• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Aerosmith's Steve Tyler spent $6 million on cocaine

Agreed. They really shouldn't talk about it, especially when it's borderline glorifying like here.

I think they should absolutely talk about it. Any amount of damage that drugs do pales in comparison to the damage that prohibition does.

Prohibition of course doesn't usually prevent people from talking, but talking may eventually prevent governments from prohibiting. Which is the point Foreigner was making.

edit: This is debatable, of course. My point of view is informed by the fact that global drug policy reform has coincided with the onset of the internet, and the internet is primarily a communication vehicle.

Last edited:
I think they should absolutely talk about it. Any amount of damage that drugs do pales in comparison to the damage that prohibition does.

Prohibition of course doesn't usually prevent people from talking, but talking may eventually prevent governments from prohibiting. Which is the point Foreigner was making.

edit: This is debatable, of course. My point of view is informed by the fact that global drug policy reform has coincided with the onset of the internet, and the internet is primarily a communication vehicle.

Oh no I very much agree with that. I mean, I'm pretty much for the legalisation of most of the drugs on this planet...if not all of them. But in the meantime, especially with hard drugs such as cocaine that are bought off the street and contain all sorts of unknown shit, I think a public popular figure glorifying their use just isn't a good thing for everyone who looks up to them.
I'm all for talking about drugs and I agree it shouldn't be taboo anymore. But I do think it needs to be addressed very carefully and just really not in the way Steven Tyler is doing it.

We don't allow video games (more than about 30 minutes a week)

No video games?! That would be awful.

In all seriousness, I do agree with the boredom leading to imagination, but then again it only does so much, at least in my experience. When I'd get grounded from my precious Xbox/Live, and whatnot I wouldn't know what to do with myself, but I'd find little things and make them better due to creative thinking, but it only did so much. I can understand not letting them play 24/7 but only 30mins isn't that a little harsh?

How old are your kids anyways?

There's a simple solution to that problem: Chop up several lines in advance.

Also, fucking on blow is one activity which I found to be "wildly fun."
I'm willing to bet that fucking on amphetamine is a whole lot funner; after 6 and a half hours, me and my partner would usually agree it was time to take a water break because we both thought we might die of dehydration

No video games?! That would be awful.

In all seriousness, I do agree with the boredom leading to imagination, but then again it only does so much, at least in my experience. When I'd get grounded from my precious Xbox/Live, and whatnot I wouldn't know what to do with myself, but I'd find little things and make them better due to creative thinking, but it only did so much. I can understand not letting them play 24/7 but only 30mins isn't that a little harsh?

How old are your kids anyways?

Not harsh, unless you believe that kids have a right to spend more time playing video games.
Instead, we interact with our kids one-on-one (or sometimes two-on-one), doing things that we consider far more important to the human experience than video games:
art, music, working out, soccer, baseball, reading, writing, math, swimming, reading stories, reading poetry, riding bikes/scooters, dance, martial arts, learning languages, meditation...

My kids are 8 and 5. The 8-year old would play video games all day if we allowed him. Instead he has won a prize for his art, which was published, and he has had a short story and a poem published. We never forced him to do these things - we give him dozens of choices (mostly, the things on the list above). He chose to work on art and writing. His creativity and skill got his creations published. If we allowed him free access to TV and video games, he would have lost his creativity and never gained any of the relevant creative skills.

Not that I don't see benefits to video games, or enjoy them. Just that the benefits of working on art, music, writing, sports, languages, etc. far outweigh the benefits of playing video games. IMO.

Last edited:
I'm willing to bet that fucking on amphetamine is a whole lot funner; after 6 and a half hours, me and my partner would usually agree it was time to take a water break because we both thought we might die of dehydration

It is more fun than blow, at least IME with methamphetamine. It's difficult to describe how great sex can be while tweaking. Or while rolling/on mdma.

Sadly enough that's all they had back in those days...Coke is dollar store candy to me ahhh even crack or Rock cocaine...basically up/ down, up/ down , up /down chasing the Euphoria and not getting all three of the best feelings is waste. Sorry I like to set the Cruise Control and do 150 mph in the MClarren MP4 -C .....not hit 120 and stop and hit 120 again stop...I knew back in 1990s seeing movie Robo Cop movie and Nuke type drug one day there would be much more advanced drugs ---Hah I was so right... thank god. Steve T. just needs proper coach that's all. Betty Ford hell that is waste of money time and utter BS! :sleep::no::facepalm: With his money and fame music talents... yeah he would do Excellent and would still be top performer! he spent that much wonder how much Stevie Nicks spent in her lifetime>>? ALLOT I BET!!!

It is more fun than blow, at least IME with methamphetamine. It's difficult to describe how great sex can be while tweaking. Or while rolling/on mdma.
Meth is like doing 250 in a dragster or 225 constantly in a Bugatti Veyron ....plus it depletes the Dopamine and Serotonin and DOES NOT give you the 3 way deal as I call it. yeah done ICE and Crystal never ever injected but all others and overloades the heart the brain and just not real fun or exciting. Yeah you def can stay up for days and get a hell of allot of work done. But too many bad side effects. Now M-CAT or 4 MMC is best way to enjoy all of it. Pentylone OH hell yeah!!! but still have to use proper care and Not be some addict thinking you will dump Matches on Bonfire and get more fire..same thing with METH hell prepping and fueling as I call it could be very serious with METH very serious! Drug is already in us all of us well except babies . Brain not even developed yet or kids. Meth is good in some respects but probably over used by those who just don;t understand . Rock stars and Big celebrities just do way too much YEAH Money and availability is reason why! Big parties and excess lifestyles ,but too much stigma on chems and so called drugs. :Bart: