• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Are there any dangers of plugging?

Plugging evangelism ftw, Matador =D

I've plugged too hot solutions before with minor discomfort but as there are so few pain-type nerve-endings down there (specifically internally - stretching the ol' bumhole too much (or scratching around the rim :!) can be a mite sore) it's a legitimate concern, in my opinion. I'd imagine any damage caused by a solution that's overheated would be hard to discern at the time unless it was actually hot enough to cause proper scalding/burns. Would be best to keep the solution in the region of body temperature as much as possible but a few degrees either side is unlikely to cause any serious harm, in my experience.

As to the effects of a hot/warm solution, I do find absorption seems to be increased with a higher temperature. How much of that is down to a genuine difference in effect and how much is simple placebo, I really don't know. In my uneducated mind it seems like it should be more effective but, as I said, I have no actual evidence beyond subjective experience for that.

As to the effects of a hot/warm solution, I do find absorption seems to be increased with a higher temperature. How much of that is down to a genuine difference in effect and how much is simple placebo, I really don't know. In my uneducated mind it seems like it should be more effective but, as I said, I have no actual evidence beyond subjective experience for that.

I'd imagine that this is the case due to the fact that most substances seem to more readily mix with warmer/hotter water than colder water. If its all nice and mixed in a concentrated shot then id think its a fair assumption to say that you'd absorb the drug more quickly.

^ I find it works better compared to a fully dissolved substance that's either been cold mixed if it's highly soluble drug or a warm solution left to cool with no precipitation too. The warmth itself seems to aid with absorption. Have never noticed much difference with different concentrations either but as we're talking about such tiny amounts of solution (10ml is the biggest load I've ever taken) and often very low doses (single digit mg in the case of some 2C-x) I would imagine there's not much of a difference to be noticed. Maybe more so with some of the opiates that require relatively large amounts in terms of mgs and solution. Just guesswork, opinion and gut :)D) instinct though.

What would be the point of using "too hot" water anyway? Kind of a silly thing to discuss when we all know that applying scalding water to any part of your body isn't a good idea.

Warm water is all it takes to dissolve crushed up pills. Case closed.

By the way, for the first time a few days ago I shoved an 8mg dilaudid up my starfish just to see if it would work. I pushed it up with a lubed finger as far as I could. It definitely worked, within a few minutes the warm and fuzzies kicked in.

But the liquid solution was still better.

The times I've used a too hot solution were down to impatience and not realising/checking how hot it was. I plug a lot of 2C-x drugs and some of them won't go into solution unless the water is hot and I just didn't let it cool enough. I know most of you guys are thinking plugging in terms of crushed pills but plugging is an excellent way of dosing other drugs too. I mostly plug RC psyches (and some stims) which come as pure powders/crystals - not many pills at all except MSContins when available.

I use it for a range of things and some involve a need for heat which means patience is required and also remembering to check how hot the solution is before using it so you don't get a nasty surprise. Wasn't saying it's something you'd want to do deliberately but patience isn't always my strongest suit. Seems to take a long time to cool once it's in the syringe.

PS: Forgotten from my list of plugged drugs - mephedrone and methylone both worked fine for me.

I agree, i find the absorbtion better in warm water. I've gotten myself in to such a habit with my ritual of plugging that, if the water isn't warm enough, I worry it won't work.

Does anyone else have a ritual of things they need to do before a session? I find you need to be relaxed (obviously, if you're going to be putting a syringe where the sun don't shine - unless you're at a nudist beach of course) and mood lighting and some music makes the whole experience that much better. Think about it as if you were getting ready for a little bedtime fun and you'll be in for an awesome ride.

I have used water that was too warm once, but I found out as I was inserting and had to abort that mission for a little while, waiting for the solution to cool down. I was a bit too eager I think!

Uhhh, that was weird, reading that post 'klismaphilia' popped into my head8)

Anyways, I just get the water warm, mix up my shot of oxymorphone and plug it as I watch TV and lay on my stomach for 5 minuets, no less no more, real simple
It is just another means of administration to me, no less no more

I think you don't have anything to worry about in regards to opiate pills- caustic substance such as dirty meth I would not plug- your rectum is stratified epithelial tissue- it can be damaged like any other stratified epithelial tissue ie your skin...caustic chemicals will burn and could ulcerate. Pill binders are inert so I cant see there being a problem.

