• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine comedowns and related side effects.

I never feel a come-down, nor a craving to do more while on the drug. When I come off coke, I get tired and hungry. Usually eat quite a bit then go to bed. Simple as that, its nice!

Can you describe your regular dosage, and how your high feels?

I agree, small little doses are good.. but I mean, after i've had one or two small ones I look at my stash I just got and I'm totally thinking, "nah, fuck that, I'm about to send myself to the moon".

I know huh... I've never met anyone who, on any given coke night, is ready to stop rockin out. Nobody, no matter what they normally have to say about the drug, myself included. And as a drug I am not a big coke fan by any means!

Over time, I've noticed some people cope with the comedowns of this drug better than others, while some are sent straight to rock bottom (like myself). I've even met a few people who simply said "Oh, I don't get comedowns". It's always made me wonder. Why is this? If some people's comedowns are very mild does that mean their high isn't as euphoric? I would imagine. Also, what are some symptoms you experience? How do you deal, how long does it last, and how harsh is it, and what do you do to lessen it?

I won't even take that first line without knowing I at LEAST have some benzo's and some good nug for the aftermath. I personally prefer making sure I have a worthy opiate to go with the good nug if I am gonna be doing coke... benzo's are unnecessary in this case but a couple brews never hurts!

Just my 2 cents %)

Which benzo have you found most effective, and at what dosage? I know it varies for everyone.

Normally my favorite benzo is Valium, but when using in the case of a Coke comedown we are almost always talking about a late night affair... and in these cases sleep is a typically a primary goal (unless using an opiate, in which case the 'party' is being continued in a different context) at least for the near future so I would recommend Xanax. Mostly because it is the best for quicker sleep-inducing amongst the more common benzos available.

If you are out of coke or decide to stop earlier on and/or don't have to get up early in the AM, I recommend Valium as it is longer lasting than Xanax and more enjoyable recreationally IMO. I really enjoy the body buzz and muscle relaxing effect of Valium, but like with other things it comes down to personal opinion.

Just popping for sleep reasons, however, its not so much opinion as it is fact that Valium lasts longer and has active metabolites (Xanax's metabolites are all inactive), which predictably makes it more difficult to wake up early or avoid some morning grogginess when running on less than 7 hours of sleep. The degree of this depends on tolerance and how used to the drug's effects you are.

So in a nutshell, if you are trying to get sleep relatively soon-- 1-2mg Xanax is best assuming no tolerance. If you have plenty of time to enjoy the benzo (with some good bud of course) before going to bed I'd go with Valium 10-20mg or Klonopin 1-2mg. Again this is assuming no tolerance, with the first dosage being relatively light--but remember you can always re-dose if you are unfamliar-- and the second dose listed being a solid and strong, but completely safe dose.

And remember this-- ESPECIALLY if you are gunning for the higher dosage: DO NOT DRINK MORE THAN 1-2 DRINKS IF YOU ARE BENZO NAIVE. You could get away with a couple more on the lower dosage but it is better to err on the side of caution when charting unfamiliar territory!

Last edited:
cocaine - mouth pain

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I swear to God i did a search for it, but I am a very occasional coke user - once in a while every few months. I did some last night, and I thought it was decent, but today I find myself unable to eat anything. The roof of my mouth hurts REALLY BAD. It doesnt hurt if I'm just sitting here doing nothing, but as soon as I try to eat and start chewing, the pain is unbearable!!!!!!! Did I just get shitty blow? This shouldn't be something caused by long term damage, cuz like I said, I hardly ever do it - in fact, I don't really like doing cocaine at all, I just happened to be around a large quantity of it last night so I indulged a little. Probably split 1.5 grams between my and my guy. Why is this happening?? I noticed this same effect (roof of mouth pain) back many years ago when I used to blow down meth (again, this was occasional, not long term usage). Is there something about these stimulants that just irritate the fuck out of the roof of your mouth?? Thanks for reading :)

That sounds like what I used to get EVERYTIME I did speed.

I wouldn't be suprised f that was one of the cuts.

guess it just goes to show that oxycontin (my DOC) is justs superior in every way lol I feel like I cheated on my best friend j/k
No worries tho, I know some of that will do the trick later on for me, either that, or I just won't give a damn that my mouth hurts ha! :)

Yea its some shitty cut. I've gotten it pretty bad sometimes. Like its irritating, but when you go to have a drink of soda, or eat something then Holy Shit pain. Roof the mouth, the thing that hangs in the back of your mouth. Meh to bad coke wasn't all pure.

guess it just goes to show that oxycontin (my DOC) is justs superior in every way lol I feel like I cheated on my best friend j/k
No worries tho, I know some of that will do the trick later on for me, either that, or I just won't give a damn that my mouth hurts ha! :)

Mate.

Oxy and Heroin pwn pretty much anything.

I take it you're not addicted yet (opiates)? I (and my using crowd) found speed/uppers made you REALLY REALLY withdrawal badly.

Yeah I've experienced similar a couple times, years ago.. I thought it was from gumming too much, since I'd get the same irritation on my gums. Never lasted more than a day.

DUDE! I used to get this too. After a good night of heavy cocaine use my mouth would hurt..>But not from grinding my teeth like meth and MDMA..Just like pain in my mouth..

