View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [4-AcO-DMT Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

turkeyphant

Bluelighter
I've been told that low doses are very clear-headed - much more so than mushrooms usually are. Apparently, 9-10mg with no tolerance was not much stronger than a gram of dried cubensis and baseline-to-baseline was about six hours.

Last edited:
This one is much more clear-headed than mushrooms, for sure. At least in my experience it is. Even at a very high dose once I was able to think very coherently (although much, much too fast and with too many lines of thought at once to articulate it all). I was also able to clearly type down a lot of coherent text of one of those trains of thought even amidst the sea of collective consciousness, although it took a while.

A couple of other times on high doses (not even as high in fact) I was rendered quite stunned and was quite unable to do anything task-oriented, though.

Can I ask your dosage Xorkoth? I'll be trying this combo with 4-ho-DMT, I think, once I try AMT a couple times. I believe AMT is going to be a great adjunct to a few chemicals! Or hope at least! :)

The +4 was with 40mg of AMT and a few hours later a total of 60mg 4-AcO-DMT (with tolerance and in 3 doses spread over about 1.5 hours). The experience yesterday was with 55mg AMT (general AMT tolerance although hadn't used a psychedelic for over a week) and 8mg 4-AcO-DMT about 3 hours in. I visited Reynolda Park and checked out the rose bushes and gardens and then walked down by a stream and spent the rest of the day outside at a friend's house. My fiance and both friends we were with all had contact highs and continually expressed how the weed was making them feel like they were tripping =D.

recently ingested 105 mg mixed with some mountain dew. was pretty tite, closed visuals were amazing and intense. euphoria to the max. open eye visuals were crisp and beautiful. but later spiraled into a bad trip when brother threw football at face and sent my mind into a state of madness. rolled around on the ground for a good while and blacked out. going to try 25 mg with a tab sometime.

Damn, 105 is a pretty high dose.. Is that a typo, or did you really ingest that much? That seems like it would be the equivalent of 1/2oz of mushrooms or so?

Anyway, this stuff mixes wonderfully with LSD. I ate 25mg and 1.5 weak geltabs the other weekend, it was really nice.

I need to re-stock up on this one, I want to try it out a few (okay, several) more times at higher dosages.

What is the current considered "safeish" dose of 4-AcO-DMT? I have never done more than 30mg of the fumarate in the past, and it was intense, but I would like more.

Since it is psilacetin, and similar to psilocin, is it safe to assume I can ingest 40-60mg of this compound without toxic effects? I have never had a bad experience with this compound and have done it many times.

Well, a post above claims to have eaten 105mg and "was pretty tite".. Could be a typo, could be the legitimate truth. I know some people REALLY push the dosages with mushrooms, so I would *assume* it to be fairly safe even at large dosages (+60mg)

*Not a doctor, not an anything.. So don't take my word on it.

^ then again some people have had ++++ experiences on doses as low as 15-20mg. 4-AcO-DMT doesn't appear to be linear or consistent in its dose range so before anyone wishes to be "heroic" the smartest thing is to work up slowly to see how your body reacts (if you don't already know), otherwise the exact same dose can easily be considered reckless or moronic.

Through inference, there is reason to believe that 4-AcO-DMT has a similar safety profile as psilocin and psilocybin, but you don't want to be the person to find out otherwise.

If you don't treat these chemicals and plants with respect (the DMT family especially), its only a matter of time before they kick your ass in my opinion. Fairly obvious, but if someone were to read this page out of context of the thread they may get the idea that 30-100mg is the standard dose range for this compound...

------------------------------------------------
xvarnah3 said:
I am a collector of rare manuscripts, and I have scanned some hard to find psychedelia for sharing freely in email. Always happy to make new psychonaut friends. I have a lot of scarce Brion Gysin texts, if anyone wants them also along with rare stuff from hard to find magazines of the 60's 70's and 80's.

yahoo messenger ID is xvarnah3 . I prefer to use yahoo mess with the free IM encryption program scatterchat which handles several IM formats and has industrial strength crypto.

Very interested in trading INFORMATION and rare articles, capiche?

greets,

Xvarnah

Is it just me, or does that sound a lot like the infamous Luis M. Arsupial?

Yeah definitely start low with this one! 12-15mg is probably good! I tried 15mg first time and it surprised me by giving me a strong +3. Take your time with it. There's no need to rush it. It is coming already. Manifesting itself.

I will be getting 0.1 grams (100mgs) soon. I dont have a weighting scale though. I was thinking of eyeing the dose, say divide the quantity by 5 to make 20mgs each. Is this feasible and relatively safe? I was thinking 15-20mgs good for a first dose (I weight 180lbs lean).

If not, how much can a weighting scale set my down by?

Thanks

^ No, this is not safe at all, because 1) you cannot be sure that what you're getting is exactly 100mg; and 2) you could be way off eyeballing doses like that.

