• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aus social virtual suggestion box (bitch about Aus social here!!!!)

Mary Poppins said:
zephyr - i addressed this on like the last page or something.

go back and look before you just reapeat yourself ad nauseum please. :\

There is no need to be rude to me, I havent been rude to you.:\

Since you requested ad nauseum, sure, Ill repeat myself. I looked back for the 100th time through this thread, read through your posts and no, you have not answered the question.....the closest thing I could find were reasons for a few individual threads, not the general closing of threads that generate high traffic (ie high number of replies per block of time)

was this your answer?
actually zephyr, it's not really the case of a simple answer or even a simple question.

this thread is for exactly this purpose - to bring issues like that to our attention so that we can gauge the feeling of the forum, consider them and decide on courses of action appropriately.

none of the mod's (i think ) professes to be perfect, and we certainly aren't trying to run the forum in auschwitz mode - hence why i started this thread, so that we can get feedback on our decisions.

A couple of examples include Breakyaself's recent one, and a thread which I started a while back which discussed this issue at hand
here
(before you were made a mod). That thread got to 3 pages within a matter of hours yet got closed.
Heres another example: here

A couple of examples to a pretty general issue.

Its just an issue which has been brought to your attention. Is a thread that is generating a lot of responses and interest closed regardless of the amount of posts per hour closed anyway because it is "shit?"-

But joannie_mhm answered the question for me. But she doesnt close threads or run the forum, you guys do.

^i think it's because controversial threads here often seem to end up in fights and personal attacks, and though more discussion might be needed/wanted, people aren't able to keep their heads level, and they get closed.

i see this as a problem with both the posters and mods, posters need to learn to keep calm, but mods could also be giving a few more warnings, editing posts etc before closing the threads.

What is your opinion of her reply?

But anyway, Im not going to bother you anymore with this, Ive said my piece.

Last edited:
Sorry zephyr, i didn't mean to come off as that harsh :\

what i was referring to in my response is that i guess cause we look at each thread on an ad hoc basis - it's not like a specific rule applies, like joannie's right - that's definitely part of the reason the doctors/drugs thread got closed (the other being that people were just writing off-topic replies and the argument wasn't going anywhere) but i don't think there's any hard and fast rule because aus social content comes into that grey area between the lounge and the more specific forums.

:)

Hi. I lost my password and had to get a new name when bluelight went arse up last year. I never posted much in the first place but I've been here for over four years now and find bluelight is getting more and more boring with every visit.

Threads like this keep it sort of interesting, I like to see debate and people pissing themselves over minor things when it's not real life. And yes, I'd prefer it if mods wouldn't be so hasty to close threads when things begin to heat up, even if the topics are lame.

Aus social is one of several forums I regularly visit these days. In the past I liked Other Drugs until I stopped using Other Drugs. I also liked Life until it became Second Opinion, I still always check on that forum but it seems a lot lamer these days. Health was another forum I found interesting until it became strictly drug related, now it's full of people going "I got high am I going to die" or "I get headspins/my heart feels funny/my nose is bleeding waah" which bores me. I like to hear about weird diseases and symptoms, though the guy who shot up into his dick was kinda funny.

I still visit the Dark side but that's been pretty shitty since Suess left. I like to look in on F+T and music, T+A can sometimes be vaguely interesting and CE+P is good on occassion. SLR usually has something interesting to read. I don't visit other countries social rooms except sometimes I look in on the Euro room to see what's going on in their world. I look in on Aus Drug discussion. I hate the Lounge it's fucking boring, it's exponentially worse than Aus Social.

But I always click on Aus Social because this is where I live. I read what made you smile/frown/rant because I enjoy reading snippets of peoples lives and often times I can relate to what's going on. I like reading about what people are reading or the movies they've watched because chances are I've read it or seen it too, or I might like to. I like reading the Neighbours thread because I actually watch neighbours, although the discussion in it is generally pointless. Political and social discussion can also be interesting because I live here and can relate to it.

