• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Are there any dangers of plugging?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"Auto-intoxication" is a bunk theory that was disproven and lost its ground in the early 20th century8)

A little TMI but possibly relevant?

I don't know about you guys, but while I have never plugged
(about to, seriously considering it to get rid of this morphine I have laying around because I know eating it and blowing it don't do anything, and it's probably a good idea to stop blowing things because my nose is so fucked up)
I have had a similar problem to this and I have never even plugged once. Not anymore, but for a while, like a good two month period or so, I couldn't crap much at all. At first itwasjust annoying, and I got worried but didnt want to go to a doctor (just imagine the convo "hey doc... so umm, i can't really shit" haha not having that one)
After a while I was so backed up that I got really bad stomache and back pains. It even started to make me dizzy and sick to my stomache after not crapping for about 5 days straight (I know, that's messed up, right?) but then i had an epiphany or however you spell it. I live a rather unhealthy lifestyle. I party way too hearty, and I was eating next to no fiber.
Like, really fiber and vitimans. I started eating a little healthier (I still treat my body like hell and don't eat too healthy, but it's a huge step up from where I was) and it went away in a matter of a week or two.
I mean, we're all here because we do drugs right? Well, doing drugs and being unhealthy in general sort of go hand in hand. Think about it ya know? Mybe you just have to revise what you eat or what you do on a daily basis. Also I know certian drugs in general make it hard to crap, and some drugs make you have to really bad.

Or who knows maybe, I have no experience with plugging, and since we're talking about shoving stuff up your ass maybe that's directly related to shitting problems who knows, it makes perfect sense. Maybe you should go get checked out. Better safe than sorry right? especially when it's about your ass. You only get one of those, its not like a kidney or a lung or something.

Oh and gormur, please do explain the baking soda, I've never heard of it when using drugs orally. How much/why and what does it to? (just curious)

The idea behind the ingestion of baking soda before amphetamine is to lower the PH level of your stomach acids which destroy the amphetamine partially. I don't really see the benefit to plugging a base along with your amphetamine.

Oh, and instead of using baking soda guys, Tums or Rolaids taste a lot better.

I don't really see the benefit to plugging a base along with your amphetamine.

to lower the chances of getting ulcers in your ass from caustic materials, like amp, meth etc. it also increases absorption of the drug, thus increasing bioavailability

Umm I don't know the scientific answer to this but think about it... You are shoving something that doesn't belong there up your ass, and then allowing it to break down and dissolve there. Doesn't sound all that healthy to me.

Well, take into consideration that the hard waste from your body is being expelled through your colon, food broken down and used by your body, and if pills are meant to be eaten, like food, then I doubt there would be any real problem with plugging them. Im not saying there isn't the possibility of getting some possible infections, or as the one poster mentioned a hemmoriod, but I seriously doubt the possible damage done is any greater than any other ROA, IMHO plugging gives the most bang for your buck, and is the least harmful.

In a day i will get my 5mg oxy IR script. I IV them so could I just prepare some for IV then just plug them instead of IV or would i need to Suck up the powder to?

I get a few hundred so i have enough to try different ways, I just dont like waisting any at all.

Thanks

I asked my doctor and he said he doesn't see any problems coming from using opiates this way. From what I read it seems that water or alcohol (ouch) solutions seem superior to suppositories as they absorb much faster cuz the rectum doesn't have liquids like the stomach does. Drugs in the rectum get absorbed into the bloodstream and pass the metabolism done by the stomach so often they get absorbed faster and have a higher BA, but not for all meds.

It's just a matter of being ok with putting drugs up there and whether it's has superior BA than oral, not a matter of safety. It's not any worse for u than snorting or ingesting, from what I have inquired on the topic as I am a fan of the practice.

Abstracts of some studies done on this ROA:

Pharmacokinetics of rectal drug administration, Part I

Rectal drug administration: clinical pharmacokinetic considerations

Rectal administration of drugs. Fundamentals and applications in anesthesia

Pharmacokinetics of rectal drug administration, Part II

As far as the inactive additives in pills from what I read, the most dangerous ones (titanium dioxide I think) cause problems in the lungs, as in injected into bloodstream and inhaled as they can not be excreted by the lungs and basically stay around. I wish I knew enough on the subject to make the connection between the binders and rectal ROA. Maybe someone knows. I'm gonna email my doc see if he knows.

I wish people would talk fact only, not interject their biases. This info is importrant to a lot of us, as a lot of us plug our drugs, legal or illegal. As one of the articles I read stated, the biggest problem with plugging is patient acceptability of practice. People are against it not cuz they know it's bad for u, but cuz it's the a-hole.

If u don't like plugging then don't do it. I really don't care if u think it's ok or not. I want to know as many objective facts on it as possible.

Last edited:
If u don't like plugging then don't do it. I really don't care if u think it's ok or not. I want to know as many objective facts on it as possible.

Well said Z Y G G Y, thanks so much for your input into the thread, it was great to see:)

I'm looking forward to what your doctor has to say about rectal administration of opioids. Of course pharmaceutically made opioid suppositories are fine, but what I think we all really want to know, is...
How safe is rectal administration of opioids pills?

