Votes: 33 6.9%
  • I am female and in favor of circumcision

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am female and against circumcision

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • Other - I'll post my response below

Votes: 12 2.5%

• Total voters
i'm uncut. would rather be cut. woulda been easier growing up in the locker room, even easier to wash. would save me one complete hand motion everyday in the shower. that's like over 600 seconds per year that I'm wasting being uncut.

although it's not important enough to actually go and get circumsized over.

i'm never having kids, and wouldn't care if my neighbors wanted to cut off their babies eyelids for aesthetics or traditions.

uh. in other grown men, either way can be sexy. no preference.

I was cut when I was a baby. I am VERY glad that they had it done when I was born, because I would HATE to have to do it now.

(and I most certainly would get it done)

Definitely the majority of guys I've been with have been circumcised, but I've been with the occasional man who isn't.

The first time I saw an uncut penis I was a little confused, but that was only because I didn't really understand it due to lack of exposure.

Since then, regardless of the fact that the uncut penis has been exceedingly less common IME, I don't see it as odd or strange at all.

I like all penises as long as they're attached to someone I'm sexually attracted to! And to be honest, I find the different shapes and sizes rather fascinating and can have a good time marvelling over a penis, regardless of whether it's in an erect or flaccid state. Poking it, prodding it, squeezing it, feeling it grow...

So much fun!!! =D

glitterbizkit said:
First of all, female genital mutilation ranges from cutting off the clit, to cutting off the clit and labia and sewing everything together. In men this would be equal to cutting off the glans. The anatomical female equivalent of male circumsision would be the cutting off of the clitoral hood, NOT the cutting off of the clit.

I'm not for male circumsision other than in cases where it is justified (eg countries with high AIDS rates, other important medical reasons), but there is no way you can ever compare it to female genital mutilation. The long term side effects of male circumsision are not as bad - basically, females who have been cut cannot urinate or have their periods without it hurting, it is extremely rare for them ever to have orgasms, sex is usually excruciatingly painful, and giving birth too. Not to mention how dangerous it is as well. You can't even compare that to male circumsision, where there may be side effects, but they are not as drastic by far.

a lot of this is innaccurate,
I live in West Africa, where i would hazard a guess currently up to about 90% of the female population are circumsised,
a lot that you point out is the result of only the worst case scenarios,
and for the majority your comments regarding urination, periods, orgasms, sex and birth are simply not true.

I have first hand knowledge in this, im agaisnt it for male and females and i DO compare them, that there is not much difference between it.

but i do not deny that taken to extremes female circumcision can defently have vastly more negative affects.
also regional difference in the types of circumcision used, increase the negative affects of it,
im speaking from a specific area, that being west africa of which i have first hand knowledge.

Well I am one of the few people who can say they have had sex as both an intact person and as a circumcised person. I was circumcised when I was 21. It was a personal decision; I don't regret it, nor do I hate my parents for giving me that option. I can say that the difference in sex is not monumental; the sensation as an intact person was slightly greater, but again, nothing too huge. As a parent, I will not allow my children to be circumcised as an infant. I will give them the same choice that I was given. And the cleanliness issue, which is often thrown at me, is nonsensical. That's like telling me that noses are dirty because they produce boogers, so we should chop them off. If you are a clean person, you will have a clean penis. If you are a dirty person you will have a dirty penis. If I don't shower for three days, my body becomes dirty and nasty, whether or not I have foreskin.

boodha said:
a lot of this is innaccurate,
I live in West Africa, where i would hazard a guess currently up to about 90% of the female population are circumsised,
a lot that you point out is the result of only the worst case scenarios,
and for the majority your comments regarding urination, periods, orgasms, sex and birth are simply not true.

I have first hand knowledge in this, im agaisnt it for male and females and i DO compare them, that there is not much difference between it.

but i do not deny that taken to extremes female circumcision can defently have vastly more negative affects.
also regional difference in the types of circumcision used, increase the negative affects of it,
im speaking from a specific area, that being west africa of which i have first hand knowledge.

