• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Aerosmith's Steve Tyler spent $6 million on cocaine

Steven Tyler in New Televison Profile About His Past Drug Use: 'We Snorted Half of Peru'

Aerosmith, namely singer Steven Tyler and guitarist Joe Perry, were the subject of a 60 Minutes profile, for the Australian version of the news magazine.

In the 13-minute piece, Tyler says they realistically blew $5 to $6 million on drugs." The singer chalks it up to the rock star life, saying "We snorted half of Peru. It's what we did."

The always quippy frontman confessed, "I am as good a drug addict as I am a singer and a father. I am that good at trying to make myself feel good. But it takes me down and seals me like a crook." Sounds like he is self-aware, thanks to a cocktail of rehab and therapy, and knowing who he is on a base level.

The interview also spotlights Tyler and Perry's tumultuous relationship. The twosome -- famously referred to as the 'Toxic Twins' -- have a typical push and pull, which often occurs between lead singers and guitarists, with Tyler admitting he is inflicted with LSD -- Lead Singer's Disease.

But through the arguments, break ups, addictions, rehab and babies being born, they function like a marriage, where they fall in and out of love.

Tyler reveals he was called "pinhead" and "nigger lips" while growing up, which sucked at the time, but is now a badge of honor for him.

He spoke about how his two season stint as an American Idol judge raised the band's stock "270 percent." Both he and Perry admit that there is no Aerosmith without Steven Tyler or without Joe Perry, even though the band tried to replace him when he was being courted by Idol.

"I've gotten more laughs out of him than anything else, for all the arguing and for all 'The Toxic Twins,'" Perry said. "We're brothers. That doesn't seem to go away."

Tyler said it best, "I can't live without them. I don't want to. It's honest glue and honest love, wrapped up in codependency."

Watch the 60 Minutes Interview Here (check below link to get this link)

Dynamic Duos of Rock

With a gallery -

http://www.noisecreep.com/2013/02/25/steven-tyler-drugs/

Ever tried mdma (not ecstasy, actual mdma)? That stuff... changed my life for the better.

... Sorry, I'll shutup now.

Yeah, I've consumed MDMA 10 times ever over the last 3 years. I really enjoy the experience but the week after is really hard on me since I already have mental health problems like anxiety and depression. It's been about a year since I've taken MDMA actually. I'll probably take some at a festival this summer though, since I've worked really hard this year.

I've never ingested cocaine because I know someone younger than I (I'm 20) with nasal cavity damage from abuse. I have concerns that I will enjoy it more than I should if I ever try it. The biggest thing though is I've never met someone who told me it was a good idea to do cocaine yet I've met many people who've told me to avoid it-people that have used it and currently use it-not anti-drug loons.

cocaine is brillant just replace the bill your snorting it with, a 29 gauge needle iv, fudck everything else

this was to an aussie "reporter", so her 20M estimate equates to 5M in american priced charlie.

fucking hell, that must be well over a ton of the stuff, im suprised his hearts still going

his nose must be fucked up

I wonder how much he spent on plastic surgery

He would have gotten a lot higher had he spent $6,000,000 on crystal meth.

$6mil on the most overpriced, lamest drug. What a waste!

quoted for truth

in other news, heroin is garbage, especially if you're trying to manage an opiate tolerance so every dose gets you high -- smoking heroin gives you what? a half hour high, two hours of "meh"? And if you don't get good shit, you won't even get high; the 'redosing lowers opiate euphoria' factor comes in to play, and since its only possible to inhale so much smoke at once, low quality H when you have a tolerance literally can't get you high no matter how much you smoke.

No wonder all the pros turn to pills instead of that street powder garbage. Being able to know your dose with relative certainty? A longer lasting high due to oral adminstration? Yes please.

Last edited:
TIL heroin and cocaine are garbage!
for opiates its quite simple:
for high quality mental euphoria - hydrocodone/hydromorphone
for long duration - methadone
for a good physical high - oxycodone

Heroin fits into the spectrum somewhere between "if you want to feel like you have to puke" and "if you want to feel ripped off"
morphine is good but it definitely has a body load that other opiates don't have; fentanyl is too sedating; and all the other opiates are shit, oxymorphone is extremely overrated as well. The problem with oxymorphone is its too powerful, and before you can get to the level of euphoria you want, you're too scared you're going to stop breathing

Remember, the goal of taking opiates recreationally isn't to get so fucked up you fall asleep standing up or start puking, its to feel euphoria, because if you don't feel good, what was the point

Last edited:
heroin is consistently the second best feeling I've ever had. Crack is easily #3.

These things are so subjective though. Like, everybody in Miami wants coke and basically nobody asks for meth. Probably in Washington it's backwards.

did you smoke or shoot H? I've only ever smoked it, and even when I've had good H, it didn't feel like anything special
might have just been doing it wrong but a needle is still too intimidating for me

Last edited: