• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

I wish you the best of luck, OP. Everyone needs to cut out booze from their lives.

Treatment for alcohol abuse is cold turkey abstinence, with a supporting taper of long-acting benzos, like Librium, along with blood pressure meds. You will need treatment for your malnutrition, with lots of B vitamins. You will need anti-nausea medication. Your vitals will be monitored. Staff needs to check on you every fifteen minutes for the acute first couple days.

You will still go through alcohol withdrawal, just not at the interactive hallucinations level. IOW, you won't sleep for two days, or bring a spoon from bowl to mouth without spilling, for over a week. You will get drenching sweats at the slightest exertions, still dry-heave, while you get the shits; you'll start sobbing with happiness at random things, then want to die again. After a week of that, you will feel like you could eat a piece of toast. And a shower seems possible.

So honestly, you're gonna have to be in a place that will hand you the dose you need at the doctor-determined time. Only doctors or Lorne have the training to know which benzo goes when; if you try it yourself, you could wind up coming down off a bunch of Xanax while in alcohol WD. That could be lethal.

But hey, you have 28 days free and thousands and thousands of dollars, right?

THIS

This is put better than I attempted but that what I was trying to say....having benzos at home does not = being able to sucessfully CT from alcoholism...

As Scrofula says, you need a professional to monitor your obs..calculate the optimal benzo dosage, control other symptoms etc..

I know you don't want to miss school but you won't be in a fit state to attend anyway....

I can't stress enough how serious alcohol detox is and how real the risks are..

Seriously bro, I'm not just saying this as a random internet opinion, I'm a licensed paramedic and have seen people die (srsly) from attempting to detox themselves at home.....real shit.

But don't listen to Lorne.....he'd just give you diazepam and say it was short acting :) :) :)

Meth people, or at least the internet ones, like to talk about the shadow people, which we all know live right behind us. They make footstep sounds and play radios and hide our lighters.

Even after a hundred hours awake on meth, I haven't actually seen them. But during a random, routine alcohol withdrawal--like, the store doesn't open until 6am kind--I have literally shook hands and talked to them. Hadn't heard of them before. I prefer them to the guy who likes to pop out of the walls and jump up and down on my bed while screaming. The cartoon cowboy in the ceiling fan is kind of fun, except when he's firing his six-shooters.

At one of my non-medicated detox inpatient stints, I saw actual Big Book text scrolling by on the ceiling. That one lasted a single night before I was off to the hospital post-ictal. Thought I was in a Sizzler attached to a skeezy motel; apologized to the paramedics for ruining their steaks.

I've detoxed myself at home from alcohol. As long as you gave a supply of benzos, you should be ok. That is what they will give you if you go into the hospital anyway. Just make sure to check your blood pressure often, if it shoots up, go in. And use the benzos only as needed, so you don't have to detox off of them after you are done with the alcohol detox.

The thing that really worries me is the fioricet, actually. Normally the benzos would be a huge problem, but it sounds like you have enough benzos in hand to taper. But you are quitting the fioricet cold turkey (if I read correctly)? To others more familar, will benzos prevent the extremely dangerous withdrawal symptoms of barbiturates? I honestly don't have a ton of experience with barb withdrawal as they have become so rare these days. I do believe that barb WDs lower seizure threshold like a mug, and combined with tapering down on your benzos, this sounds like a very uncomfortable situation at the least and possibly worse.

Adding alcohol into the mix just makes everything worse. I highly recommend this not be done at home. This could absolutely be life threatening.

This amount isnt too bad. Start with 17 beers a day and reduce by half a budweiser a day and you'll be off the sauce in a month. Don't use liquor or an alcohol you actually enjoy you cant wean with that. Walgreens beer is pretty nasty stuff and is good to wean with.

^ That is ridiculous. DO NOT DO THAT, anyone m

Feek for OP, though without meeting or even talking to him, telling him to do this by himself on a HARM REDUCTION website is simply irresponsible

And 17 beers a day? If you are trolling, get real- If he did it himself, he would use benzodiazepines;

Personally would use the Lorazepam at first, with low doses of Xanax or Valium prn; after a couple days, cut the dose, and transition to Valium, unless you have clonazepam; either way, get down to 5-10mg dzp 2-3 times per day, and then go to a doctor or cut it it down eventually to 2.5-5mg per day, then if your stable on that and can get to 1.25mg per day, you would be ok

However this entails too much, and what is above is a hypothetical and is not complete, or recommended or anything like medical advice

Medical intervention is the responsible response (avoid xanax, except maybe once in the first 48 hours or before going to an inpatient for a couple days; xanax dependency is worse than moderate drinking 95% of the time)

Lorne???, what do you think of the Fioricet (butalbital/APAP) dose? From what I can find online, that isn't a staggering amount, but I am stunned by the lack of info online if butalbital has as bad of WDs as other barbiturates do. I would be extremely concerned about tapering benzos, cutting alcohol and at the same time going cold turkey from a barb.

I know I posted my concern about the barb just a couple of posts back, but it seems like maybe Fioricet is not something a lot of people are familiar with. There is seriously a shortage of info online about its addiction and dose vs. withdrawal symptoms or severity of said symptoms. I just know I have heard over and over that barb WD is bad news.

Good God...

Okay... I did not realize how much of a shit-storm I have created.

I clearly was very - very misinformed about how serious (90%) of you are saying my drinking habit is.

In reference to ​"what kind of drunk are you?" <--- I don't get drunk. I simply drink to maintain; to feel normal.

In reference to not drinking 5% of the days in the past months - I should've clarified - that was in the beginning - when 6-8oz of gin got me drunk.

For the most part, I perpetually have 'a buzz' on, but it's so incredibly rare that I get drunk. It would take so much alcohol to get drunk, and my preferred alcohol costs a lot for me right now (hence student...)

I've tried that tactic - buy alcohol you don't like (nasty ass Burnett's - or buying beer instead - it doesn't work (for me)).

Welcome to The Game

I really do appreciate all the responses I've been given, even if I don't agree with your analysis

I WILL NOT BE DOING THIS CT -

It isn't that I am ignoring your suggestions, in fact I've already began to work my sources for anti-psychs and MORE Klonopin

As someone so obviously stated (sorry - there were a lot of posts since I checked this page about 10hrs ago - I don't have thousands of dollars and 28 days to just "check out")

I'm going to do this at a friends house. She is an RN, her sister is too, and her brother is an RN anesthetist
Point being - these are life long family friends ---> they will help me... and I do not mean this in the sense of "checking in on me" <--- surely you get my point

Without going to inpatient, it has become very - VERY - clear, that I HAVE TO TAPER, or I am setting myself up for disaster.

It is is almost midnight where I live - Monday, almost Tuesday.

I'm going to begin this process on Wednesday, as that's when my friend, and her family can best help me...

I will do my absolute best to keep everyone in the loop as to what happens, and if I do end up going to in-patient ---> I'll be sure to share that.

Thank you, again, for everyone's concern.
-Nick

Thankfully the barbiturates and four separate benzos (plus fent) were OP's previous habit, trabamab.

You may have a taper plan, OP, but make sure it's the correct one, and you follow it.

And Lorne is a knowledgeable guy, but those are question marks after his name, not MD or Pharm.D. Very-long acting drugs were the norm in my day, not lorazepam, but I'll admit my days ended a while ago.

Benzo tapers, while going through acute alcohol withdrawal, is not going to be easy. We have so many threads of people trying to quit their benzos--the ones from their doctors can be a year long. When you are wide awake sweating and hearing things, too shaky to hold your water glass, the temptation to dip into your stockpile is going to be pretty damn big, for one thing.

