• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social CD social V the future is here

Does anyone have a preference for a streaming music service?

I’ve used Spotify Premium for a year or so and then switched to Apple Music which I currently use. yesterday I subscribed to Deezer Premium (free month).

All 3 services allow downloading for offline listening. Spotify and Apple music have 320 kbps maximum nitrate (that I’m aware of. Deezer allows up to 320 kbps and FLAC bitrates. Deezer has a multi band equalizer that works over Bluetooth or a direct cable connection to a speaker. All services play nice with Amazon Alexa/multi room audio.

Spotify $9.99/month, Deezer $11.99/month (Canadian prices).

I gave my sister a 1 yr Spotify account for. Xmas but I’m currently trying to decide between Apple Music and Deezer

Anyone have preferences for a streaming music service/

Thx

Tom

It's mainly Spotify playlists for me. There's not much new music that I'm interested in hearing immediately, and Spotify has a huge catalogue of fairly recent-old stuff that I can make day-long playlists out of.

Occasionally-- like, really rarely-- will I use Pandora to try and stumble onto something new.

Never heard of Deezer, and for some strange reason I stay away from Apple Music like the plague.... which is really weird, because all my computer-related things are made by Apple.

I hadn’t heard of Deezer until last December? It’s based in France.

I had over 1000 playlists on Spotify (maybe I still do, dunno).

Apple Music because it works well with iPads/Pods/Phones/etc. But I never liked the sound quality even at 320 kbps. And, believe it or not it’smissing *one* freaking song that I like (Free Fall by the Hawklords) b/c of region restrictions. Same thing with Pandora.

I got 16 days unail my Apple Music renews; 1 month of free Deezer. Better speakers have been ordered, which is why FLAC interests me.

Sadly, I’ve never been able to try Pandora - kinda feels like Canada is a 3rd world country.

Trying to get everything work together (wifi, Bluetooth, direct connections, separate network bandwidth) is work. I changed my wifi network to Make_America_Great_Again. That was a fucking mistake; had to reset everything in my house (light bulbs, doorbell, router, computers, devices). I’m stuck With MAGA until I move next year.

Tom
(Deezer is playing Red Hot Chili Peppers, dunno why - guess I ‘liked’ something related)

All 3 services allow downloading for offline listening. Spotify and Apple music have 320 kbps maximum nitrate (that I’m aware of.

:eek: does the bacon know?!

IME FLAC is only really worth it when it's at 24-bit and you have a 24-bit DAC to play it on. A lot of sources offering FLAC just standardize around CD quality 16-bit. At 16-bit it's pretty much just like you're getting WAV but with smaller file sizes so not really that much different from 320kbps mp3 in terms of distinguishable quality.

Anyway, if it were up to me I would still pick Deezer, mostly just because I like their free API and also because I just don't like the Spotify app

thujone - I’ve got ungood eyesight and autocorrect is shit. Nope, no nitrates. I understand what you’re saying and it makes sense. I’ve got speakers that should be here on Monday and I can try an Apple/Deezer comparison side by side with audio cable as test #1 and side by side with Bluetooth as test #2.

Deezer is 16-Bit/44.1 kHz FLAC.

Tom

Yeah, that's cool, give it a test run and see what you like. I usually download the 16-bit FLAC myself, I'm just saying that at CD quality I don't notice a meaningful difference between 16-bit FLAC, WAV and 320kbps mp3 except for the amount of drive space needed.

If i want high quality sound i buy the albums i want on bandcamp

Yes, Bandcamp is pretty cool. It’s turned me on to Electric Moon and Kadavar. I also found a lot of The Bevis Frond (think Jimi Hendrix if he’d never died).

Tom

I'm going to open a box I've been holding onto for a couple years. It's my third and most likely last yocan pen. All models I purchased were the no-longer-produced smaller batteries and thus the reason I've gone through three now in about 6 or 7 years. My first one was light blue. Second one is rainbow and this last one is shown below.

I'm trying to hold out until tomorrow but I'll prolly open it tonight. Early 710 celebration.

LSHmCFL.jpg

Nice i want to get a yocan evolve plus but they don't sell them here in my country and idk about importation laws around certain vapes.

See, we think a little bit alike with this because I had that same thought.. but I'm also sittin' on a shitload of reggie that I mix and use as a filler. Most of the time I don't even roll up, though, seems like a waste of tree when I consider how high my little vape gets me with such a smaller amount. I would use the CBD bud but I really think I'm just going to throw it out before it turns into a mold-fest... honestly, just thinking about that bag is making me a little angry, lol.

Still, though, it's nice to take a scenic walk and hit a joint or two. It's a great way to unwind when I'm all stressed out. I'm just too stingy with my weed, man-- if there's a way I can get high with less, I'm goin' for it 9 times out of 10.

I'd be fuckin' with dabs still if the prices hadn't become outrageous out here. That's what happens when a CO connect dries up, I guess. :cry:
Hey I know you from grasscity you asked if you could hot knife roaches when you was low xD it's me hazamrd--tufdude at least I think its you "Please help need to make 5 roaches last me over 2 weeks because I got sold grass as weed with my last $100" something like that that wasn't the title but it was the thread basically remember me Jibult?

I'm going to open a box I've been holding onto for a couple years. It's my third and most likely last yocan pen. All models I purchased were the no-longer-produced smaller batteries and thus the reason I've gone through three now in about 6 or 7 years. My first one was light blue. Second one is rainbow and this last one is shown below.

I'm trying to hold out until tomorrow but I'll prolly open it tonight. Early 710 celebration.

LSHmCFL.jpg
Is that legal high?? Sulvia??

Hey I know you from grasscity you asked if you could hot knife roaches when you was low xD it's me hazamrd--tufdude at least I think its you "Please help need to make 5 roaches last me over 2 weeks because I got sold grass as weed with my last $100" something like that that wasn't the title but it was the thread basically remember me Jibult?

I think you've mistaken me for someone else. I don't think I've ever had a Grasscity account, but if I did it was prior to 2006 and I would've been under something like BATM or KVNG.

Nice shitpost, though. You should've brought up the time I made a thread about spearmint and catnip about a decade ago, that one would've really reminded me of how much of an idiot I am.

Fucking cannabis is the best medience on the planet when you have a stomach flu.

i use to treat common colds with edibles aswell.

It's mainly Spotify playlists for me. There's not much new music that I'm interested in hearing immediately, and Spotify has a huge catalogue of fairly recent-old stuff that I can make day-long playlists out of.

Occasionally-- like, really rarely-- will I use Pandora to try and stumble onto something new.

Never heard of Deezer, and for some strange reason I stay away from Apple Music like the plague.... which is really weird, because all my computer-related things are made by Apple.

My speakers (JBL) came on Monday, no firmware updates, so they were easy to setup. I found that I can upload MP3’s to my Deezer account, make playlists and add an image for the playlist (just like Apple Music or Spotify). I’ve got another 10 days of Apple Music so I’m gonna download my playlists and see if I can transfer them over. I tried jumping on Pandora, but....regional restrictions and apparently Canada is in the boondocks.

Tom

Man.... I'm on vacation as of 6:25pm today, and I just realized I don't have any chips/junk food in the house. :oops:

Time for a Dorito run, boys. Anybody on PS4 tonight? I'm sure I'm gonna smoke this joint and play some kind of game when I get back.... probably GTA but I've been eyeballin' Horizon Zero Dawn, even though it's kind of old. I keep seeing little details about it mentioned online and it sounds interesting as fuck.

Gonna try some CBG flowers soon.

I'm happy I'm finally gonna get to try some inexpensively.