• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

All my carts I make come out strong and tasty. I don't know how a legit busines$ can even fuck something like that up.

That's a shame, really.

All my carts I make come out strong and tasty. I don't know how a legit busines$ can even fuck something like that up.

That's a shame, really.

Here goes, and this is just a guess.

Nothing else is allowed except CO2 extracted THC and recombined terpenes. This tastes like there are none (or very little). I gotta think that the extraction and distillation went perfectly - but the manufacturers are not compelled to recombine the THC with the terpnes. So I may have tried just raw distillate, which shouldn't babe much/any taste, right? I don't know enough about concentrates to say what raw distillate should taste like. In that case, my bad.

Other than the legal cart that I purchased on the 23rd, all others have been from BC dispensaries.

Thanks for the reminder about your homemade carts. I can legally buy terpenes, distillate (jars, syringes?) next week so I'll give that a go. I am going to ask q's about levels and ratios....

Tom

I've had a few different kinds of distillate, one of my first experiences was CO2 extracted without the re-introduction of terpenes. It taste like you describe, very bland if anything maybe a cardboard type taste. I believe most other distillate techniques are also going to have a similar issue with the option to re-introduce the terpenes and those most likely would taste very bland as well when "raw."

I am going to ask q's about levels and ratios....
Sure man, hope we can help you out some more...

Finally received a response regarding my complaint (politely worded) about the garbage tasting distillate cartridge. Even after specifying that I was not expecting a refund (illegal) or looking for free stuff, the first thing they did was challenge me on my age. Had to provide proof. Although I understand their hesitation or reluctance to proceed further unless they *know* the customer is above the age of 19, it did get me rather snarky. This is one of the stores where I had to show photo id just to enter. I also find it a bit difficult to understand how someone could work anywhere for 30 years and not be 19+.

Lose some and win some. A younger family member was handing out free joints on Xmas :)

Last time I complained about legal weed at another store it was about dry rabbit turd sized buds - and they offered me a Pax. I told them I just wanted the confidence to be able to buy a decent legal product.

Colorado, please relocate up north to Canada!

Tom

Ugh I hate ID checks. I specifically started frequently only the store where ID wasn't being checked anally, I always just get waved in and it's nice.

I know exactly what you mean about the rabbit turd sized buds hahaha. Lesson learned though, those are LPs to avoid!

Returned the distillate cartridge when I was at the hospital (again, sigh) today. I was polite, which is not my nature. so far, the legal concentrates suck. I suggested that they have the cartridge contents analyzed for industrial contaminants.

Shrug

Tom

I picked up two 1/8ths of different bud yesterday for a decent price and some driving. Pretty content, don't think I'll buy much for a while, but am definitely smoking today away.

I wana buy a new spoon I think. I have a couple good pipes and water pipes but novelty is the spice of life.

Brought out the dab rig and beers for New Years. Doing strike-outs/dabmarines for that instant lift-off. RIP tolerance.

Happy New Year, CD Social! Hope everyone has a good one! Welcome to 2020!

Whoa this thread title was really on point, THE FUTURE IS HERE... in some parts of the globe. Happy New Year Decade! :eek:

Happy New Years Everyone

w01fh4ng- you were 100% right. All I had to do was wait. Regular price product (only one at the moment) is a wee Bit less than black market prices I was paying. And it’s in ounce quantities, coming from Quebec. It will of course sell out quickly and then restocked. I can see a price war starting as a lot of Cdn companies are hurting financially, bleeding money and adding to excess unsold product.

Egzoset-It’s the largest producer in Quebec I think?

Tom

edit - finally received a response from customer service about the ‘defective’ distillate cartridge, and they state ‘we don’t make the cartridge, contact the provincial body responsible for ordering products’, and so on down (up?) the line. Contacted the producer, who turned out only to be an LLC and they would not. Divulge the original producer. So beware if you buy legal Cannabis in Manitoba. There are NO recourses if you have a defective/shitty product. O one stands behind anything that is sold.

Last edited:
Hey fuckers!

So I grabbed 20 Xanax bars about a week before my Christmas (personal birthday present to myself.) I'd been clean from 'em for about half a year now... but I've been stressed as fuck this holiday/peak season, and I've gotta say that since I relapsed it's been a fuckin' wonderful new year. I still have 7 left, so I'm not wildin' out or nothin' but god damn has it been nice to be able to just let shit go these past few weeks.

Smokin' on Runtz, from a weed store in DC. Fuckin' DC, man! I knew they legalized but up until a week ago I thought it was still illegal to run anything other than a medicinal dispensary. They still use the "gifting loophole" but still, it was pretty legit. Nice selection, slightly higher prices than I'm used to.

Hope all y'all are enjoying the new year as much as I am. This time of the year is a bitch for a lot of folks (myself included) and I would've really struggled without the bars.

Last edited:
Medical and adult use Cannabis proposals are both on the ballot in South Dakota in November. That’s my neck of the woods. Throw in New Jersey (legislature mandated ballot question) and this could be another good year for US Cannabis.
ND and SD were 2 states that I particularly feared getting busted in, so this comes as very good news.

Tom

I want legalization here so bad. Oh well. Been smoking too much lately anyhow.

Returned the distillate cartridge when I was at the hospital (again, sigh) today. I was polite, which is not my nature. so far, the legal concentrates suck. I suggested that they have the cartridge contents analyzed for industrial contaminants.

Shrug

Tom
Was it cut with a thinning agent? Iv'e had ones here that use 40% mct oil. I find they are actually ok but it's more cost effective just to buy straight distilette.

Dabbing a little bit of distillate and shatter/crumble is my preferred way to go lately.

Was it cut with a thinning agent? Iv'e had ones here that use 40% mct oil. I find they are actually ok but it's more cost effective just to buy straight distilette.

Dabbing a little bit of distillate and shatter/crumble is my preferred way to go lately.

No, this was a legal distillate cartridge. Health Canada doesn’t allow anything but Cannabis oil and reintroduced terpenes. If It had mct oil, they they were breaking the law (one company didn’t launch their cartridges b/c they were cut with mot oil and were found out. This tasted ‘chemically’ if that makes sense. it was 83.8% THC, or so labelled. I’ve started going back to licensed producers I’m medically registered with for my carts.

Tom

I feel like a greenlighter right now.

lurk more, ya fuckin' noob.

firecrackers are awesome once you figure out which recipes work and which don't. Only downside? They tasted like shit, but I feel that way about most edibles so...

Nothing wrong with firecrackers. I declare all the weed I won’t smoke, grind it very fine and store it in 5-10g portions in a food sealer bag. When I feel motivated I make a bunch of firecrackers and freeze them in ziplocks. I Saran Wrap each one and pull them out of the freezer as needed. Very convenient and accurate for dosing if accurate in measurements, etc.

I Know how to decarb properly but does anyone have an idea about the maximum safe cooking temperature w/decarbed weed?

Tom

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with firecrackers. I declare all the weed I won’t smoke, grind it very fine and store it in 5-10g portions in a food sealer bag. When I feel motivated I make a bunch of firecrackers and freeze them in ziplocks. I Saran Wrap each one and pull them out of the freezer as needed. Very convenient and accurate for dosing if accurate in measurements, etc.

I Know how to decarb properly but does anyone have an idea about the maximum safe cooking temperature w/decarbed weed?

Tom
I don't go over 300 F (in solution--such as peanut butter) with decarbed weed.