And I say in solidarity, not judgment, that there are little indicators that you are less than honest or upfront with either just us or also yourself. Bad signs if you want to attempt this thing. But if you've got a support group at home willing to put up with you retching for a few days and refilling your dilute gatorade with Emergen-C powder multivitamin they dissolved in it, who can successfully hide your pills, and found your stashes, and hid all other downers in the house, go for it. I'll root for you.

There is a chance for a relatively cheap, or even free, inpatient deal. Some counties, at least in California, have Medicaid or state-funded detox programs that are really just washout dorms while you wait for halfway house placement (sober living is your destination, bud). You will need to make an appointment, on your own with your own doctor, to get your taper written and prescribed by an MD, and the detox center will dispense them to you Nurse Ratched-style.

You might get a half-assed AA meeting once a day, otherwise you pace and chain smoke for like two weeks.

But it's half the time of rehab, and possibly free if you qualify.

It sounds like you have good support. Give them all your meds and put your trust in then

Thankfully the barbiturates and four separate benzos (plus fent) were OP's previous habit, trabamab.

You may have a taper plan, OP, but make sure it's the correct one, and you follow it.

And Lorne is a knowledgeable guy, but those are question marks after his name, not MD or Pharm.D. Very-long acting drugs were the norm in my day, not lorazepam, but I'll admit my days ended a while ago.

Benzo tapers, while going through acute alcohol withdrawal, is not going to be easy. We have so many threads of people trying to quit their benzos--the ones from their doctors can be a year long. When you are wide awake sweating and hearing things, too shaky to hold your water glass, the temptation to dip into your stockpile is going to be pretty damn big, for one thing.

And I say in solidarity, not judgment, that there are little indicators that you are less than honest or upfront with either just us or also yourself. Bad signs if you want to attempt this thing. But if you've got a support group at home willing to put up with you retching for a few days and refilling your dilute gatorade with Emergen-C powder multivitamin they dissolved in it, who can successfully hide your pills, and found your stashes, and hid all other downers in the house, go for it. I'll root for you.

There is a chance for a relatively cheap, or even free, inpatient deal. Some counties, at least in California, have Medicaid or state-funded detox programs that are really just washout dorms while you wait for halfway house placement (sober living is your destination, bud). You will need to make an appointment, on your own with your own doctor, to get your taper written and prescribed by an MD, and the detox center will dispense them to you Nurse Ratched-style.

You might get a half-assed AA meeting once a day, otherwise you pace and chain smoke for like two weeks.

But it's half the time of rehab, and possibly free if you qualify.

I was too lazy to check if he had Clonazepam, which he does; low dose clono is better unless he is the 5-10>% that have more severe side effects or paradoxical reactions

And lorazepam has A LONGER DURATION THAN VALIUM, I have posted multiple sources to that effect!

Of course if you take 40-50mg per day, it will build up( and after a few days, it is an intermediate acting benzodiazepine) however extremely lipophillic drugs that are 98% protein bound and rapidly redistributed into adipose tissue and even organs like the heart, will BEVER HAVE A VERY LONG DURATION OF ACTION; it just isn't the way it works; I know more about this than any ER md you run into, unless your in New Jersey and run into Dr. House

Even nordazepam has a medium-long duration of action that is dose dependent; they give it to you 3-4 times per diem in detox for a reason; of course in higher doses it can last 7-12 hours, in low doses more like 4-8hrs, with chronic use secondary effects can linger

AND the reason I said to QUICKLY transition to Valium is because it will be more effective after multiple doses, and more importantly, the dosages are low; after a brief transition, 5-10mg 34x per day will be plenty, then bid, then cut to 2.5-5mg, eventually at a sub therapeutic dose like 1.25-2.5 you can jump or go to an ND and get a script for low dose Valium

With a heavy habit, Clonazepam would be better; it is a more effective anticonvulsant and it holds longer than any common benzo, because it has a binding affinity comparable to buprenorphine and very low lipophillicity and water solubility, it gradually enters the CNS, yet slowly leaves

Times have changed, Scrofula, and most doctors don't know a damn thing about pharmacology and certainly not the true aspects of addiction; they do what they were taught and drive nice cars; of course I know nothing of open heart surgery, yet I don't attempt it... get the difference?