Thanks again for your input Z Y G G Y, we appreciate it a lot, talk to you soon,

-TheMatador

Umm I don't know the scientific answer to this but think about it... You are shoving something that doesn't belong there up your ass, and then allowing it to break down and dissolve there. Doesn't sound all that healthy to me.

Oh and smoke is 'supposed' to be in your lungs?

Yes I'd say there's one big danger- that to the ego... heh
Now I'm not putting down people who plug, there are some obvious benefits which I can see for certian drugs. It may become a useful way to get all I can out of certian drugs (still not willing to take that step over the line I hate needles with a passion).
I tried it for the first time tonight myself although I have to say I wasn't thrilled and it's not one of my favorite methods. I'd much rather blow any drug I can, I like that one. Never woke up today and thought I'd see tonight ending up me violating myself in that way...
So basically I guess it seems safe if you're cool with the idea of putting stuff up your butt :\

As much as i'm kind of NOT surprised that people are against plugging because it's an Outtie, not an Innie, but I am kind of surprised that there are alot on this board who are against it.

I'm not discriminating in ANY way, whatsoever, because I know it's just weird to some people, I would just have thought there would be more FOR it than against it because I guess alot of the people, such as myself, on this board are trying to make something they do (out of necessity or just pure want) better in terms of increasing the effect and availability of the drugs we use.

I myself feel very against injecting anything but think plugging is great for the right drug, so I do understand both sides of the coin. I guess its just specific to what one person feels is something they are willing to do and something they are not. I think if plugging ended up becoming not enough for me, I probably would change to I.V (but i'm hoping to hell it doesn't come to that, i'm so scared of iv'ing in case I love it and can't stop)

Anyway, I'll see if I can dig up some good literature on this subject and talk to a couple of doctor friends about their views on the safety of plugging.

i have plugged hundreds of pills namely oxycodone name brand 80s but more recently ambien.

i have not noticed any problems other than a strange thing that happens each time i plug that has be concerned.

crush up 10mg of ambien, fill it up in syringe, insert and push, it all gets in

then EVERY time, two seconds later the left side of my bellybutton feels like a drop of cold water has fallen on it. but the source or this sensation is internal certainly.

this isnt painful at all, it actually kinda tickles. it puzzled me at first if i was actually dropping water on my stomach somehow until i realized it was happening each and every time.

is this a reason for concern? any theories as to why this may happen?

I've been plugging dilaudid for over six months now, every day, sometimes more than once a day.

Me and my bunghole are just fine.

I crush the pill, dissolve in warm water and use a needleless syringe to squirt the happyjuice where the sun don't shine.

Unless I'm lying on my stomach at a nude beach. Then the sun shines there.

^^^^
Right on, thanks for the input man.
The more expieriences the better it helps us build a "safety profile"

is this a reason for concern? any theories as to why this may happen?

Are you using water at body temperature? I get a similar cold/wet feeling in my abdomen and kidneys if the solution is too cool - maybe try warmer water as it seems to eliminate it :)

it's an Outtie, not an Innie

You never vomited then? Or blown your nose? ;)

Holes open both ways and suppositories are widely used in many places due to their effectiveness. Some people's disgust is just a personal thing based on being "dirty" probably. That or maybe homophobia or religion anyway. Don't really see what their problem is, to be honest - if someone doesn't like it then they don't have to do it but don't see why they'd bother posting on it if they're not interested really :\

For the record, I've plugged morphine, codeine, (diluted) alcohol, (diluted) GBL, MDMA and various 2C-x drugs (and probably a few things I forgot) successfully and with no obvious damage done. Wouldn't really recommend alcohol or GBL though.

^^^^^
Heyyy, thanks for the post Shambles, its always great to hear from you brotha, good stuff mate :)

I was just thinking about the matter of if anyone has ever plugged water/solution that was too hot???
Such as when plugging opioids especially OpanaER or Oxycontin the water should be heated up warm, 150-160 degrees is key when plugging Oxycontin, OpanaER, MS-Contin, and other extended-release opioids with dense matrices.

I just plugged 80mg of oxymorphone (OpanaER) diluted in 10ml of water heated in the microwave for about 20 seconds, left to cool for 30 seconds, then the oxymorphone was added, I let it sit in the barrel for another 30 seconds, and plugged away...
It was pretty hot, but it didn't seem to burn me, although I have had time where the water was quite hot and I had to go really slow....

What do you guys think about the effects of plugging water that is quite warm??
It wouldn't burn the skin, but it has been so hot if I pushed down the plunger in 2 seconds it would have burned, so I went slow....
It obviously wasn't hot enough to burn me, but I wonder what the effects of having water that is hot, but not quite burning being plugged?

What do you guys think??

I'm really interested to hear your guy's thoughts and join in on this discussion.

Talk to you soon,

-TheMatador

P.S. This is a GREAT thread guys, we are making it a really nice resource and point of reference for a lot of people, which is rad%)
1,400 people viewing/referencing this thread to be exact:)
We all appreciate everyones input so much:D
Thanks again guys, and lets keep this baby rollin'!!!;)