Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Byron Bay - Splendour In the Grass 2005 - REVIEWS - Belongil Fields

Status
Not open for further replies.
0ff1cer_ch0ps said:
best way to meet a bluelighter EVER !!!

just walk up to them in a drink queue and say

"Hello (insert realname)" then tell em about 2 mins later who you are and why you know there name!!!

MUHAHHAHAHAH

and i will NEVER forgive you for that!! ;)

the camping tickets are $45each...thats what they were last yr...originally...but i got mine off ebay...i assume they go on sale same time as festival tickets??

Hey, I can't imagine too many people here are into Ben Folds, but you never know... reckon there's any chance he'll be announced? I know he's not a typical festival type act, he's a bit of a muso's muso and he puts on a wicked live act.

Anyway he ends his world tour a month before Splendour, so he'll be back home in Adelaide... plus he's just put out a new record, so its possible...

Ben Folds! You'd like him if you saw him, especially if you really appreciate top shelp musicianship. Am I the only one who thinks he might be announced maybe?

the good way to judge bands for SITG.. is by the Mt Fuji festival.. thats how i worked out QOTSA would be there... didnt know anything about Interpol though, i also send Moby would be a good chance *ask startfalls69*...

So yeah, never know...

Wouldnt mind seeing Ben Folds

Yup ive been to em all and would have to say it gets better every year!!

Got a cabin just across the road this year. reason being the toilets n showers are filthy. must be gettin prissy in me old age! Now the local bikies hold a party after it that goes til 10 am for those who dont like to sleep! the whole thing just rocks=D

I'd say Ben Folds won't be at Fuji Rock (although he's pretty big in Japan from what I understand). He's sort of technically an Australian artist I guess so its even harder to pick for Splendour.

woooo more acts:

Mercury Rev
Ryan Adams
Living End
Scribe
Decoder Ring
Atlantic
Finn Brothers
After the Fall
Beautiful Girls
Willy Mason
Butterfingers

+ there were some others, but they were announced on Triple J and I couldn't write fast enough, so yeah, I missed some...

but woooo splendour!

i cant find any information on any of this, but that looks pretty cool, i really like scribe, and i have seen him at homebake and big day out, both times it was heaps packed and a great act :D

I havent seen after the fall for about 2 years, i think i saw them support 28 days at a gig, and have been meaning to catch a show but never have... and well... butterfingers, always wanted to see, never have... but i will now...

Hopefully the official website will come up with this information and it will be all confirmed.

The act I didn't write down was the Greats, who are also playing. This was all announced on Triple J about an hour ago and again about 10mins ago, so I doubt it will be up on the splendour website til later this afternoon/tonight. If you want to hear it for yourself, they'll probably be saying it all day on Triple J.

im trying to get my mates to come but i dont know if they have the funds, i could def go but i only wanna go if they do, if we do go i wanna meet up with some of you bluelighters and of couse definitely acid, more acid, a lot more acid, pills and more green than ive smoked in the last month, on the otherhand fuck my mates , they cant come? ill have too much fun in my own world up there, hmm i wonder if i can score some salvia or mushie if i go to nimbin too?

I'll be there again.... It'll be my 4th Year, its a hell of a drive from melbourne.. but well worth it ... I'm using it as my good bye party and heading overseas about a week after it ( flying out of brisse ) so yeah bring it on...

lots of fun, and heaps of games... It would be nice if a few more bands/djs that i was interested in were playing, but that would jsut distract me from having a splendid weekend.. for me, its not a bout the music..... I'm living with a chick who i met at splendour 4 years ago... and we have been to every splendour since... when a festival has that sort of history.. its not about the music any more

As mentioned above, more acts annouced... plus... Some ticket INFO

Saturday 23rd July
QOTSA
Ryan Adams
The Living End
Scribe
Mercury Rev
Shihad
Sarah Blasko
Decoder Ring
Atlantic

Sunday 24th July
Moby
Finn Brothers
Interpol
The Beatutiful Girls
Bloc Party
After the Fall
Willy Mason
Butterfingers
The Grates

Ticket Info:
www.splendourinthegrass.com and www.ticketek.com.au for on-line sales or:
Ticketek (Ph 132 849) around the country plus - BRISBANE/QLD: Rockinghorse, Skinnys, Butterbeats (Valley), Woody's Music (Woodridge), Sunflower Pacific Fair (Broadbeach), Atlantis Music (Southport), Pines Music Station (Elanora), Moshpit (Maroochydore). LOCAL/REGIONAL NSW: Soundwaves (Byron Bay), Ballina ABC Centre, Books Plus (Lismore), Park Beach Music (Coffs Harbour), Soundworld (Newcastle). SYDNEY: Red Eye Records, Fish Records. MELBOURNE: Gaslight Music

Good to see your still around grunef... hopefully we can catch up again for some good time and tunes...

So yeah, there is some more information...

^^ come play with me at splendour breaka :) :)

So, whois up for some dancing when QOTSA come on?? I'm also up for hard moshing. Meet me at the back of the tent if you're ever curious as to how one dances to QOTSA

I have a funny feeling I am going to this, I think a mate is buying me a ticket for my birthday.

I'm so excited. I have a farmhouse to myself [+ my bf] for a week... I'm going to ruin my brain and enjoy myself/ =D

BREAKa if you're there, give me a call. I've been lazy but I still want to have coffee! <3

I'm pewing I missed Squarepusher play at SITG a few years back :|

Status
Not open for further replies.