• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australias best "dance" club?

3D, phd, bubble, bass -->> all the same IMHO

A lot of my mates still go to bass when they have big bass on, id admit its probably the better out of all of them but i still wouldn't say its anything to rave about. haha rave about :p im an idiott

point is if you like somewhere, go there :) if you don't, then don't go..... Other peoples opinions don't really matter because obviously different people will like different things for different reasons.

If you like bubble downunder cos you go there everyweekend then go nuts

Metros - Perth

Biggest club in the southern hemisphere if im not mistaken. Huge multi-level club. Great atmosphere for most of the eletronic events. Also good for hip hop acts and bands. Sound is always good.

room_portrait01.jpg

room_top01.jpg

DSC_9528.jpg

Having been to a few clubs in each state i dont really see anything that compares to Metros - Perth apart from the Metro in Melb which is probably just as big...but alot older and dingier.

Dont really rate Home Nightclub. The sound has been crap everytime i've been there. For a club that has alot of $$$ behind them they sure dont know how to hire a proper sound engineer to tweek their system. Chinese Laundry is a bit small and gets too cramped when someone big is headlining. I actually think the Marquee (in sydney) is a decent venue for gigs although it doesn't get used much.

As for Melbourne i look forward to checking out all the little clubs that are in and around place. Heard many good stories about em

Last edited:
^ I agree about Home. They spent all this money on renovations and sound system a while back and didn't really improve the place. Now it's just DJ reverb when you hang out on the balcony level.

Space in Sydney is a pretty decent venue for events.

astro^boi said:
Metros - Perth

Biggest club in the southern hemisphere if im not mistaken. Huge multi-level club. Great atmosphere for most of the eletronic events. Also good for hip hop acts and bands. Sound is always good.

Wow.. fuck that place looks mad! Next time im in Perth im there!!!

GAS use to be great... then it got overrun with gangs.... then the front doors got shot out... then it closed down.. then Lex got sad.. then Lex cried... then Lex got over it...

Anything @ Home is crappola.. I hate that place. I saw Paul Van Dyk there last year. I left about 1 hour into his set. I was greatly dissapointed and I swore to myself they would never get my business there again.

Perth - for layout and setup it has to be Metro's Perth. Seeing Andy C there was an unforgettable experience. 2nd is Heat

Brisbane - Never went to the family, too many wankers/annoying bouncers. I liked the Moon Bar though, small venue but nice n dark inside.

Sydney - lol @ chinese laundry, that place is meant to be a shitbox, but i wont judge until i've been. Haven't been to home either.
I generally go to the Abercrombie or The Clare for my reggae/dub/drum n bass fixes. I like their ghetto/indie feel :)

Visited the Crombie last night actually...hehe u back in Syd yet??

I too miss my beloved Heat....2nd best club in Perth IMO... ;)

What about Famous in Melbourne. Never been but heard the place is massive. Used to be called QBH they have a lot of after parties for Summadayze etc in there. Have seen photos of the place on the old QBH website it looks amazing but could imagine the crowd would be barbie dolls and pretty boys.

^Spot on. Haven't been but I know people who do. I've heard the venue is nice but the tunes and people are shit. Crappy new-wave electro/house and glamour gals and guys respectively. Eww.

As far as venues go Home in Sydney is hard to top but in recent times the promotion/booking for it has been poor. In that sense Chinese Laundry has streamed far far ahead. Location not quite as good, but still a solid venue with a bit of music variety and by far the easiest crowd in the Sydney scene.

That said the Famous crew are said to be bringing some decent acts to Home in future months on Saturday night which sounds promising but my breath isn't held - Laundry are doing v well atm.

Kink is OK, gets a bit too much stick but the crowd really is annoying. Too many fluoro kids, but if you want electro-house you get a decent enough fix.

katmeow said:
^ I agree about Home. They spent all this money on renovations and sound system a while back and didn't really improve the place. Now it's just DJ reverb when you hang out on the balcony level.

Space in Sydney is a pretty decent venue for events.

It's decent when it's at half to three-quarters capacity. Any more and it gets hard to move and sucks. Too bad the only events there nowadays are lame AzN RnB parties.

arizona83 said:
What about Famous in Melbourne. Never been but heard the place is massive. Used to be called QBH they have a lot of after parties for Summadayze etc in there. Have seen photos of the place on the old QBH website it looks amazing but could imagine the crowd would be barbie dolls and pretty boys.

Man that is not a dance club!

gher said:
It's decent when it's at half to three-quarters capacity. Any more and it gets hard to move and sucks. Too bad the only events there nowadays are lame AzN RnB parties.

i will NOT let you talk smack on AzN RnB ^.^ KeKeKeKe ^.^ parties
watch yoself

..........i went to one in melbourne one, i'm scarred for life

Zerg rush?

Despite being Asian myself, I have an extremely bad feeling about those parties - partly due to the management at Space, partly due to the gangs that frequent(ed) Gas, Subbies and Daydreams and partly due to to extremely bad music.

What posessed you to go anyway?

it seems that no matter where i go in australia
my main friend base seemed to be predominantly asian

Although i never go anymore, its where i first started going out (underage lol) and i dunno, it will always have a place in my heart, call me bias.

3d. in melbourne. love it. (well not so much anymore, call me jaded :p ) but yeah, its fun, and the people are friendly as fuck.

downunder83 said:
Man that is not a dance club!

Depends on what your idea of dance is mate..... Not everybody pigion holes hard style as dance only.