• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

BL Domestic Goddess & Amoeba Thread

I thought GBL was for de-bonding glue and cleaning wheels, etc? You sounds like you're trying to get high on it. ;)

Cleaned the kitchen and hoovered my room earlier, big up, I didn't wear a flowery apron though, sadly, not was I fucked on stimulants. Kinda the opposite, bit drained from them heh...

Feels good doing it, but no point expecting anyone to notice... selfless task innit, kitchen cleaning! Didn't quite have the enthusiasm to tackle the dubious stains on the kitchen floor though haha :D

Last day of my holiday and I have to attack 2 weeks of hedonism with a vacuum and detergent.

Kitchen cleaned and dish washer running with last load, washing hung on the outside line despite the threat of rain. Now all I have to do is clean the 2 kids rooms. Is it a sign of poor parenting if I just kick everything under their beds?

Who has wooden floors, old stained ones and how do you clean them?

I've not lived with them before. They look beautiful but today (day 3 :|) there was lots of dust bunnies hanging about and I started to brush them, gave up and then hoovered them before mopping them. This took fucking ages and was back breaking :!

How do you clean and care for wood floors and make it easy?

Some sort of duster mop is the easiest way to lift dusty crap off the floors. They work better on the fine film that collects on floors than a vacuum for some reason.
Duster-mop-1.jpg

You can also then mop it with a floor cleaner specific for timber floors, particularly if it doesn't have a thick varnish type coating on them. Otherwise a normal floor cleaner is fine. Just be sure not to soak the timber too much or it can warp and swell. Just squeeze the mop enough to make it slightly damp.

We have just started to employ a cleaner once a fortnight. Best $50 spent ever! Floors vacuum and mopped, bathroom and toilet cleaned and what ever else he can accomplish in his 2 hours.

^
Cheers Busty :) I'll look out for a floor duster like that. Pretty gutted that wooden floors mean twice as much work as carpets :(

Yeh, a cleaner needs to be budgeted for I reckon, especially when I'm return to work %) great idea! <3

Just thought - the title is sexist. What about domestic gods or aren't men allowed to excel at such things (yes I know it would be rare, but there'd still be cases!)

Well Child of the Beat doesn't iron or vacuum, hates doing the dishes and has a habit of burning corn flakes. I'm happy with the title of Martyr. :(

Just thought - the title is sexist. What about domestic gods or aren't men allowed to excel at such things (yes I know it would be rare, but there'd still be cases!)

If you can't comment on how I'm to keep my wooden floors clean easily (stimulant free) I'm not changing the thread title for ya :p Blame Nigella eh 8)

More importantly have you tidied that kitchen up yet? ;)

Busty I think you make a very good martyr!

^ My home up north has original wood flooing, they are varnished so a bit easier for cleaning.

I/my sister used to get down on our hands and knees (Oh poor us ;) ) and scrub them once every few months.

Then the hoovering was done twice a week, and occasionally those dust mops that you stick things on to attract dust (I've forgotten the name and my brain has gone on strike after work) came in handy.

It did the trick.

Real christmas trees cause a problem, the needles get everywhere, stuck down in between the cracks in the floorboards.

I'd get a cleaner, but the unit is so small it would just be silly.

When I move I'm definitely hiring someone to pack my boxes and move my stuff, and they can clean it then.

It's a myth. :(.

I'm the cook, cleaner, shopper, washer, washer-upper, child carer, head gardener etc in my house.

Wife works full time, and does the ironing, because it's something I'm idealogically opposed to doing.

stains on countertops in the kitchen

the fuckos that lived here before us must have left coffee mugs or something on the white (i think laminate plastic) surfaces and there are a couple of ring marks and stains. I want to avoid buying new tops because i'm tight as a ducks arse and i don't reckon we need them but i'm on the receiving end of a nagging that seems to be building up tempo :X

Domestic goddesses/amoebas of EADD, do you know any chemicals/supermarket cleaning thingys/ or random solutions to remedy my stain problem so i can save my money for better things like CRACK or computer games.

TA!

^
Try pouring a puddle of neat bleach on them and leaving it for a day - then get a sponge scourer and sprinkle the bleach with biological washing powder and scrub. Repeat process if necessary. It may leave scratches if it's a matt worktop, if it's shiny it may not work and your fucked. Then I'd recommend going for the whole look and adding more stains ;)

cheers kate :D

i had a go before with bleach but i only left it on for about 10 seconds. probably defiantly not long enough. I'll give your advise a try tonight and yeah... they are shiny :|

if it fails, then tomorrow night i'm just going to artisticly place a load of dirty coffee mugs on the work tops to create pretty patterns :)