• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

CBD Megathread

And took seventy mg on a speed xomedown and it sorted me out psychonaut has a page about cbd its definitely psychoactive

I dabbed a couple drips of cbd sandwiched in between a bud I got about ten hits and was stoned outtt

In my experience CBD doesn't work as well of things like z-drugs or benzos. Don't expect to be knocked out eaisly if you're an insomniac. I sympathize with you because I've tried everything and haven't really found anything that works for long term use. With CBD products I've found the smoking a pre-roll or vaping oil to be way more effective than eating gummy bears or using the oil orally. CBD seems to work better when combined with other things. I found that 500mg of Phenibut 3 hours before bed with half of a CBD joint right before bed to do the trick. But you can't use them daily because they will stop being effective and the phenibut will cause withdrawal symptoms if you use it more than twice a week.

CBD is psychoactive but tolerance is a problem. Even if you've never used CBD before if you've taken other sleeping medications in the past you'll find yourself having trouble with CBD for this purpose. CBD works great for things like pain but not so well for insomnia. Since there is such a stigma with prescribing real sedatives now (barbiturates and benzos) you're just going to have to tough it out or seek out sleeping medications via other means. The goal should be not having to use them daily and restricting use to at most 3 nights a week.

If you're going to stick with CBD try upping the dose until you find the one that works for you. For me this was 3x times the dose listed on the packages I was using if I was using CBD orally. This is too expensive to maintain for me personally. For other people (like my Grandmother) a similar dose would have them passed out for 12+ hours. CBD seems to work better for people that don't have a history of sedative drug use and don't have chronic insomnia.

Yeah, nothing really works, including Ambien or benzos. And right now it’s just raging. Bleh.

Yeah I understand benzos don't work for me in standard doses. I have to take 5mg of Xanax and even then I'm likely to just black out and eat everything in the house. Z-drugs do something similar but will have me walking about and driving so I don't take them anymore. I've shifted to a 24-36 hours waking-12 hour sleeping cycle. Even then it's hard to maintain it because it means half the time I'll be awake at night and sleeping in the middle of the day. Don't really have an answer for you. If I ever find something that works I'll scream about it from the roof tops.

Absolutely nothing works better for a good night's sleep than a spliff afaic. Other substances may be better at knocking you out, but the quality of sleep elicited by good old cannabis is unsurpassed.

Drifting off in a reverie of cannabis intoxication is one of life's greatest pleasures...

I'll occasionally take a quarter gram of CBD isolate when I'm looking for a sleep aid and the only side effect I'll get is that I'll feel it for up to 24 hours, which is typically longer than I want to be resting.

Lately I have been noticing some better effects from CBD. Alone it does nothing. But when I mix some high CBD stuff with some high THC I sleep much better.

Too early to say if placebo. The problem with CBD is you really have no idea on the %. So I just take massive doses of gummies and will mix up flower, or smoke some CBD flower (like 2g) if mixing with concentrates. A small amount for sure does nothing.

Lately I have been noticing some better effects from CBD. Alone it does nothing. But when I mix some high CBD stuff with some high THC I sleep much better.

Too early to say if placebo. The problem with CBD is you really have no idea on the %. So I just take massive doses of gummies and will mix up flower, or smoke some CBD flower (like 2g) if mixing with concentrates. A small amount for sure does nothing.

For insomnia, indica it's much better always was. But if you wanna stick to CBD, learn to dose. So at this point I think your dose is what? 500/1,000?

The CBD gummies are like 25mg or so they say. Just eat the whole package. I actually seen ones at the gas station that claim to be 50mg, but who knows.

The buds you don't know. Like 20% CBD they claim.

Generally waste of money as could not afford $35 in CBD daily. Does seem to help though when I do, do it.

Last edited:
CBDA is noticeably a lot stronger than CBD but it's not as stable or affordable as CBD. CBD isolate is surprisingly easy and inexpensive to get a hold of so I generally go with that.

So there is a lot of just plain bad information out there about CBD. A lot of it probably put out there by people who invested their life savings, or took millions from investors and are struggling to just pay their bills let alone turn a profit in an oversaturated market.

That aside, based only on what I have seen in actual studies, effective doses of pure CBD start at 5mg/kg of body weight. So quite a large dose and not really economically practical for most, but if I remember correctly this study was for treating seizures. As far as it's ability to treat anxiety and insomnia- I'm pretty sure it's yet to be proven and it wasn't long ago that the FDA cracked down on CBD companies making any sort of health claim without having the proper evidence.

One thing that was interesting was that the efficacy of CBD was found to be something like 7x stronger with low dose of THC administered at the same time.

Maybe have a look here:

So there is a lot of just plain bad information out there about CBD. A lot of it probably put out there by people who invested their life savings, or took millions from investors and are struggling to just pay their bills let alone turn a profit in an oversaturated market.

That aside, based only on what I have seen in actual studies, effective doses of pure CBD start at 5mg/kg of body weight. So quite a large dose and not really economically practical for most, but if I remember correctly this study was for treating seizures. As far as it's ability to treat anxiety and insomnia- I'm pretty sure it's yet to be proven and it wasn't long ago that the FDA cracked down on CBD companies making any sort of health claim without having the proper evidence.

One thing that was interesting was that the efficacy of CBD was found to be something like 7x stronger with low dose of THC administered at the same time.

Is it for sleep or pain that the efficacy was 7X better?

Is it for sleep or pain that the efficacy was 7X better?
The only studies that I've seen is for seizures, but I haven't looked into it recently so there could be a lot more information out there now

Hometown Hero has many CBD products that are smokable flower creations. All of our flower products are top quality and provide expert analysis, indicated by the QR code on the container. Use our Comet or Moon Rocks with your favorite CBD blend for a higher concentrated CBD experience.

Yea this was in a state with recreational cannabis. I tried to remember the name but can’t at the moment, I’ll see it tomorrow if you want me to get the name again.

I just used CBD tincture from a legal state today. It felt like CBD I’ve tried before, just that very subtle anxiety killing effect. I much prefer the live resin CBD for obvious reasons haha.

I’m actually curious about CBD high strains myself. Talking with a dude in the shop the other day and he tried one of the more top shelf CBD strains they have in stock. He was telling me the high was very unique but couldn’t explain it much beyond that, the buds looked and smelled gorgeous so I’m sure there’s good terpene profile effecting the overall experience.

-GC

In my experience, the effects of CBD oils are differents than the effects of smoked high-cbd cannabis. Various strains of cannabis with similar CBD and THC percentages will also have different effects. I'm suspecting the terpenes too.

I get a high off it the entourage effect and I know thca will be in but not thc but won't smoking it turn the thca into thc. And it really realxe me and doesn't make me feel paranoid I even had people pay me for it as they need a smoke and the buds look amazing. I smoke it in pipe to get most out of it.
Also getting a load of thc and cbd oil mixed about hundred ml of it and it is very strong a ten ml syringe can last me a week.