• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [4-AcO-DMT Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

I'm going to just eat it. Seems natural as anything to me. I like the appeal of shooting certain substances, but this one strikes me as simply an unnecessary hassle.

I am intrigued as to the nature of Shambles' 3-meo combo however, but I have stopped taking dissociatives a long time ago (specifically ketamine), and I reallly wouldn't like to go that route at all.

Combining it with a phenethylamine, though, could be very interesting.

I'm going to just eat it. Seems natural as anything to me. I like the appeal of shooting certain substances, but this one strikes me as simply an unnecessary hassle.

I am intrigued as to the nature of Shambles' 3-meo combo however, but I have stopped taking dissociatives a long time ago (specifically ketamine), and I reallly wouldn't like to go that route at all.

Combining it with a phenethylamine, though, could be very interesting.

Yeah, ketamine and mushrooms kicks my ass. I'd have to be really careful if I mixed this and K. I'm still probably going to do it! :)

Survived Abortion said:
The way I look at it injecting 4-AcO-DMT changes the qualitative nature of the trip and that in itself justifies the hassle. Injecting LSD is something that's not worth the hassle.
Captain.Heroin said:
Yeah, ketamine and mushrooms kicks my ass. I'd have to be really careful if I mixed this and K. I'm still probably going to do it!
I highly recommend it. I've been IMing 4-ho-DMT (often mixed with 4-AcO-DMT) in the same barrel as ketamine for three years - I think around 15 times total. I've used this combo more than any other psychedelic drug combination. For me, the addition of ketamine reduces anxiety even though it increases the mental intensity. With the exception of some slightly uncomfortable stimulation during the onset, I've never felt anything like fear during any of my trips. For 4-AcO I'd recommend 12 - 14 mg IM with a sub-hole dose of ketamine for your first time, assuming that you're familiar with both substances and you're going for a start in bed, stay in bed type experience. If you're concerned about loosing yourself between worlds, a playlist of trippy music makes a great tour guide.

Last edited:
^that sounds sp amazing.
Id love to give that a shot one day (pun intended, lol)

wish i had some 4 ho dmt to throw in the mix.

ive had the opportunity to do this for so long but still havent. (though i have combined oral psilacetin with snorted K).

i think im a little intimidated by where it may take me. Or rather, how long ill be there.

But its on my to do list, one of these days, when the mood is right.

Just for clarification, do you think it would be possible for people to describe the form of the 4-AcO-DMT they're dosing? For example fumerate or HCL salt.

Fumarate salt almost exclusively. I had the HCL once and although it was stronger, I had a dose that lost a lot of potency within only 3 weeks of getting the sample.

The HCl is more potent by weight, but the effects were not subjectively different, were they? It takes a few extra mgs to get to the same place with the fumarate, but it's SO much more stable that it's definitely the form that this should be in. Unless the effects are actually subjectively different, but I don't anticipate this.

^that sounds sp amazing.
Id love to give that a shot one day (pun intended, lol)

wish i had some 4 ho dmt to throw in the mix.

I'll be trying 4-aco-dmt + K either IM or IV'd very soon! :)

One of the best reports I've come across happens to be psood0nym's account of this very combo. I highly recommend checking it out, regardless of intentions to actually try the cocktail.

Psilocin, Ketamine & 4-AcO-DMT - Experienced - Reflections in an Obsidian Fountain

20mg oral fucked me up good. Lasted 4 hours but had intense visuals both open- and closed-eyes. The OEVs were awesome I have never seen so much color (except for the time I mixed 2C-I and 2C-E on the comedown of a hippie flip) and fractals. I saw the most beautiful sunset colors on the ceiling of my friend's apartment (it was 2am). I also felt a bit of aphrodisiac effects after the peak. I love this stuff.

4 aco dmt methods of administration?

i have about 15 mg of 4-aco-dmt. I have taken it 5 times. i know i can take it orally, which most likely i will, but i was wondering what the other routes were? plugging/snorting available? i know you can IV, though i really don't want to do that with this substance till ive dont it a few more times. also if any other option, other than IV and oral are available, whats the opinions? thanks

cheers

personally have not tried nasal. from what i've read, nasal does NOT increase the intensity for the same dose. i believe the same holds for rectal dosing.

just eat it, 15mg is a good moderate dose.

or i guess you could drop it in your eye ;) just kidding

I hear that nasal doses don't work well with this compound - people seem to be reporting that it's comparable to taking the same dose orally at best, and sometimes it seems to be far LESS efficient. The only ROA I've tried is oral and it seems like non-oral ROAs are a lot less common with this compound than most others.

I have to agree with what seems to be the general consensus regarding nasal administration. for me it takes just as long as the oral route, and does not last as long. I find dissolving this compound in water is the most pleasant method. Shockingly fast acting on an empty stomach.

I just want to report that it was active and pleasant at about 5mg orally. I was able to take it at work and had no problems getting my job done, and in fact it was a pleasant time. No real visuals or anything, but my office did look amazing with the lights out (there are six computer monitors in here and I felt like I was on board the USS Enterprise or something).

Hey guys, plugging this is definitely my favourite way of doing it, however I think i need some technique advise from someone more experienced at it than me?

I have it stored in a liquid solution and use a 5mL syringe with lube to get it in there. I wipe thoroughly afterwards but I can't escape the feeling of something foreign being in my butt for up to an hour or two afterwards... and it really kinda brings the trip down. Am I using too much lube? is there another way to get a liquid in there, while using less or no lube? thanks :)

I only had this problem for like 10 minutes after I did it. I did have a problem with it on my practice run though. The difference was I didn't put the tube up my bum far enough. I couldn't even feel it being injected or whatever. I don't think it's the lube.

What dose should I be starting with IM? For a psychedelic hardhead that wants a decent trip and for my gf who usually needs lower than average doses. Fumarate by the way :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't, double/triple post like that, folks will get around to answering when they feel like it. As for a good dose, that would probably depend on what you would consider a good tripping dose orally. It's a very personal thing, there's not some exact dosage guide we can use to spoon feed you the info, if you're going to be doing something as far out as injecting psychs (aside from ones normally injected like K), you can't expect there to be a deep well of precise info for you to casually dip into, you are one of the ones creating this info. Know your drug well and be ready to take some initiative (responsibly)...

Anyhow, I'm going to recommend starting at say, 10-12 mg, see how that feels and adjust your dose accordingly (unless your normal oral doses are something crazy like 40+mg or something, in which case feel free to start higher). I've only IV'd it, never IM'd so I can't give you my personal experience. Look up some TR's on IM 4-sub trypts and check out the dosages used vs standard oral ones and the quality of experiences given, and use that as a basis perhaps.