Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aborigines

Status
Not open for further replies.
KemicalBurn said:
There's no point arguing with a brick wall. Especially when that wall is an idiot whose perceived opinion is nothing more than racist clap-trap wrapped in political correctness.
I was wondering how you'd rise to my comment, but I'll actually pay that one.

The Fish said:
I apologise for my countrymen. Yes, Australians are fucking racist.

You know, I searched my mind for a suitable rebuttal to this point, referencing other cultures and whatnot, but the more I thought, the more insubstantial what I thought became.

I'm really sorry that I have to agree with this point :\

I try not to be racist but its difficult not to focus one's ire on a particular group when they're the ones constantly harassing and fighting people for no particular reason. Especially when going out clubbing, they're damn everywhere in the streets in Perth.

Mind you, they do have some really terrible family and socio-economic backgrounds. Does anyone have any constructive ideas about a solution though? I just cant think of anything that would really work to make aboriginies general standard of living any better...

It was actually a little scary reading some of the comments in this thread but this topic has been discussed a million times.

I wholeheartedly support A&TSI receiving extra benefits and help. It's really the least we can do for a struggling minority whether you believe it's white australia who put them in that position or not.

I also think it's sad that people can judge a whole culture on the few aborigines they see on the street asking them for a cigarette. Surely we're all intelligent enough to step back and see the big picture.

Just to clarify; i'm not referring to people trying to bum a ciggy. I'm referring to being physically attacked by groups of 10-20 odd teenagers for no particular reason. Bumming a ciggy is one true universal characteristic;)

Did my opinion come across as racist? Seriously, I'm actually saddened by this if it did. I'm shaking right now, as that really upsets me if I could come across in such a way without realizing it! :(

I honestly meant well... I truly believe we should do all we can to help the aboriginal community, even if I did stereotype carelessly. I've deleted my post which may have come across as demeaning, simply because if it came across that way, it wasn't delivering the message I intended of it. Therefore it's worthless!

Pro aborigine support here! :)

Last edited:
I don't perceive mine as racist, more matter of fact.

^Perception is everything , I understand some peoples perception of the atrocities committed in WW2 against the minorities by the nazis were considered OK by many people! Just your point of view to which you are entitled !
Wrong, but still it's all yours!

zophen said:
No society does that for them !

no society doesn't, people do. certain elements create typical images of themselves and then maintain those images with the way they portray themselves, the way the behave, and dress etc etc.

plus you wouldn't even know about abo's cept for the shit that BBC or whatever rams down your throat over there

You guys are racist. End of story.

I'll put more effort into this later, but reading this thread has made me feel a bit sick, and I want to stay in a positive mood as I have a party to go to later.

I won't be coming back into Aus Social today.

AcidRain said:
They certainly seem to have much higher levels of alcoholism than the rest of the population, whether this is due to society or physiology.

I remember reading somewhere that aboriginals and other native cultures have a harder time metabolising alcohol as they do not have high enough amounts of the enzyme needed to break alcohol down, therefore leaving them more susceptable to alcoholism.

I think alcohol abuse is a huge issue in the aboriginal community and i dont know how to solve that problem. I also think that they have a beautiful culture surrounded by art, music and family values and its sad to see alot of that gets lost in preference of focusing on the negative.

plus you wouldn't even know about abo's cept for the shit that BBC or whatever rams down your throat over there

Of course I wouldn't I am an incredibly stupid person ! I mean who would think that generations of incomprehensible (to a stone age culture) abuse by whites to the original HUMAN inhabitants of a given land could result in cultural meltdown and hatred ! Perish the thought ! Fucking BBC feeding me bullshit and man do I swallow it all !8)

THR! said:
I don't perceive mine as racist, more matter of fact.

yes, that's the way I see my POV on aborigine's aswell. There's only so many times you can say to yourself

"They're aren't all this bad, it's just the minority that ruin it for the majority" before you think, hang on a sec, they're all like this :\

zophen said:
Of course I wouldn't I am an incredibly stupid person ! I mean who would think that generations of incomprehensible (to a stone age culture) abuse by whites to the original HUMAN inhabitants of a given land could result in cultural meltdown and hatred ! Perish the thought ! Fucking BBC feeding me bullshit and man do I swallow it all !8)

WOW, you really are... you really do... fuck.... everyday someone suprises me with how stupid they and today I haven't even left the house yet... =D

^FFS If the bloody Chinese invaded Australia and forced you to learn Chinese effectively assimilating you like the Borg would you say "Oh I want to be like the Chinese " or think bastards They've taken our kids and put them inti communes and indoctrinated them !
It's the type of thing which breeds a resistance in people !

Just as an organism will try to perpetuate itself so will a culture , they refuse to sacrifice them selves to your white capitalist middle class deity, and you condemn them for it !!!!!
As I said think about if 50 million chinese moved to Aus , oh militarily backed Chinese , you'd fucking love it !!!!! Wouldn't you ?

swifty said:
WOW, you really are... you really do... fuck.... everyday someone suprises me with how stupid they and today I haven't even left the house yet... =D

Brushing your hair and admiring yourself in the mirror were you !:p =D

People who are racist/ sexist/ ageist etc always believe they're 'telling it how it is' but in reality they're just giving their opinion on their limited experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.