroin or oxycodone for the come down. But I actually preferred a good strong benzo. I could dust 1.75+ grams in a night partying and pop about 6mg's of Klonopin and instant come down killer and off to bed I went. Never felled me and I never did coke again without. Now its REALLY rare for me to even touch coke, or pretty much any uppers for that matter these days. Maybe if it;s offered to me for free ill take a little dabble but it simply doesn't appeal to me anymore and boy oh boy is cocaine NOT worth the street value it gets!

Here in brazil we have some pretty pure white. Comedowns are terrible for me too and i use benzos + alcohol and sometimes a few hits of weed.
The thing is that cocaine is very short acting and you have to re-dose it many times to stay high on it for a full night. It's an conpulsive drug by itself (read Freud: "cocaine papers").
I'ving it, you will crave for more and the comedown is even harder. So if i decide to use a few gs of coke, i'll always have some benzos and booze for the comedown.

Last edited:
The higher you rise, the harder you fall.

People in coke producing countries can manage regular, moderate use. Regular, moderate use is ingrained in their culture, and maybe also in their genes.

People in coke importing countries on the other hand, usually want more, and more and more ..

once you've done one line of coke you NEEd another 30 minutes later to not crash..

I never get coke withdrawal , well i only smoke it or inject it so that might have something to do with it.

on the other hand i get horribly wired when i smoke more than a gram

few hours afterwards i just go into a coma , no need for benzos

I never feel a come-down, nor a craving to do more while on the drug. When I come off coke, I get tired and hungry. Usually eat quite a bit then go to bed. Simple as that, its nice!

Last edited:
If you're just snorting, and it's good product, the comedown should be fairly mild.

Of course if you're on a 4 day bender there's gonna be a comedown at the end no matter how good the stuff is. 8o

Benzos or opiates work for me. Alcohol has the opposite effect...it gets me even more wired.

Oh and for some reason I always feel better doing blow on a full stomach...the buzz seems to last longer too.

I snorted half a gram of pretty good coke about a month ago and it was awful. I crashed like a motherfucker but it probably had something to do with the fact i was only 5 days off morphine. I had a horrible depresion for 2 days after but this could have been withdrawal.

I space out my opiate sessions so I rarely get bad physical WD, but the depression I feel after a good heroin binge can be absolutely soul destroying. Worse than any coke depression by far.