Read about these things Scrofula, or leave it to me; I do not mean that in rudeness I respect you, you have already taught me things and are almost always right/on the level, and you are hilarious :)

I am fucked up, yet people with MD's claimed my IQ made me one of the smartest people in the world; more recently they use it against me, saying that they can't be sure if I am manipulating them, and have wasted my potential, blah

Anyway sorry for rant, however this is one of the few things I am good at, and can be confident of

And I maintained that professional intervention was needed, even though it is often fucking useless, at least he would(should) be safe and supervised and given medications to prevent the complications we know all too well; of course he has more than enough meds, and frankly he could better than a 72 hour stay, and he does not want a 28 day stay

Your still awesome Scrofula, don't take this personally it is not it is about outdated notions on things as concrete as Tylenol being hepatoxic

Last edited:
Sounds like somebody's "long duration" benzo wore off a little early.

I'll take the science up in the benzo thread, but I was only teasing you, dude. Those question marks were too fucking easy to pass up for that joke.

All I did was share what the standard benzo treatment was seven years ago and the reasoning behind why it still appears in places. I then admitted that was seven years ago, and things may have changed. Never did I claim any benzo knowledge, much less any in competition with yours. I don't even like the little fuckers.

And while your proposed treatment might be superior to lazy general practitioners too cheap to even get the second-tier continuing education online credits for benzos, the one that includes that benzo which treats IBS, OP must still consult with a flesh-and-blood, insured, licensed clinician, and look her in the face as he honestly shares his drug usage, and follow her plan.

And if he lies he's gonna get just a week's worth of lorazepam and suffer hard.

EDIT:
Too make you feel better, and still be OT, past alcohol withdrawal scripts have included diazepam from the ER. Now, what's funny is, as soon as I got out, I stumbled to some random . . . bushes, a grocery store, then bushes and finally a liquor store . . . morning, no booze, can't find script! Go back to same ER . . . staffer says diazepam??!? Here's some fucking lorazepam.

So far for alcohol I've gotten Librium inpatient at two different 28 day stays by the PT rehab concierge doctor when his Aston Martin wasn't being polished with money from scripting suboxone and he had time to take the back way through Napa; chloral fucking hydrate in Oakland inpatient; the ONE ER diazepam, and multiple other ER lorazepam; post-ictal treatment and followup; when I was housed in the no-shit psych-ward, and the choice of the lazy past-retirement polish clinician was: lorazepam.

But the one that I really really only actually not only like but hold dear to me was a barbiturate: phenobarbital slow IV. Cradle me more than the stryofoam block pinning my head, despite restraints stuck immobile on that Oakland Highland gurney, lift me gently into that golden dusk of Benzylesium (Except barb) on faintly yellowish wings of Seagram's, diet tonic clouds all around.

Last edited:
Hello again, everyone...

I am fully cognizant that the likelihood of me relapsing (back into Alcohol - fuck my former habit - opiates) is high.
I have strongly considered moving into a sober living situation - on the fence; how this goes... the Alcohol detox... that'll likely be the deciding factor

I often take significantly less of all 3 of my Schedule meds...
But, I decided to do a count. Nope - idk if having excess Suboxone will be of any help...

This is how much I have until my fill date...
Klonopin ​- 1mg - 47mg --> 3.2mg per day <---> I usually take 1-1.5mg per day, so I could easily double down.
Ativan - 1mg - 66mg ---> 4.4mg per day <---> I usually take 1-1.5mg, so again, I could double down, at minimum.
Subutex - 8mg - 63(pills) - 33.6mg per day <---> I usually take 6-12mg. I have no idea if this will be helpful, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Xanax <---> (a gift by - someone) - 20 3mg ER pills. SO ---> 60mg. 4mg per day -- I always take the pill whole, or I only take 1/2 of it.
YES - I'M AWARE - once the Xanax is gone ... I've created a separate issue... I know. Let's just work on one problem at a time.

