• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

I saw the first legal edibles in my city (Winnipeg). Sarcasm aside, they range from 6-21 times as expensive as the black market on a mg/$ basis. About 8x as expensive as legal gel caps. Individual portion size is 2 - 2.5 mg. Maximum of 5 servings per package. Capped at 10 mg per package.

Tom

Yup. And in a few cases tested by the same labs that are certified by Health Canada. Black market edibles are kinda sketchy otherwise. Even homemade edibles were hit and miss until I was able to get lab tested flower.

Money isn't a problem - but the potassium in edibles is (for me). One 10 mg chocolate bar is about 25% of my potassium limit for a day. Health Canada just wasn't thinking about people with disabilities/dietary limits when they placed a 10 mg cap per item.

Still, they will make good stocking stuffers.

Tom

And the vaping products have started to roll in. The usual stuff; 510 threaded cartridges, all in one units that are rechargeable and Dosist pens. Prices are surprisingly good - either on par with US prices (accounting for the difference in the dollars) or for generic distillate carts equal to Cdn black market prices (!!). No shatter, hash, resin, rosin or other concentrates yet. I can't find word on whether or not oil syringes will be sold.

The 510 cartridges are 80+ % THC and the distillate carts are 95% THC/5 % 'natural' terpenes.

There is kief available but it's a joke pricewise.

Overall, quite reasonable and better than I expected.

Tom

edit #1 - 500 mg distillate carts actually cost 10% less than some equivalent black market carts

edit #2 - Friday, Dec 20. All of a sudden, 40 different types of vaping products showed up. Including obscenely priced Pax Era carts w/ that stupid silica wick and Dosist pens. Prices range from equal to black market or priced 50% higher.

edit #3 - December 24th, obscenely priced kief and reasonably priced bubble hash show up. I grabbed an unflavoured distillate cart but haven't tried it yet. Had a look at a bunch of labels and realize that they are only specifying the actual # of mg's of THC. So you might get a 1ml cart that appears only 3/4 full but it's actually @ or close to 100% THC by volume. Some 0.5 ml carts looked almost empty but no - they contained 150mg THC which is stated in the package. It's like this because they are not allowed to add anything to the extracted Cannabis oil - just recombing the extract with extracted terpenes. No added terpenes even if Cannabis derived.

Last edited:
I saw the first legal edibles in my city (Winnipeg). Sarcasm aside, they range from 6-21 times as expensive as the black market on a mg/$ basis. About 8x as expensive as legal gel caps. Individual portion size is 2 - 2.5 mg. Maximum of 5 servings per package. Capped at 10 mg per package.

Tom

Damn that's insane; do they at least have distillate syringes there. I use those for oral cannabis since my state doesn't do food infused products and capsules and tinctures are kinda pricey. A bottle of 25 10mgs capsules cost the same as a gram of 85-95% concentrate(some of which are the exact same stuff they use in the caps. Interesting thing is a 25 50mg caps cost just 2x as much as the 10mg bottle. The price for the gram of concentrate is pretty reasonable. From what I hear we are having lots of shortages with flowers but I don't really smoke much anymore and thankfully since they allowed smokable buds they always seem to have my favorite concentrates in stock allot more.

Some fucker was trying to push so regulation that'd ban weed over 10% thc but thankfully there was a bunch of backlash and it never moved forward.

No, no distillate shrines yet. I’m betting, and I would love to be wrong = that distillate syringes look too needle-ey or druggy for the Cdn government. ‘What about the kids who will inject it?’ I can imagine opponents claiming. No shatter, hash, etc. Again, yet.

One province (Newfoundland-Labrador) has banned Cannabis vapes pending further study. British Columbia is slapping a 20% instead of 6% on vaping concentrates/vapes.

That would suck if a THC cap would be imposed. Don’t give our politicians ideas 😂

Tom

No, no distillate shrines yet. I’m betting, and I would love to be wrong = that distillate syringes look too needle-ey or druggy for the Cdn government. ‘What about the kids who will inject it?’ I can imagine opponents claiming. No shatter, hash, etc. Again, yet.

Where I am it was the opposite; until recently you could a wide variety of high potency concentrates but no flowers. Glad things worked out they did here considering this is a state where any spec of cencentrete is treated like coke/heroin and an automatic felony from what I know.

So jealous of you guys and your weed stores... I just learned of a couple in DC, though. I could've sworn that rec weed establishments were still illegal in the district, but I know of two and have plans to fix my wax shortage some time this week.
In other news, I've been stressed the fuck out this holiday season. 12-14 hour shifts of nonstop manual labor, on top of any side jobs I manage to worm myself into.

Picked up 40mg of Xanax tonight, just to help me through the last of peak season.Popped half a bar, smoked a perfectly hand-rolled cone, and now I'm high as fuck over here wanting to share with y'all one of my favorite feel-good smoking albums. Get high and enjoy, fellas, it's a classic.

Screwed up goes so well with the early morning wake and bakes, man, that was a nice post to come across right this second. qIf you fuck with Screw, then you probably already know about this dude but you should check out Z-Ro. Puttin' out music since the mid 90's and came up with the whole set of Texas rappers that fuckin' worshipped DJ Screw.

I've had this shit stuck in my head for a couple days now:

Annnnnnnnd I'm done postin' music guys, sorry for fuckin' with the weed talk y'all had goin' before I jumped in the shit.

Got the shit smacked outta me for playing this too loud when I was a kid. Thought Lemmy was a god. Still do.

For shits n giggles, this is a relaxing Lsd inspired song. It always worked better than a benzodiazipine to kill a bad trip.

Thanks for all you music fans posting this stuff. It wasn't around when I was a kid, though I have heard of Chance the rapper, Kotton mouth Kings and Lil Peep (first I heard about him was a drug OD 😟). We're all supposed to pick a few songs to play on a spotify list on xMas eve. They are not going to be expecting my picks this year 😀 Thanks! More of this kind any time.

Last year I picked 'Thick as a Brick' (didn't get to hear it all)

Tom

Merry Christmas.

And a free rant 😠

Tried my first legal cartridge (distillate) and it was absolute garbage, crap, horrible shite. It tasted of nothing else other than industrial chemicals. Harsh - about equivalent to the taste you'd get of you kept refilling the same cartridge over and over. Almost like a burnt coil. This was a raw distillate cart, with no added terpenes (which I've had before from the black market) other than the original terpenes recombined.

I thought about giving it to one of my weed smoking relatives tonight, but it really is shit and this would be an insult