• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Aerosmith's Steve Tyler spent $6 million on cocaine

He should have spent the money of music and singing lessons - Aerosmith were always a crap band.

a needle is still too intimidating for me

That's a good thing for you. Once I started shooting I never went back to snorting or smoking (I think the smoke smells puky too).

I think diacetylmorphine's kinetics make inhalation and injection differ not only in degree of effect, but also in kind of effect.

There was a really good article about heroin's kinetics here a while ago that elucidates a similar concept:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/...of-how-heroin-affects-brain-(HEROIN-MORPHINE)

The enzymatic rates make ROA super-important with this substance.

but a needle is still too intimidating for me

Likewise. I'll never use needles for recreational drugs, I've always steered clear of it, even when some of my old friends were into it (heroin, speed). Needles and even heroin and oxys have never interested me personally.

this is news? what are they gonna tell me, trees grow now?
No this is not news, this is 60 minutes.

Iq tests need only one question, "do you watch current affairs programs?"

No this is not news, this is 60 minutes.

Iq tests need only one question, "do you watch current affairs programs?"

I quit watching television years ago and never looked back. Even when I turn it on again and try to watch it, it feels like I'm forcing myself to watch it, and have to pretend that I'm enjoying it.
The only thing I really miss out on is hearing about big natural disasters and some other types of current events - but anything major I end up hearing about from other people eventually

I quit watching television years ago and never looked back. Even when I turn it on again and try to watch it, it feels like I'm forcing myself to watch it, and have to pretend that I'm enjoying it.
The only thing I really miss out on is hearing about big natural disasters and some other types of current events - but anything major I end up hearing about from other people eventually

I hear ya loud and clear, I stopped having a TV in the house years ago and none of my kids have ever been exposed to it, and they all seem to have turned out bright, smart, creative and well balanced as a result.

I hear ya loud and clear, I stopped having a TV in the house years ago and none of my kids have ever been exposed to it, and they all seem to have turned out bright, smart, creative and well balanced as a result.

I'm curious, growing up without TV, do they want to watch it? Or are they old enough to kind of understand that its a good thing they don't watch TV? It wouldn't ever backfire on them would it? Like, if they went over to a friends house and ended up watching TV, would they end up getting sucked into it because they've never really watched it before and don't know how to handle things like being bombarded with advertisements and the like? Or has not watching television actually made them more prepared for things like that?

this conversation has taken an interesting turn

tv helps with our infant. but we don't watch shit, so i am neither extreme.

I regret using blow. Too much money spent on it for too short of a high, even when combining with booze. I'm not saying the high sucks, because it really doesn't IMO. But the drug half-life sure does, as does the average purity around these parts nowadays. Nevertheless, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have some wildly fun times while using it. Again though, looking back, in the end, it wasn't "worth it."

I don't use blow and I don't watch much TV. I watch the news sometimes and that's mostly it. Rarely I will watch other shows. I just hate the ads, I use the TV hooked up to a mac mini to play shows and movies alot more tho.

I would think it would be hard to not expose kids to TV these days, as said above, going over to other kids houses, most people have TV and use them alot afaik, especially in the built up city areas.

this conversation has taken an interesting turn

tv helps with our infant. but we don't watch shit, so i am neither extreme.
home-schooled kids i've met who had parents that discouraged television seemed very very intelligent; they seemed sort of "old school" in a way, like they weren't on the same page as other kids, but "old school" brings with it its own perks, and what is the "same page" anyways? What are street smarts other than knowing the current trends? I don't doubt that those home-schooled kids will go on to become the world's leaders some day, while everyone else is still scratching their head.
What TV does is keeps us sedated.. it makes us like to think that we are "up to date" on the latest technology and fashion, so that we don't listen to anyone telling us otherwise. TV was wrong, wasn't it? It lied to us. During the 2000s, TV wasn't letting people know that the latest technology and fashion was flying right on by them, moving on without them. Why? Because that technology was killing the industry behind television; they can't cut themselves off from the hand that feeds them. So now, television is worse than its ever been; its not telling stories anymore, it's telling people how they should think. All of the big shows now are "pseudo-reality" shows which pretend to be unrehearsed, forcing it into our heads that the characters in those shows are somehow role-models for our own life, even though they were written with handicapping the viewer as the goal.

Last edited:
I regret using blow. Too much money spent on it for too short of a high, even when combining with booze. I'm not saying the high sucks, because it really doesn't IMO. But the drug half-life sure does, as does the average purity around these parts nowadays. Nevertheless, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have some wildly fun times while using it. Again though, looking back, in the end, it wasn't "worth it."
With a duration of 20-40 minutes, how do you have enough time to even begin doing something "wildly fun"? Seems like you'd have to start chopping up another line before you even started to appreciate the first one. I've never done cocaine, but it sounds like shit. The only DRI I've ever tried was methylphenidate and that was complete shit; big boys want the long lasting and overwhelmingly euphoric phenethylamine analogues that are DA/NE/5-HT reuptake reversers, like the gold standard of stimulants d-amphetamine

Keeping in mind basic pharmacological mechanics, dopamine reuptake inhibitors are, in theory, only going to "amplify" dopaminergic activity that was already there -- where as phenethylamine analogue DA reuptake reversers are going to generate their own dopaminergic activity; they'll actually release dopamine into the synapse as opposed to just keeping pre-existing dopamine stuck in the synapse.

