• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Bible verse of the day!! Get your daily study on.

Matthew 16, 13-20
"13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?”

14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood, but by my Father in heaven. 18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[b] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[c] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[d] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[e] loosed in heaven"

The Word became a human being and lived with us, and we saw his Sh’khinah, the Sh’khinah of the Father’s only Son, full of grace and truth.
Yochanan (Jhn) 1:14 CJB

John 8, 3-11
3 The scribes and the Pharisees brought in a woman who had been caught in adultery. Forcing her to stand in their midst, 4 they said to him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act of adultery.[b] 5 Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women.[c] What do you have to say?”

6 They asked him this question as a test so that they could bring a charge against him. Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. 7 When they continued to persist in their question, he straightened up and said to them, “Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her.”[d] 8 Then he again bent down and wrote on the ground.

9 When they heard his response, they went away one by one, beginning with the elders, until Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. 10 Then Jesus straightened up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” 11 She replied, “No one, sir.” “Neither do I condemn you,” Jesus said. “Go on your way, and sin no more.”"

Btw what do u guys think He was writing on the Sand anyway ? The sins of each member of this lynch mob ?

Qohelet 1, 13- 18
'I applied the wisdom I possessed to study and explore everything that is done under the sun, a thankless task that God has given to men to keep us occupied. 14 I have seen everything that has been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and a chase after the wind.[h]

15 What is crooked cannot be made straight,
and what is lacking cannot be counted.
16 I thought to myself, “I have acquired great wisdom, far surpassing all those who preceded me in Jerusalem. My mind has mastered every facet of wisdom and knowledge.” 17 However, as I applied my mind to gain a complete understanding of wisdom and knowledge, madness and folly, I came to realize that this too is a chase after the wind.

18 For much wisdom can result in much sorrow,
and those who increase their knowledge also increase their grief'

I don't really understand what's going on with the idea of Catholics worship Mary, I mean, my family is catholic and they worship God, only God (the Trinity, which is God). I think in some protestant countries some people have and exaggerated idea of how catholics "worship" Mary, perhaps because of the Rosary? not sure, perhaps it's because catholics in protestant countries are that way and give too much importance to Mary??

in anycase I'm a Christian but I don't usually go to Church and my praying it's personal, most times not through "formal" prayers. I just read the Bible and tend to feel close to God considering his words and my intuition. I know it's very far from perfect but my way has led me to that at the moment. I very recently became aware and expressly Christian, this has been a decision since I brokethrough on DMT and experimented what I consider to be "forbidden territories".

We venerate her, seeing as she is the mother of Christ. We ONLY worship God.

I should've posted the awhile chapter sip that there is context for the verse of the day.

Mattityahu (Mat) 7​

1“Don’t judge, so that you won’t be judged. 2For the way you judge others is how you will be judged — the measure with which you measure out will be used to measure to you. 3Why do you see the splinter in your brother’s eye but not notice the log in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the splinter out of your eye,’ when you have the log in your own eye? 5You hypocrite! First, take the log out of your own eye; then you will see clearly, so that you can remove the splinter from your brother’s eye!
6“Don’t give to dogs what is holy, and don’t throw your pearls to the pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, then turn and attack you.
7“Keep asking, and it will be given to you; keep seeking, and you will find; keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who keeps asking receives; he who keeps seeking finds; and to him who keeps knocking, the door will be opened. 9Is there anyone here who, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will give him a stone? 10or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11So if you, even though you are bad, know how to give your children gifts that are good, how much more will your Father in heaven keep giving good things to those who keep asking him!
12“Always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that sums up the teaching of the Torah and the Prophets.
13“Go in through the narrow gate; for the gate that leads to destruction is wide and the road broad, and many travel it; 14but it is a narrow gate and a hard road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
15“Beware of the false prophets! They come to you wearing sheep’s clothing, but underneath they are hungry wolves! 16You will recognize them by their fruit. Can people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? 17Likewise, every healthy tree produces good fruit, but a poor tree produces bad fruit. 18A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, or a poor tree good fruit. 19Any tree that does not produce good fruit is cut down and thrown in the fire! 20So you will recognize them by their fruit.
21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord!’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, only those who do what my Father in heaven wants. 22On that Day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord! Didn’t we prophesy in your name? Didn’t we expel demons in your name? Didn’t we perform many miracles in your name?’ 23Then I will tell them to their faces, ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’
24“So, everyone who hears these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on bedrock. 25The rain fell, the rivers flooded, the winds blew and beat against that house, but it didn’t collapse, because its foundation was on rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not act on them will be like a stupid man who built his house on sand. 27The rain fell, the rivers flooded, the wind blew and beat against that house, and it collapsed — and its collapse was horrendous!”
28When Yeshua had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at the way he taught, 29for he was not instructing them like their Torah-teachers but as one who had authority himself.

CJB

Therefore, humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, so that at the right time he may lift you up. Throw all your anxieties upon him, because he cares about you. Stay sober, stay alert! Your enemy, the Adversary, stalks about like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Stand against him, firm in your trust, knowing that your brothers throughout the world are going through the same kinds of suffering. You will have to suffer only a little while; after that, God, who is full of grace, the one who called you to his eternal glory in union with the Messiah, will himself restore, establish and strengthen you and make you firm. To him be the power forever and ever. Amen. Greet each other with a kiss of love. “Shalom aleikhem!” to all who belong to the Messiah.
1 Kefa (1 Pe) 5:6‭-‬11‭, ‬14 CJB

as we were discussing the sex scandal on another thread this is quite fitting

matthew 18, 6-7
" but he that shall scandalize one of these little ones that believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone should be hanged about his neck, and that he should be drowned in the depth of the sea.
7 Woe to the world because of scandals. For it must needs be that scandals come: but nevertheless woe to that man by whom the scandal cometh."

Deuteronomy 23:1

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

If two men, a man and his countryman, are struggling together, and the wife of one comes near to deliver her husband from the hand of the one who is striking him, and puts out her hand and seizes his genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; you shall not show pity.

Ezekiel 23:19-20

Yet she increased her prostitution, remembering the days of her youth when she engaged in prostitution in the land of Egypt. She lusted after their genitals as large as those of donkeys, and their seminal emission was as strong as that of stallions.

Samuel 18:25-27

Then Saul said, “Thus shall you say to David, ‘The king desires no bride-price except a hundred foreskins of the Philistines, that he may be avenged of the king’s enemies.’” Now Saul thought to make David fall by the hand of the Philistines. And when his servants told David these words, it pleased David well to be the king’s son-in-law. Before the time had expired, David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines. And David brought their foreskins, which were given in full number to the king, that he might become the king’s son-in-law. And Saul gave him his daughter Michal for a wife.

Leviticus 24:16

Whoever utters the name of the Lord must be put to death. The whole community must stone him whether alien or native. If he utters the name, he must be put to death.

Kings 2:23

Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!” So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.

Deuteronomy 28:27

May the Lord strike you with Egyptian boils and with tumours, scabs and itch for which you will find no cure.