Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Aborigines

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gave a ngoonar a lift in my car once
and he stole my stuff from the back seat

ever since then i dont care if im racist to them...yes i do go out off my way too avoid a group off them...i dont look them in the eye cos i know they will just snap...they do smell bad...most young males are violent and females too, they do sexually abuse their own, they are just primative...i know for a fact that not all are like this and it proby would off been better if we left them to the world they know...ie the kimberleys where they can live the way they want.

I grew up in Echuca Vic, which has the largest Aboriginal community in the state of Vic.

Are they white? black? brown? red?
You get a few of the really black ones but the majority are half castes so they look more brown.

Are most of the people racist towards them? It seems so according to the book but it was written almost 7 years ago.
Racism is alive and well on both sides of the fence. They, naturally, bear a huge amount of resentment over white settlers taking their land. Groups of kids, teens, young adults and sometimes even adults, go around in packs at night and will look for any excuse to bash someone up. Even if someone's on their own they'll kick the absolute shit out them. Both guys and girls. Absolutely fucking gutless. And it's incidents like this that cause the white population to hate them. That and all the extra welfare benefits they receive (which they do deserve, but it'd be nice if they stopped tearing down the government houses we build for them).

What language do they speak
English with a bit of crazy slang thrown in. Team that with mumbling and slurred speech from alcoholism and they can be very hard to understand.

Are they actually called Aborigines?
Aboriginals or Kooris we called them. Or Abbos, but that's sort of like Nigger, as in its racist verging on slang.

Last edited:
Charlie Brown said:
...yes i do go out off my way too avoid a group off them...i dont look them in the eye cos i know they will just snap...they do smell bad...most young males are violent and females too

I agree. . . if you see a bunch of aboriginal people hanging around in the park in an australian city, and theyre just sitting around (probably next to a heap of empty wine casks) avoid them like the plague!

I used to be friends with a half caste aboriginal and he was brought up in a good home with a decent family, dad of german decent and mum was 1/2 aboriginal from memory. Anywho he despised racism and was a loose cannon because of this. Every time we would go out to a pub or something there would be massive brawls because of his colour (most of the time i think he just thought people were being racist and used this to fuel his anger) however he had massive issues accepting white people and interacting with them (apart from his mates.)

Im no longer friends with him for obvious reasons but i hear he is still up to his violent ways. His actions and constant violence you could say "justify" racism towards him and other aborigines but there is always the other side to the story too i guess. After all i'd be fairly pissed off if my land was stolen so i can see their point.

KemicalBurn said:
Glad to see you admit it after all that trite you just posted.

Good to see you come up with nothing of use to the discussion, except critism as per usual.

The main problem I have with aborigines is the characteristic bad smell. Its fucking foul and extremely common.

The ones that don't smell are ok in my book :D

I just wish there was more old school ones in suburbia, spear in one hand, didj in the other, dead rabbits over the shoulder and dingoes at the heel painted up ready for war.

A lot of people think all aboriginals are no hopers, drug addicts, criminals because its the people who do the crimes and cause trouble that get the most attention.

A lot of my friends from Perth are aboriginal and most ARE criminals/drug addicts but so were everyone else so I dont see what the bloody difference is besides colour of skin.

nickyj said:
The main problem I have with aborigines is the characteristic bad smell. Its fucking foul and extremely common.

The ones that don't smell are ok in my book :D
Hahah, that reminds me of that joke:
Why do Aboriginals smell?
So blind people can hate them too. =D

It's in bad taste but what isn't these days.

Zephyr: Aborigines do have higher percentages of addiction/ homelessness/ unemployment/ imprisonment than any other culture within Australia.

I'm on the 'help aborigines' bandwagon myself, but I personally wouldn't shrug the crisis off as if it's completely normal. That said, I can definitely see the point you were trying to make :).

Doppelganger said:
Zephyr: Aborigines do have higher percentages of addiction/ homelessness/ unemployment/ imprisonment than any other culture within Australia.

I'm on the 'help aborigines' bandwagon myself, but I personally wouldn't shrug the crisis off as if it's completely normal. That said, I can definitely see the point you were trying to make :).

I might be talking out my arse here as I havent got off my lazy arse to research this but I reckon there is a large percentage of that population that are addicts/crims because they have always been treated differently to whites.

Want to help em? Just treat them the same as anyone else which INCLUDES no special priviledges because they are aboriginal.