Let's assume that you got 200mg instead of 100mg, and you try to eyeball 1/5 out of that, but are off by around 50% (not a high percentage at all when eyeballing powders) - this means you might easily be getting 50-60mg instead of 20mg! That is WAY off and a HUGE dose of 4-AcO-DMT.

If you don't want to buy a milligram scale, at least get one accurate enough to weigh your original amount (0.01g accuracy should be enough for weighing amounts 100mg+), and use liquid measurement to weigh out individual doses.

Threads of interest:
The Big and Dandy Scale Thread
Liquid Measurement Mega-Thread

Last edited:
Yes, and to reiterate... trust me El Toro, it's not unusual to get a different amount than you expect, even from friends or reputable chemical suppliers. Seriously, you can't expect the weight you get to be the real weight.

I recommend a scale, as they're not expensive to get a decent one and you can use it for all future experiments and discover how much common household items weigh. =D

If you MUST do this without a scale and just assume the starting weight, then use liquid measurement at least (which Recept linked to). That is a much more accurate way of dosing than eyeballing. Eyeballing is a horrible idea. As an experiment, I have weighed equal quantities of various powders (including 4-AcO-DMT incidentally) and compared how they looked, and each can look very different, depending on how the individual molecules and clumps fall together. One 20mg pile can look twice as big as another in some cases. It's just not a safe or accurate way of dosing on anything, especially when the dose is 15-20mg. I wouldn't even eyeball methylone (175-200mg or more dose).

You need a mg scale - look on ebay for jprecision or american weigh - both are the same model, different branding - they cost about 40-50 bucks -

good luck and SAFE journeys :)
S_S

EVERYTHING UP TO THIS POINT CAN BE REORGANIZED INTO THE CURRENT 4-AcO-DMT THREAD BECAUSE EVERYTHING AFTER THIS RUNS PARALLEL IN TIME AND WOULD MESS UP THE DISCUSSIONS / TIMELINES :)

thanks. Solipsis.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was supposed to get 20mg of DOC and 80mg of 2C-B, it turned out to be ~80mg of DOC and ~250mg of 2C-B. I certainly wasn't disappointed, but had I simply done liquid measurement, or worse eyeballed assuming the original weight was correct, it could have been a disaster. If I had simply grabbed the 80mg bag thinking it was 2C-B and taken 15-20mg, who knows how it could have turned out?

Don't guess. If you can find and afford research chemicals, you can find and afford a decent mg scale.

Last edited:
Is 4-Aco-DMT vapourizible or smokeable? In suitably less dose's than orally?%)

I probably said it earlier in this thread but I'll say it again, this chem. is right up there with my fave's. I like eating it, but I also like plugging it a lot and hope to try out I.M. tomorrow and maybe an I.V. experience in the future after a couple things I read today, including that it lasts 3-4 hours and is very similar to DMT, all sounds good to me. Also, this chem. is good at all sorts of dosages, I've tried low, mid, and high doses, I feel like I could take it really far. I also feel like I need to get massive amounts of 4-AcO, it's one of those things, like acid, that I just want to buy a lot of, just so I have it. hehe.

i know exactly what you mean baltiland
if this ally becomes illegal it would truely be a dark day for us all.

Something magnificent... just beckons me, to acquire 1 KG :p

Yeah... I have overindulged in psychedelics the past few years, really... They were just teaching me so much and opening my mind further and further.... and as a (recovering) addict, Obviously if something=good, Lots of something should = better.

I've since learned that this isn't the case and moderation is key... but 2c-e for example, that I've taken probably 300 times or more has lost most of it's magic... It will still teach me if I truly look for the lessons... but I do have to truly look.... it no longer just blasts me to infinity.

Do all doses of 4-aco-dmt cause confusion for you? I'll hope this isn't the case... First trial is happening tonight. :)

I first tried it at 10 or 12.5 mg (can't remember) which is a low dose and me and my friend entered a barely visual (lots of blues) but very empathogenic state. Identity crisis is one of the first things that become apparent with this chemical, and it basically gives your ego a shake no matter what the dosage. This is what I've found

I've not ventured higher than 22 mg. That was highly visual aswell (in a unique, mellow way, very nice) and extremely confrontational.

I wish you luck!

I have found:

5-10mg: good for a light psychedelic buzz. I take this dose for concerts often. It can be a bit uncomfortable coming up in a crowd but once past that, it makes practically any concert awesome. Might want some caffiene though, 4-aco-dmt can make me a bit sleepy.

15-20mg: usually a solid medium-strength trip. The first time I took this drug I took 20mg, and that was very very strong mentally. TR
Since that trip I have never had strong mental effects on 4-aco-dmt

25+mg: usually quite strong, 27mg left me unable to move for about an hour, the visuals were ridiculous