Could you clarify a bit? Surely if a female has her clit cut off, it will affect the ability to have orgasms. And are you saying if she has her labia sewn together, it won't make periods and giving birth even more painful than usual (not to mention losing your virginity). If where you live, female circumsision involves cutting just the clitoral hood, then no, I agree that wouldn't apply (I've read about women willingly having the clitoral hood cut off to make orgasms easier), but the female circumsision that seems to be talked about the most generally involves more than just the clit hood being cut off.

Anyway, my main point is still that if you look at it anatomically, then cutting the foreskin off is exactly the same as cutting the clitoral hood off... I think when people are talking about female circumsision in this thread, they are referring to the kind which is commonly talked about (the kind you read about in horror stories in magazines etc) , i.e. cutting off the clit, which is anatomically comparable to cutting off the glans - in no way what so ever can this be compared to cutting off the foreskin.

Uncut and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'd have been seriously pissed if I had been. These proceedures should only be done with the subject's full informed consent.

serotoninstorm said:
I fail to see the "Poll" part of this thread... perhaps I'm missing something.

You're not! I'm adding a poll now, the thread was just mistitled. :)

^I don't think I can edit the poll, my bad. I think that would fall under "Other". ;)

I am not bothered by a circumcised partner at all, a beautiful penis is a beautiful penis :) I voted against circumcision, though. I'm in full agreement with those who have talked about informed consent.

Side note: I had a partner the summer after high school who was circumcised when he was 15 because his penis grew and his foreskin became too tight at puberty. He had really significant scarring :( It didn't bother me, though he was really sensitive about it because previous girlfriends had made nasty comments about it. :(

I can't believe that I've been remiss in responding to this thread.

I'm cut. I've got enough lack skin on my shaft to push up and over the ridge at the bottom of my glans when I'm flaccid. When I'm erect, its pretty snug.

I have felt really cheated for years. The absence of sensitivity has been a problem before, and I'm pretty into knee-shaking orgasms. The galling part is that a circumcision in my waspy family is just aesthetics and tradition. I could understand if i was born a jew.

Actually, the real galling part is the two kinds of women I encounter: the ones who think natural penises are "gross", and the ones on the other end of the spectrum who say that I'm "mutilated". Fuck them both, imo.

im still sensitive and being circumsized is easy cleaning....

besides its how you use it tha matters and it looks the same in someone's mouth or vagina

Circumcison is some brutal and backwords shit, the thing they use for even modern cirsumcisons is barbaric, its a little metal box where the tip goes into a little opening, is trapped, then is cut off by bseing smashed against a razor.. I seen it on an episode of penn and tellers Bullshit..

I wasnt cut and I'm glad I'm not. When they showed a baby being circumsized on the tv show it fucken wailed when it was cut.. I mean I know babys cry but thats just a horrible thing to do to a new born baby. People rationalize it as its a good time to do it cause they won't know the diffrence and latter it would hurt more.. bullshit it would be way more terrifying and tramatic to an infant.

I was circumcised as an infant and i am very happy with it. If i was not circumcised as an infant i am sure that i would have had it done at some point. Most of my friends are cut and happy with it, i know that if i have a boy, i will have him circumcised

I'm uncut. As of yet no females have complained. I've toyed with the idea of getting it done, mostly in my younger, less secure days, but now I'm rather happy with it, or at least indifferent. It's said that there is more sensation without, but I obviously wouldn't know.

I am cut and both happy and unhappy about it.

+ looks better when soft
+ easy to keep clean
+ doesn't have a smell or smegma
+ possible less sensation allows me to fuck for longer

- don't agree with the idea we can make the human body better by modifying it
- foreskin is a built-in masturbation machine
- possible less sensation when fucking
- possible less chance of woman orgasming when the man is cut (British study)