Last edited:
With a duration of 20-40 minutes, how do you have enough time to even begin doing something "wildly fun"? Seems like you'd have to start chopping up another line before you even started to appreciate the first one.

LMAO, so true!

I've never done cocaine, but it sounds like shit. The only DRI I've ever tried was methylphenidate and that was complete shit; big boys want the long lasting and overwhelmingly euphoric phenethylamine analogues that are DA/NE/5-HT reuptake reversers, like the gold standard of stimulants d-amphetamine

Exactly! I've had a prescription for Focalin and that shit sucks. Sure you get a decent buzz, but its lacking so much in comparison to Amphetamines, not only that its short duration makes it even more worthless, which is funny since its 3-4x longer lasting than Cocaine.

You pretty much summed up what my knowledge of DARI's, they suck.

I think it's a little dumb to argue over whether cocaine is worth it or not. It's not because you didn't like it that everyone feels that way. Same with heroin, or any other drug really. I personally don't like weed nor MDMA for instance, but I wouldn't judge someone for spending money on those simply because I think they're a shit drug and they could've spent money on a 'better' one...
I'm not surprised to hear this about Tyler at all (I mean I'm sure the numbers are just as scary for a good 90% of all huge rock bands of the 70s), I just think it's the way he said it ('we snorted half of Peru') that makes him a bit of a douche.

I'm just thinking how totally backwards it is that there are so many media role models openly talking about their substance use, thus probably influencing a market of users, yet the market itself is totally illegal and underground.

Whenever Oprah tells people to buy a book, suddenly 10 million copies sell. What happens when someone famous talks about their cocaine use? I'd be curious to know how many people's anti-drug programming suddenly cancels out because they think their celeb of choice is too cool for cool.

With a duration of 20-40 minutes, how do you have enough time to even begin doing something "wildly fun"? Seems like you'd have to start chopping up another line before you even started to appreciate the first one.

There's a simple solution to that problem: Chop up several lines in advance.

Also, fucking on blow is one activity which I found to be "wildly fun."

I've never done cocaine, but it sounds like shit.

For a long time, I felt the same way about opiates, particularly heroin. And I based my ignorant opinion solely on what read in books and saw on TV. That was until I tried it. And that would be why I'm on methadone.

The only DRI I've ever tried was methylphenidate and that was complete shit

That's because it IS complete shit, for the most part that is, but I gather that the majority of stimulant aficionados will tell you the same. I'm prescribed the stuff and I don't even bother taking it.

More importantly, developing an opinion about the recreational value of (good quality) cocaine - or amphetamine, methamphetamine, etc. - by way of using methylphenidate as the test subject is, IME, like eating large amounts of codeine to tell the world how it feels to mainline hydromorphone.

Nevertheless, I regret using the stuff, mainly because it's an expensive habit for such a short high, and there's other personal reasons which I will not discuss.

Last edited:
I'm just thinking how totally backwards it is that there are so many media role models openly talking about their substance use, thus probably influencing a market of users, yet the market itself is totally illegal and underground.

Whenever Oprah tells people to buy a book, suddenly 10 million copies sell. What happens when someone famous talks about their cocaine use? I'd be curious to know how many people's anti-drug programming suddenly cancels out because they think their celeb of choice is too cool for cool.

Agreed. They really shouldn't talk about it, especially when it's borderline glorifying like here.
I have to admit the fact that Jimmy Page was a massive heroin addict always made me really curious to try it. And guess what, now I'm a heroin addict as well. He never spoke about it though, it's just a known fact, but if he'd been talking about say, 'injecting half of Afghanistan', I can guarantee I would've been influenced a lot sooner...

We don't have a TV or allow video games (more than about 30 minutes a week), and my kids are much happier because of it.
They wake up early on a weekend morning and quietly go read books or draw or make up a game - using their imagination - and play it. Together. Interacting as human beings. Not passive, but active.
Boredom leads to creativity. No need to fill every second of life with stimulation.
Their friends who watch TV (and play video games) can't function without constant stimulation. They have short attention spans and do not know how to make their own fun. They complain when they come to our house because there is "nothing to do" (even though we have a very good collection of books, games, fake swords, dolls, art supplies, etc).
My kids are forced to create a way to play, and have learned to do so. They can entertain themselves for hours, happily.
They are not afraid of silence.

You hit the nail on the head, I think, with this one.
(as Cocaine sales skyrocket)