Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australias best "dance" club?

downunder83

Ex-Bluelighter
I live in Melbourne so i guess i'm biased but i've been a few dance clubs in sydney but i'd have to say my favourite is BAss (station) and Bubble both of which are in Melbourne.

Bass has never been the same since it moved from it's very original location which is now 3d.

Have you checked out 3d? They have alright psy gigs there too if you want a bit of variety.

Well.... to be honest i have stopped going to rave cubs for a few years now so i really wouldn't know. My last experience at bass was pretty crap though. Seems these days guys will crack onto you even if they are pilling. And when i am pilling i don't really wanna be hit on.

I guess 3d is the same though.....

I think i like the psy night there thats about it.

Yeah i crack onto girls and they crack onto me when pilling in fact that i go nuts and yeah ...

I haven't been out in ages so thinks may have changed. But my favourite in Sydney was The Chinese Laundry or, failing that, Candy's Apartment (although apparently it has converted to more of a bar setup these days).

And as much as I don't like the place (well, most nights anyway) The Family is a pretty cool place if you are into that sort of thing. Pretentious, yes. But it is the one place that manages to get a decent international line up, for Brisbane anyway.

bah Bubble sucks. Went there once and if it wasn't for the copious amounts of pills I was being shouted and my friends' insistence I woulda been outta there quick smart.

The music was all BANG BANG BANG CRASH CRASH
kill me please.
Fuck I hate hardstyle.

EDIT:
The only club I liked is Room680. But once again, only good if you're so trashed you dont care about the fuckheads around you. Much better than Bubble still. At least people dont have shuffle-offs a-la Breakdance.
Dont go out much at all anymore. Never liked the weekly doof-doof scene. Much preferred events where there was a good DJ to look forward to. So in that category my favourite venue would be the Hi-Fi Bar and Ballroom. Kick ass soundsystem and great layout. Just the right size for an intimate, top notch techno gig. Yeh =D

Tilt every second (?) Friday night is pretty cool. Electro, goth, psy, metal, breaks, destruction!! The ppl there are rad, no posers just fun dudes from all music backgrounds.

Last time I was there I listened to electro metal downstairs and then danced like a spaz to psy, hardstyle and industrial breaks upstairs. Twas fun on the bun!

For music, im more of an "event" type person. I feel that the weekly nights around Melbourne lately are either hardstyle(which im not a fan of) or fucking cheesey electro/house which attract alot of metro-headband wearing-homo's.

For an actual venue, i think QBH is by far the best. The sound and lighting there is second to none.

Bubble owns anyone that hates it hates fun....
bubble every saturday night... francis street.... be there!

Bubbles pretty good. Im not right into the hardstyle either so I was glad when they opened the house room upstairs, can take a break when you need to. I used to go to Altitude a lot a couple of years back , was good for awhile , good place for couples or groups of friends to go , then a lot of dickheads started coming there.

The first time I went out with my g/f we went to sublime at home in sydney. It was pretty good. Bigger than anything in melb and plenty of rooms with different types of music to suit everyone. Music in the main room was a lot like Bubble but sounded a year or so behind.

Ive only been to Room680 when santransisco has been on. Wasnt bad either. Pretty intimate , laid back type of place.

I enjoy just going to events a bit now as dont have the time to go out everyweekend since becoming a dad and also start to notice Im not as young as I used to be(or the crowd isnt as old as me?)

Having said that Ive never been in the too cool in school clique so dont really give a fuck about crowds and can pretty much enjoy myself no matter what type of crowd is there.... I'll do my retarded shuffle at pubs playing chase the sun well into my 40's

^^^;) on second thoughts maybe not.... but having fun dancin around my lounge room to ferry corsten with my daughter in my arms.

Last edited:
MR Candyslut said:
I haven't been out in ages so thinks may have changed. But my favourite in Sydney was The Chinese Laundry or, failing that, Candy's Apartment (although apparently it has converted to more of a bar setup these days).

And as much as I don't like the place (well, most nights anyway) The Family is a pretty cool place if you are into that sort of thing. Pretentious, yes. But it is the one place that manages to get a decent international line up, for Brisbane anyway.

Me <3 Laundry :)

Candies has been kinda average when I've been. Crowd is a bit old for me though.

Syd

Indie Electro: Bandits (@Phoenix Bar), 77.

Electro/House/Tech: Laundry, Kink (@Arthouse).

Trance: Subbies (@Home).

I've only been in Melbourne since the end of feb but i'd have to say 3D for friendliness.. definately a place i can go to and feel safe/waffle to people etc..bit of varation between floors too.

Only been to Bubble once and wasn't all that impressed tbh, it could be really good but the they really need to work on the music.. too much hardstyle :p

...and venue, someone else mentioned, Hi-Fi Bar.. went to a d&b night there and had a wicked time =D

Home Nightclub**. Home Bar is downstairs from it.

I'd rather go Laundry or Kink.