• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Aerosmith's Steve Tyler spent $6 million on cocaine

poledriver

Bluelighter
Aerosmith's Steve Tyler spent $6 million on cocaine

THE word toxic sits fairly easily with Aerosmith lead singer and serial, on-stage acrobat, Steve Tyler.

The flamboyant 65-year-old frontman admits he has shovelled at least $5-6 million dollars worth of marching powder up his nose.

In an interview on 60 Minutes this Sunday night, reporter Liz Hayes tells Steve she'd heard around 20 million bucks worth of cocaine had seen the inside nostrils of the 'Demon of Screamin'.

"Realistically, 5 or 6," says Tyler. "But it doesn't matter. You also could say I snorted half of Peru, but it doesn't matter."

Tyler, who had been sober for over 20 years, had a relapse with prescription meds in the late 2000's but was successful with treatment for that addiction in 2009.

Since coming clean, Tyler has been a judge on American Idol, always dressed in his signature flowing scarves, and says his relationship with fellow band member and guitarist, Joe Perry is back on track.

Known as the 'toxic twins', the pair reportedly had a falling out over Tyler's stint on Idol but their relationship mended after they started working together when Tyler quit the show.

"We can still be toxic. We fight toxic and we play toxic," he said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...ne/story-e6frfmyi-1226583545834#ixzz2LbyDYZhh

Do drugs as an athlete and they call you a cheater, do it as a musician and your a rock legend.

man i could ego-death every politician in the western world with 5 million bucks. and the world would hopefully be a better place.

All we got from this 6 million dollars worth of cocaine was Aerosmith, and i think that says alot.

its got nothing to do with the quality just not my thing and i see it as waste of money the cost for the buzz out weight each other i can have a lot more fun for my buck than buying coke :)

I believe it - he's... rather skinny for his age, yet still so energetic, especially when singing (or so it seems). At the same time though, is it really so surprising? I hate to be a stereotype, but he's a wocksta.

I wish he would've spent it somewhere else

i see my friend :) yes 6million to starving kids or the likes but that said its one hell of a thing for your tomb stone innit :) plus steven was the tamer of the two joe being much worse say 8mill for him 6 for steven another 12mill for the other 3 members that's 26million on coke alone what about the smack booze pills and whores what a fucking life :)