I'm trying to TAPER DOWN ON ALCOHOL - NOT CT
My ultimate goal is instead of 1.75L of gin lasting 48-60hrs... to have 0.75L last a WEEK, and ultimately QUIT. I have a LONG way to go. I know.If unable to find Seroquel, or another anti-psych med ----- Kpins are my best bet, right? Or Valium? The former is much easier to find, for me, than the latter.

If someone answered the following two questions, I apologize for any redundancy, but I don't recall seeing these answered...

QUESTION #1

- Is the Seroquel solely for sleep, or does it double for sleep and anti-seizure?

QUESTION #2
- Should I immediately stop taking my Wellbutrin (150mg ER 1x daily)? I thought I had read (elsewhere - back in the day), that Wellbutrin LOWERS your seizure threshold, is this true, or am I mistaken?

INQUIRY: I found a large amount of Hydroxizine - I probably have ~50 of them, they're either 25mg, or 50mg. These will be - somewhat - helpful for sleeping, right??

PS: I use all the bold/italics/underscoring, as I assume it's easier for people to read/skim...

Thanks again,
Nick

Sounds like somebody's "long duration" benzo wore off a little early.

I'll take the science up in the benzo thread, but I was only teasing you, dude. Those question marks were too fucking easy to pass up for that joke.

All I did was share what the standard benzo treatment was seven years ago and the reasoning behind why it still appears in places. I then admitted that was seven years ago, and things may have changed. Never did I claim any benzo knowledge, much less any in competition with yours. I don't even like the little fuckers.

And while your proposed treatment might be superior to lazy general practitioners too cheap to even get the second-tier continuing education online credits for benzos, the one that includes that benzo which treats IBS, OP must still consult with a flesh-and-blood, insured, licensed clinician, and look her in the face as he honestly shares his drug usage, and follow her plan.

And if he lies he's gonna get just a week's worth of lorazepam and suffer hard.

EDIT:
Too make you feel better, and still be OT, past alcohol withdrawal scripts have included diazepam from the ER. Now, what's funny is, as soon as I got out, I stumbled to some random . . . bushes, a grocery store, then bushes and finally a liquor store . . . morning, no booze, can't find script! Go back to same ER . . . staffer says diazepam??!? Here's some fucking lorazepam.

So far for alcohol I've gotten Librium inpatient at two different 28 day stays by the PT rehab concierge doctor when his Aston Martin wasn't being polished with money from scripting suboxone and he had time to take the back way through Napa; chloral fucking hydrate in Oakland inpatient; the ONE ER diazepam, and multiple other ER lorazepam; post-ictal treatment and followup; when I was housed in the no-shit psych-ward, and the choice of the lazy past-retirement polish clinician was: lorazepam.

But the one that I really really only actually not only like but hold dear to me was a barbiturate: phenobarbital slow IV. Cradle me more than the stryofoam block pinning my head, despite restraints stuck immobile on that Oakland Highland gurney, lift me gently into that golden dusk of Benzylesium (Except barb) on faintly yellowish wings of Seagram's, diet tonic clouds all around.

I said he needs MEDICAL/PROFESSIONAL intervention;

However several posters are acting like this is crashing from dexamphetamine or something- so just threw in an udea(with a disclaimer) better than “this is easy!” Or “start with 17 beers”(may have been a troll, still)

Anyway most of us rant at times sorry

And don’t like Lorazepam much, just giving credit where credit is due(to an inanimate objects)

and these ???-top secret- one day you know, Scrofula, when the East/West battle is over

Again these people you say will be with you need to stay with you 24 hours especially the first few weeks if you take the slow route. I honestly think you need to go to in patient. The only reason you can do it with other people there is they can call 911 and get you to in patent when this falls apart hopefully before it's too late.

Hello again, everyone...

I am fully cognizant that the likelihood of me relapsing (back into Alcohol - fuck my former habit - opiates) is high.
I have strongly considered moving into a sober living situation - on the fence; how this goes... the Alcohol detox... that'll likely be the deciding factor

I often take significantly less of all 3 of my Schedule meds...
But, I decided to do a count. Nope - idk if having excess Suboxone will be of any help...

This is how much I have until my fill date...
Klonopin ​- 1mg - 47mg --> 3.2mg per day <---> I usually take 1-1.5mg per day, so I could easily double down.
Ativan - 1mg - 66mg ---> 4.4mg per day <---> I usually take 1-1.5mg, so again, I could double down, at minimum.
Subutex - 8mg - 63(pills) - 33.6mg per day <---> I usually take 6-12mg. I have no idea if this will be helpful, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Xanax <---> (a gift by - someone) - 20 3mg ER pills. SO ---> 60mg. 4mg per day -- I always take the pill whole, or I only take 1/2 of it.
YES - I'M AWARE - once the Xanax is gone ... I've created a separate issue... I know. Let's just work on one problem at a time.

I'm trying to TAPER DOWN ON ALCOHOL - NOT CT
My ultimate goal is instead of 1.75L of gin lasting 48-60hrs... to have 0.75L last a WEEK, and ultimately QUIT. I have a LONG way to go. I know.If unable to find Seroquel, or another anti-psych med ----- Kpins are my best bet, right? Or Valium? The former is much easier to find, for me, than the latter.

If someone answered the following two questions, I apologize for any redundancy, but I don't recall seeing these answered...

QUESTION #1

- Is the Seroquel solely for sleep, or does it double for sleep and anti-seizure?

QUESTION #2
- Should I immediately stop taking my Wellbutrin (150mg ER 1x daily)? I thought I had read (elsewhere - back in the day), that Wellbutrin LOWERS your seizure threshold, is this true, or am I mistaken?

INQUIRY: I found a large amount of Hydroxizine - I probably have ~50 of them, they're either 25mg, or 50mg. These will be - somewhat - helpful for sleeping, right??

PS: I use all the bold/italics/underscoring, as I assume it's easier for people to read/skim...

Thanks again,
Nick

I don't know if it's already been discussed but if you do an inpatient detox most are't gonna let you be on benzos and subs and detox from alcohol.

They may still give you low doses of each but fuck man in my opinion the benzos are gonna be your real problem unless you're just deciding to be on them for life.

And you aren't really creating a problem by having xanaxes when you're already taking them.

You take 7 mgs of ativan and klonoping, over 4 8mg subs and you drink a 5th every 2 days?

I mean I'm not judging I used to shoot 30-50 bags of dope a day and mix them with Xanax adderrall and speed. I know how shit can snowball.

But really the alcohol is the least of your worries in my opinion. Would I try it at home? Yeah I personally would I detoxed myself from 24 mgs of subs and 90 bars a month. This was after being on subs and Benzos for several years.

If you are one of those who wont get arrested on a bunch of xanaxes I'd just eat a bunch of xanaxes and quit drinking. I couldn't see you getting any too terrible withdrawal symptoms with the horse doses of benzos and Suboxone you take.

This post was in no way meant to be condescending I'm no different then you that's why I'm so frank about it.

They will not discontinue an ongoing script especially during detox and factor it into the treatment

I don't know if it's already been discussed but if you do an inpatient detox most are't gonna let you be on benzos and subs and detox from alcohol.

They may still give you low doses of each but fuck man in my opinion the benzos are gonna be your real problem unless you're just deciding to be on them for life.

And you aren't really creating a problem by having xanaxes when you're already taking them.

You take 7 mgs of ativan and klonoping, over 4 8mg subs and you drink a 5th every 2 days?