I've been plugging since I was about 14, starting with morphine. I fell in love with that method, and I can say with some certainty that it's not dangerous.It is the ONLY way to use morphine other than IV , really. I don't think the inert binders really get absorbed, as after a few years of that practice, I noticed no ill effects, in comparison with IV'ing pills.

With IV pills, i'm pretty sure i've caused some sort of lung damage, or vision damage. Also , my neck seems to be tighter at times, or hurts more. Could be all in my head though. This is after banging about 500 mgs a day for about 3 or 4 months of those grey PF 100 morphine pills (the best morphine there is IMO, and i've tried LOTS) . Then I went on to banging concerta (extracted, mind you), adderall IR (and XR a few times, BAD) and recently, avinza. Like I said, I can tell it's not very good for me... So about 6 or 7 months of almost daily IV pill use.

IMO , booty bumping pills is one of the safest ROA , first being oral , then nasal, and finally IV.

In regards to temperature of solution when you BB, you will know if it's too hot, as it hurts real bad. I believe warmer solutions help with vasodilation , which would obviously increase absorption and BA. In my experience, warmer solutions definitely seem to absorb better, and somewhat faster, although cold solutions work fine too, mainly in regards to opiates. Heat helps break down hard to use pills.

The only real dangers I can think of is in use of caustic solutions, such as alcohol , or enzymes, like trypsin, which can break down skin I believe. Also, rectal cocaine seems to be pretty dangrous, mainly due to extreme vasoconstriction. After the first IR cocaine dose , the next doses don't seem to work as well.

I seem be somewhat of an acquired expert on this subject. PM me if you ever have any difficult questions regarding rectal adminstration...

-lenses

ive been reading about plugging all day and thinking about it when i get home can u use heoin and if u can i normally sniff five bags at a time in the morning how many should i plug we get stamped bags out here in sj

Here is my plugging "ritual" for those who asked..

- I do my best to make a poo then have a shower (I generally plug in the evenings and I like to shower at night anyway). Obviously a clean, empty bung hole is a good idea.

- Crush up my pills, draw about 5ml of warm water into my "children's oral syringe" and squirt that into the pill crusher, where I mix it up until the crushed pill dissolves into the water.

- suck up the solution into the syringe

- put on whatever music fits the mood of my trip (for me, minimal techno or ambient music fits an opiate experience). I also light a few candles.

- make sure I have the phone with me just in case I get a call (you want to be able to lay there for about 15 - 20 mins so your rectum can finish absorbing the goods). I also have my remote for the stereo if I want to change the volume or turn the music off.

- squirt a bit of lube (ky) into my hand. I then pick up the syringe with my free hand and swirl it around in the lube

- gently insert syringe all the way, squeze in the happy juice.

- while the syringe is still in, a use a paper towel to wipe the lube off my other hand. Then I take out the syringe and use the towel to wipe my butt! No matter how hard you try to be clean, sometimes the syringe will come out with a bit of poo smeared on it. No big deal. I wrap the syringe in the paper towel and put it down. This way I don't have to worry about getting poo all over whatever surface I put the syringe down onto.

- lay still for a little while. Plugging is perhaps the best reason in the world to own an iPhone or something similar - I can read and post in the bluelight forum while I wait for the drugs to kick in :)

And there you have it!

Plugging and Rectal Administration: One of the best Routes of Administration around

I don't know what you guys think, but after my extensive research, inquiries, and expierience,
I firmly believe that:
Plugging is the safest ROA's for opioids(some other drugs)
Oral administration being the only ROA that has proved less harmful

but although it does not feel as good, it is one of many reasons plugging can be superior to a lot of other ROA's...
...especially with opioids, and the certain ones (the -morphones come to mind) where the oral BA (bio-availability) is so low, but the molecule is so precious (hydromorphone & oxymorphone pop into my head) that taking it orally you don't get much in your system at all but when plugged, over 5x much is absorbed into your body producing a truly euphoric nod, and a nice little rush too ;)
Any other ROA I've ever used for opioids or other drugs (and I've used them all) has always deemed to be harmful in someway, some more than others (i.e. IV use, intranasal use), but always damaging in one way or another.

After switching to plugging, I have found zero-negative health effects even with daily use for months and months, and talking to a huge group of people across the world that also plug everyday and have plugged for years. Although I don't believe there aren't any health effects I am throughouglhy convinced that next to oral administration, plugging (rectal administration) is one of the safest ROA's in existence and should be considered when pondering what ROA to use for whatever reason you need to switch ROA's. It might seem 'weird' to some of you your first time, but the majority of those people have been taken by the stigma and such of rectal use via homophobia or other issues.
You will quickly see that plugging is just another route of administration, one of the best, if I would have been privy to it before I would have never put any opioids up my nose, not only does it feel better, last longer, and have a higher BA, its just better in every way.
Sorry for the long post, its my first day on Ritalin...

Happy plugging ya'll :)

-TheMatador

Last edited:
Perhaps suddenly realizing you are a latent homosexual is one of the dangers!

PS: Forgotten from my list of plugged drugs - mephedrone and methylone both worked fine for me.

I did my first plugging experiment recently, with mephedrone. Worked great;)

Question folks. I've got some 'J Collis Browne's mixture', ingredients = ethanol, peppermint oil, & morphine, at a ratio of 1mg morphine per 5ml fluid. Its intended for oral consumption of course, but can I plug it? And if so, how much should I use?

Orally, to get a buzz I need to drink at least half a bottle - 50ml, which contains 10mg morphine. But I'm guessing (hoping lol) that plugging will require less..

Last edited:
Does anyone with anatomical knowledge know just how far we should be inserting these syringes before we squirt? Just where exactly are the blood vessels we want to get the solution to?

I've read everything from a few centimeters to "all the way to the base of the plunger," which is a good 3 or 4 inches.

And once the syringe is inserted, how much pressure should we be applying? Just enough to dribble the liquid out, or a firm push for the "water pistol" effect?

It's always seemed sort of random as to when plugging my dilaudid gives me a good rush or I feel nothing at all. I'd like to be sure I'm getting the solution exactly where it needs to be.

I plug 1 to 3 Avinzas a few times a week for about 6 months. I learned how to plug reading posts here (Thanks!) It's great! I just had a colonoscopy and everything turned out fine. I was wondering if the Doc was going to make any comments about anything strange he saw down there but nope! I think it is a great way to catch a buzz! Thanks for the thread everyone!

Does anyone with anatomical knowledge know just how far we should be inserting these syringes before we squirt? Just where exactly are the blood vessels we want to get the solution to?

I put a little antibiotic creme on the syringe and insert about half way in. I read there are a couple muscles you have to get by and then you reach the blood vessels. Half way is fine for me. I just push down on the plunger normally. You don't need to go really slow or fast. Only side effect for me is constipation. I make sure I take stool softeners every day. I have never had as much pain as trying to give birth to a huge rock that's been sitting in my butt for 5 days. (sorry everyone!)

I've read everything from a few centimeters to "all the way to the base of the plunger," which is a good 3 or 4 inches.

And once the syringe is inserted, how much pressure should we be applying? Just enough to dribble the liquid out, or a firm push for the "water pistol" effect?

It's always seemed sort of random as to when plugging my dilaudid gives me a good rush or I feel nothing at all. I'd like to be sure I'm getting the solution exactly where it needs to be.

I don't think it matters THAT much, I really don't expect to ever get much of a rush from pluggin. I just make sure it's far enough in that it's inside... Like the butthole isn't just a hole, its like a tube that goes on for a few inches. I guess ideally would be just after the tube ends and enters the butt. Just make sure you don't plug into a piece of poop and it gets stuck in there.

Wow, sorry about the too much information.

Also, the amount of pressure isn't crazy important either. I guess pushing it down fast kinda makes a aerosol-ish spray, where slowly lets it dribble out. I just do whatever works...

-lenses

I don't know how graphic everyone wants to get here. I can say that when I wake up in the morning, sometimes I run into the bathroom and try to grind up and plug my avinzas before I do my morning poop. Sometimes I bump into it and have to back up (sorry/gross!) But I need my morning fix or I start w/d. If I can't plug I have to snort it and that is gross when you first wake up. If I can plug in time my poop feeling goes away.
Also, when I plug, sometimes there's about 15 minutes of feeling like I really have to go to the bathroom number 2. When that goes away, everything feels great. I never get a rush but an overall great feeling.
I don't know if everyone else has these gross stories but if it's plugging, I imagine so.. :)