But this has all been done to death in this forum, I cant be bothered getting into it again.

To address the OP's question the term aboriginal just means "native people"- the Northern American Indians are referred to as being aborigines as well- native people to that area.

^ I'm curious to know how you think that may help?

No special privilidges would unfortunately mean more aborigines on the streets, which inevitably leads to higher crime rates.

one thing i dont like is that when i have been accosted for money and i say that i have none, i am racially abused. (white cunt) however, if a white person is to do the same, he is in major shit.

a case just recently in western australia highlighted this. a group of black women surrounded a white girl, threatening to rape her and calling her a "white slut". the judge dissmissed the charge pointing out that the term is "australian vanacular".funny, i dont EVER use that term. anyone who cries foul over racism should NEVER be involved in it themselves.

as for them smelling... a lot of homeless people do. there is no reason for being that way. it has nothing to do with colour.

Doppelganger said:
^ I'm curious to know how you think that may help?

No special privilidges would unfortunately mean more aborigines on the streets, which inevitably leads to higher crime rates.

The no special priviledges would have to coexist with no racial predjudice against them in terms of employment/education opportunities too. The fact is, aboriginals do get a lot of extra benefits at the moment and there is still a higher crime rate in that population anyway. Throwing money at them doesnt help when it doesnt cure the racial discrimination problem, it only increases resentment of them.
Just my 2c.

thats the way i have always been with them. thats the way i have been with all people. your suggesting that we go down to the local park and try our luck at conversing with a possibly violent people. there is NO ROOM WHATSOEVER for racism. and i wont deal with it.

and hoping that they will react in a way that is freindly. i dont think it gives you the right to be an animal just because you think your downtrodden. ive been a minoritie at various times in my life and i walked through it. your only a minority if you beleive you are.

for those who hang around the city and are recidivists, ie more than twenty convictions, and are obviously not happy with the way "we have made them live"(yawn) then drop them off in the middle of the simpson, aparrently they were happy the way before, so they shouldnt complain. but probably will.

Last edited:
zephyr said:
The no special priviledges would have to coexist with no racial predjudice against them in terms of employment/education opportunities too. The fact is, aboriginals do get a lot of extra benefits at the moment and there is still a higher crime rate in that population anyway. Throwing money at them doesnt help when it doesnt cure the racial discrimination problem, it only increases resentment of them.
Just my 2c.

Sure, it does!

But just think - how would the alternative [increasing poverty] add to their reputations? I think you've made an excellent point, btw... I just couldn't see them sorting themselves out, landing 9-5 jobs as a result. As mentioned, all I could see is a higher crime rate [I know it's already bad, but it could be a LOT worse.] And in the end, I don't think this improves their reputations at all.

ribolitta - No, I'm not suggesting you go down to your local park and do that! If you're already friendly when you bump into them... then that's great. I'm just suprised you haven't recognized it as the only possible way of beating/ significantly bettering the problem, is all. Obviously one person can't make a huge difference, but if everyone plays their part, rather than complaining...

Last edited:
Beatlebot said:
You can't better yourself if nobody gives you the opportunity to do so. Not many people want to give Aborigines jobs.

ohh come on, please 8) that's gotta be the biggest load of shit I've ever heard, if ever there was a race of people with more opportunities thrown at them I'd like to see it...

EG1) One of my good friends is a school teacher, they get kick backs for the amount of times they attend school, well the parents do anyway, sorta like an incentive to the parents to make sure they aren't wagging school

EG2) I work in construction, and for us to take on an aboriginal apprentice, the govt basically throws money at you to do it. They supply the tools, the education, the transport and pay about 80% of their wage, so we took one on, he worked with us for about 4, on the fifth he rocks up with no tools -
Me: Where's your tools champ?
Him: Lost em...
Me: how
Him: you got a problem with me cos I'm black eh bro?
Me: no, now where are your tools?
Him: Sold em...
Me: Where's the money
Him: Spent it

you get the idea, anyway on the following monday, no sign of him again

EG3) Similar to above but at my girlfriends beauty salon girl works for 3 days and then disappears with all her waxpots, and manicure shit

Anyway I know some really good abo's, some that really try to get out of the crab bucket, but they are sadly few an far between. At the end of the day sterotypes don't create or mantain themselves :\

zephyr said:
Just my 2c.

I couldn't agree with this more, it's really time the govt took a pro-active approach to the problem there's no point throwing good money after bad so they say

Status
Not open for further replies.