I mean I'm not judging I used to shoot 30-50 bags of dope a day and mix them with Xanax adderrall and speed. I know how shit can snowball.

But really the alcohol is the least of your worries in my opinion. Would I try it at home? Yeah I personally would I detoxed myself from 24 mgs of subs and 90 bars a month. This was after being on subs and Benzos for several years.

If you are one of those who wont get arrested on a bunch of xanaxes I'd just eat a bunch of xanaxes and quit drinking. I couldn't see you getting any too terrible withdrawal symptoms with the horse doses of benzos and Suboxone you take.

This post was in no way meant to be condescending I'm no different then you that's why I'm so frank about it.

Sorry but I certainly wouldn't say alcohol is the "least of his worries" since it's potentially deadlly to detox from without professional help....

There's far, far more to it than simply "eating a bunch of xanaxes and quit drinking"....I mean seriously. Just because be currently takes benzos, doesn't mean for one moment that he's now immune from alcohol withdrawl seizures if he quits drinking cold turkey without having a professional determine exactly how much and what type of benzos he needs to be on...it doesn't work like that. His dose along with his observations (vitals) need to be monitored by a medical professional.

Also as tacodude says above they won't discontinue his suboxone and benzo script when admitting him into rehab...that's senseless and could well actually kill him.

Honestly, pretty much that entire post is at best wildly innacurate or at worse hugely dangerous if actually followed.

Hey guys,
Yeah - To say I am getting mixed messages is a colossal understatement.

To be honest, I kind of expected to get different responses ... as I said in my first post - I used to use this site when I was in active opiate/benzo addiction.
I will readily admit that I am physiologically dependent upon the Ativan (which works very well for me - I know it doesn't for most people), and the Klonopin, but I don't abuse them --- not anymore anyway. Haven't in 14 months since I got clean from fent/dope/opiates (other than Subutex, obviously)

I'm just going to clarify once more...
I know the posts are fucking long, and some people's responses are even longer...

CURRENT (daily intake) of MEDICATIONS (not what is actually Rx'd - as in I'm RX'd a lot more of all 3 - ​this is what I actually take, in concurrent use of the alcohol)

Subutex - 8-12mg
Ativan - 1-1.5mg
Klonopin - 1-2mg (though taking 2mg is rare)
---> Obviously these doses vary a little bit, but this on average for the past several months.

Can someone PLEASE address my question about my Wellbutrin (150mg XL, 1x daily).
I thought Wellbutrin LOWERS seizure thresholds, which is obviously the exact opposite of what I want...

I do not take ANY other medications. I picked up a complex-B vitamin, as recommended by a few people.

I am NOT DOING THIS COLD TURKEY
Intention: instead of 48-60hrs - now the 1.75L of gin needs to last 72. Then 84-96, etc.
Easier said than done, I know.

I will be detoxing at a friends apartment (I live alone). She is an RN, another sister is an RN, and her brother is a Nurse Anethesetist (sp?). One of them will be there 24/7, for as long as this may take. My friend's mom is a NPR, so if things get fuckin shady she already said she will write an Rx.

I'm not simply discarding your advice - quite to the contrary.

I asked for advice because I TRULY did NOT know how bad my drinking habit was - I knew it was really bad - but not, "we strongly recommend you go to the hospital," was NOT the response that I expected from a vast majority of you.

I've consumed 6oz of gin today.
3mg ER of Xanax
1mg of Klonopin
2mg of Ativan.
I feel normal.

I know that alcohol withdrawal takes longer to set in (24-48hrs), but I'm just trying to keep everyone in the loop...

I'll be at her apartment in less than 24hrs.
I don't intend to post again for 24-36 hours.

However, by all means, keep your suggestions coming in (no, I am not being facetious).

Thank you again,
Nick

I think you should trust the people you're with. They seemed somewhat equipped and qualified for the situation.