Strange I used to use cocaine a lot and this is a side effect I have never noticed. Personally I hate the stiff nowadays and don't think I'd even do it for free now. If I had to I'd have to have some extra Dilaudid pills of mine I didn't mind wasting towards the end of the night. I won't even think about doing an upper nowadays without a strong opiate or some klonopin/ativan for the comedown. I just really hate the feeling of being amped out on anything. Benzo's or Opiates are a must if i'm going to do coke. Or i'll just do 1 line and 1 line only so I never let me self get amped out.

Definitly. It feels like little tiny cuts in the soft palate close to the back of your throat. Like if you roll your tounge backwards sometimes you can touch it and it is just horrible horrible pain.

Ugghhh I hate that. I noticed this after very very shitty coke. But I really don't know weather it's from just the cuts in it that give you that awful pain, or what I've been thinking lately. Sometime's I think that if I don't cut it up fine enough and the cuts in it just don't break up and leave those tiny little shards in the coke, I think that is actually what causes the pain. Because sometimes I get the same pain radiating from the roof of my mouth the back of my nose. So I think it might be the cuts in it that won't cut up and causes the discomfort.

But when I do really good stuff, I never ever get that horrible pain :)

When going as hard and for as long as I can, I tend to try to drink water and always dring beer. Drink beer moderately while using and then before I'm finished with the last of the yay, pop a couple restoril and drink heavier. Sleep during the comedown and wake up with a mild hangover. This has been done over many years of practice.

Coke comedowns are the worst. E.v.e.r.

I am a pretty daily cocaine user. I don't get really bad to the point where I can't control myself, but sometimes I get very very very anti social.

The only time I don't get that bad of comedowns is with cocaine washed in acetone. But even then, if I do a lot, I still get bad comedowns. To the point where I'm pulling peices of my nose out just to open an airway to get more coke in it. It turns into like little scabs, my actualy skin of my nose, that I just pull out and then it starts bleeding. But I just keep shoving that shit up there.

Cocaine is the worst drug in the world. I haven't used it in about a week, and without a saline spray every 30 minutes, not even an ounce of air gets in my nose. And I'm one of those people that if I can't breathe through my nose, I freak out. It's horrible.

Really, nothing eases the comedowns. I take Advil for the pain, do a line for the pain, take a sleeping pill, then try to fall alseep before the pain comes back.

The next day, I use a saline gel that really really really helps.

It moisturizes so that pain is virtually gone. I also sometimes use Bacitracin for the tiny little cuts I feel up my nose. It helps the little cuts, where I tore out peices of nose, and takes the pain away.

God, I don't know why I do it. I just like it. All the pain and horrible feelings, I still enjoy. Go fucking figure. :!

Yeah, I don't intend on ever getting it again without performing a proper acetone wash. Have you had good experience doing it? I used to get really bad problems, nose bleeds, scabs etc.. Why must you go through the nose? I mean it's fun and all, lol..

After being clean of cocaine for 2 years now, my nose still randomly decides to just fucking hurt. And snorting wasn't even my preferred ROA.

IME chasing other drugs to cope with the side effects of cocaine, so you can do more cocaine, is just about the fastest downward spiral you can get into.

I really don't understand how anyone could do any "worthwhile" amount of cocaine and say they have no comedown. Seems like a fantasy most people chase and never acquire.

Coke comedowns are the worst. E.v.e.r.

I am a pretty daily cocaine user. I don't get really bad to the point where I can't control myself, but sometimes I get very very very anti social.

The only time I don't get that bad of comedowns is with cocaine washed in acetone. But even then, if I do a lot, I still get bad comedowns. To the point where I'm pulling peices of my nose out just to open an airway to get more coke in it. It turns into like little scabs, my actualy skin of my nose, that I just pull out and then it starts bleeding. But I just keep shoving that shit up there.

Cocaine is the worst drug in the world. I haven't used it in about a week, and without a saline spray every 30 minutes, not even an ounce of air gets in my nose. And I'm one of those people that if I can't breathe through my nose, I freak out. It's horrible.

Really, nothing eases the comedowns. I take Advil for the pain, do a line for the pain, take a sleeping pill, then try to fall alseep before the pain comes back.

The next day, I use a saline gel that really really really helps.

It moisturizes so that pain is virtually gone. I also sometimes use Bacitracin for the tiny little cuts I feel up my nose. It helps the little cuts, where I tore out peices of nose, and takes the pain away.

God, I don't know why I do it. I just like it. All the pain and horrible feelings, I still enjoy. Go fucking figure. :!
I meddle in different drugs all the time, but the situation you're in sounds really extreme. It also concerns me how you've gotten used to your problems and have devised short term solutions for them..

I know I'm just some random ass person from the internet telling you you might have a problem, but just want to let you know to stay safe and get help if you need it.

So sorry if I was rude, just felt the need to message...

I meddle in different drugs all the time, but the situation you're in sounds really extreme. It also concerns me how you've gotten used to your problems and have devised short term solutions for them..

I know I'm just some random ass person from the internet telling you you might have a problem, but just want to let you know to stay safe and get help if you need it.

So sorry if I was rude, just felt the need to message...

No No No. No need to appologize. We post here for others to respond. Not all the reponses are positive :)

I appreciate that. Once I start with it, yeah it's a little hard for me to stop until I see the sun coming up. But like I said, I haven't touched it in over a week, and I really have no need for it. It's times like the weekend and wanting to clean the house is what gets me started, but other then that I honestly don't want it and will not touch it. I've have it sitting in my kitchen for the past week, not touching it.

But I really appreciate your concern. Thank you <3