When aus-centric type threads are posted in CE+P they never generate more than one or 2 replies except for that cocksucker Banga or whatever his name is. God I hate him.

Anyway I don't see why a few americans are getting upset about this forum but I like the fact that they are. If they just posted normal shit like everyone else then nobody would even know they weren't from this country. Some americans have made serious threads asking for advice about what it's like here and I don't think they got hassled. I like reading stuff from other people's point of view, but I agree it's pathetic when it's just 'what do you think of randy caver or digital duality or some other fucking yank we couldn't give a shit about'. TIC. We can't give a shit about you when you act like tards.

And this is why I'm a lurker, I type shit and get ignored all the time. All the forums are cliquey in my opinion but who gives a fuck, it's just the internet.

Oh yeah, stop closing threads- just delete personal attacks if you must, but I'd prefer to see them.

Eh randycaver, was just using you and dd as a general example since you're both pretty well known on bluelight. Sorry if it bothered you.

Yeah that shit you linked to definitely comes up at least once a year. Personally I'd like it to be permanant. Squabbles amongst the ranks amuses me since my real life seems to go relatively smoothly. Stop closing fun threads mods, they'll die of their own accord.

First of all, OneTooManyMornings, that was by far and away the best and most constructive post in the entire thread. Much respect. I agree with everything you said, so there's not much left to say. Not gonna let that stop me though ;)

Obviously there's are some things that the lounge and aus social have in common. And yes, aus social definitely 'opens up' for you a lot more if you are part of a clique. I'm not saying you cant enjoy it without being part of the clique, you certainly can - I used to gain great amusement from muzby and pop popaviches posts long before i ever met them, and there's nothing stopping you from participating in discussion. What I am saying is you're right that aus social is cliquey. But that's one of the reasons why it is so over-moderated.

IT's weird cos it seems that the people here that have a problem are complaining about two things - cliqueyness and closing of threads. But plenty of threads have been closed in attempt to reduce cliqueyness. You cant have it both ways :p

DigitalDuality said:
The Lounge is boring??

DId you not see the newly posted video of the woman snorting cum?

That has been attached to an email and is being forwarded to people all over the country as I type this :D So I'm sure everyone will eventually see it

I would like to formally suggest a group nang in aussie social. This is a serious suggestion and should be acted on immediately. I shall think of you all as I bulberate.

My bulbarators currently at someone else's house :'(...

SCREW YOU POPAVICH!!! hehe :p

whippet = breed of dog

nang = fuck knows where the name came from but it's crap, i know

bulb = too floral/garlic-like

nitrous = too techy

as in the sad situation of the lack of a decent word for 'vagina', i present the nang crisis

aww! it is? how cute!! I guess nangs is acceptable then ;) orrr hippie crack! i also call it that. =D

ooh, 'hippy crack' i like!

i.. hang on..

moderator.. the lounge..
I SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING
TRYING TO TRICK ME INTO ENGAGING IN MINDLESS BANTER

WELL I'M NOT FALLING FOR YOUR LITTLE RUSE

oh fuck it

what's that about hippies?

i like chai

It is called "Astronaut Air " in the buisiness, as in " do you want to fly to the moon? Now hold still while we gas you".

And besides I thought Monza was the accepted term now that woolly bike rack has been black listed?

Like Raz mentioned... it all basically comes down to people who aren't from Australia having a whinge as to why they don't "get" Aus Social.

I don't smoke weed but you don't see me hassling people in Cannabis Discussion.

Shit. Better close that down. Those cliquey fuckers.

*yawn*

Shnouzerpuff said:
Like Raz mentioned... it all basically comes down to people who aren't from Australia having a whinge as to why they don't "get" Aus Social.

NEWS FLASH: I'm Australian!

Holy Shit!

Thanks for the update!!1

You tend to whinge about everything though... so what's new?

umm.. there's been 3 aussies that i can count who are not going along with status quo here, not just KB

Whoa whoa whoa! Slow down there egg-head!

"counting"?? WTF?! We're Australian!