• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [4-AcO-DMT Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

I needed the info in time, which failed to happen so I bumped it up where people could see (I know I only read whats on the first page).

I wasn't asking to be spoonfed the dose, I had done plenty of research all over the place but barely anyone listed any info so I was asking for a rough dosing guide as I don't know my oral doses. Tryptamines make me so sick that they aren't even worth dosing orally, turned out that IM proved to be just as bad but at least a shorter lasting come up.

I decided to start with 5mg which really only had effects for about 3 hours with a +3 on the peak for about half an hour. Was enough to make me vomit and have to lay down but gave me a nice introduction to 4-AcO-DMT. It was very, very sedating but I had consumed poppy seed tea earlier. I will try probably around double next time for a full blown trip, 5 would be perfect for my gf.

Does IV cause nausea for you? I want to try it but will need a sitter and probably have to spew :/

Ah, so you get some pretty hard side effects from tryptamines (this one is pretty sedating in general though). Yeah, IV causes nausea during the come up (also tremors, and general intensity). You would probably throw up if you do from other ROAs.

That's unfortunate, I would like to give it a try but vomiting on psychedelics always feels like I'm gonna die. Not the best feeling.

Cheers for that.

Have you tried using an anti-emetic to alleviate the nausea? Namely I'm thinking cannabis, but not everyone likes to combine that with psychs.

I have tried a few anti-histamines that other people usually suggest but they don't have much effect on me as I used to be on Mirtazapine and I can't even feel 70mg of Promethazine.
Yeah cannabis is great for it, however I am an ex weed addict so my in-take and supply is very limited to prevent falling back into that habit. Any other suggestions?

If I hang on to some 4-AcO for IV I will be sure to be really stoned first to prevent nausea (as I find it gets rid of almost any from any Opiate, Psych or Stim.

The thing that leaps to mind is Odansetron (the Cadillac of anti-emetics), if you can get your hands on some.

Having a snorting fetish, I usually (though not always) snort 4-AcO-DMT. It's more intense and requires lower doses than orally but the downside is the trip is very short (approx. 3 h) and fades rapidly. From starting to feeling "normal" to being back to baseline takes only 15-20 minutes. I've never experienced any kind of nausea nor nasally nor orally. Not the slightest hint of nausea.

I have done 4-aco-dmt several times. The first time, I did 25mg orally. It was a very cool trip. I went for a walk in nature, by myself, and just chilled, sitting on the side of a mountain for most of the trip. Had some weed and a couple beers. Good trip.

I have tried it up the nose. I guess it worked a bit quicker than oral, but not by much. Very nice drug if you get the right batch. I did it with a friend, and after a few "add ons", I'd say I did about 90mg's that night. Very good clean trip even with such a high dose. Such amazing visuals... things started to look cartoonish, and wow, the bathroom is super trippy.

This would be such a wicked party drug... get like 12 or more people together and everyone getting high, could be an awesome day.

This would be such a wicked party drug... get like 12 or more people together and everyone getting high, could be an awesome day.

It's strange how differently people react to 4-AcO-DMT. I could never, ever be at a party on it. It is far too sedating, for me it's the "opiate tryptamine" and I love it for that reason. No other tryptamine has had the same sedating, dreamlike effect on me, where I can just sink into the trip which embraces me in such a loving and peaceful way. The feeling of inner peace is absolutely wonderful. Shrooms would come closest. But 4-AcO-DMT beats shrooms by miles IME.

just to make it clear, is 4-aco-dmt fumarate water soluble? also, is it going to store well in a 50/50 mixture or alcohol/juice?

and last few times I did real shrooms I lemon teked them and I tought it shortens the come-up, would adding lemon juice to my 50/50 mix after it measured be any beneficial???

Have no first-hand experience, but it should be water soluble. Storing it in solution will reduce its shelf life considerably, better to dissolve only a few doses and use them over the course a few weeks (and report back how fast you found degradation to become noticeable, if possible. That piece of information could be valuable for others).
It's been hypothesized that during the lemon tek the phosphoric acid part of psilocybin is cleaved, one ends up with 4-HO-DMT, which theoretically produces a faster come-up and so on. This phosphoric acid part of the molecule however protects the HO-group from oxidation. The same is perhaps true for 4-AcO-DMT, and you could end up with a less stable substance. Moreover, the 4-AcO-part could too make the come-up shorter relative to psilocybin, if it stays on the molecule until it distributes into the bloodstream (if not, you have again straight psilocin; nothing gained and nothing lost).
If you plan to orally ingest it, I see no benefit to try a lemon tek on it.

I'll confirm that 4-aco-dmt fumarate is soluble. I've put 122mg in 400ml of vodka and with a good shaking it dissolved completly. can't comment on the degradation because I did all of it that night (pretty sure I had a weak batch)

I'll confirm that 4-aco-dmt fumarate is soluble. I've put 122mg in 400ml of vodka and with a good shaking it dissolved completly. can't comment on the degradation because I did all of it that night (pretty sure I had a weak batch)

He's asking about it being water soluble though - solubility in H2O and Ethanol tend to be different, and most substances are more readily soluble in an Ethanol based solution than regular water. ;)

10mg 4-aco-dmt

Hi

I took a gel cap of 10mg 4-aco-dmt fumarate. Bought from it from this vendor with Astronomical prices. Anyway, I hardly got anything from it. Few bright colours and some dreamy hypnagogics and cool sounds when I went to bed. Fell asleep after a couple of hours, woke up feeling okay and kinda...meh! Is this normal? I expected more from a 10mg starter dose. I'm not on any other meds.

Many thanking yous in advance

IME 10 mg is not very visual at all. Mostly a very sedative nice body high and some trippy thought patterns and a feeling like I'm tripping but nothing really there besides the (sometimes disctracting) body load. I don't find doses below 20 mgs very recreational. I've found 23-25 mgs a perfect dose.

What did your fumerate look like? Maybe you got a degraded sample? Also 10 mg is a very gentle dose, I probably would have insufflated it to get more out of it.

IME 10 mg is not very visual at all. Mostly a very sedative nice body high and some trippy thought patterns and a feeling like I'm tripping but nothing really there besides the (sometimes disctracting) body load. I don't find doses below 20 mgs very recreational. I've found 23-25 mgs a perfect dose.

What did your fumerate look like? Maybe you got a degraded sample? Also 10 mg is a very gentle dose, I probably would have insufflated it to get more out of it.

I'm no expert but the fumarate looked quite good. A nice, slightly off white, dry powder. I'm glad you've confirmed that 10mg is pretty uninspiring because I was worried I'd got some dud goods :) I'll try 20mg next time. Thanks for your help.

Just one other thing: my face went absolutely bright red! Any idea why that is??

Last edited:
Hey guys, finally getting around to trying this chemical with a few friends. Just have a few questions:

-Seems like there is a LOT of variability on the dosage. We(or at least I) are looking for a dosage comparable to a moderate mushroom trip. Mild visual, euphoria...etc. Would something in the range of 15-20mg be advisable?
-I don't really know if i have the fumarate or HCL salt, anyway to visually/qualitatively differentiate between the two?
-I'm assuming the best way to orally dose this is in a liquid solution?
-What is the insufflation dosage?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I've been told that low doses are very clear-headed - much more so than mushrooms usually are. Apparently, 9-10mg with no tolerance was not much stronger than a gram of dried cubensis and baseline-to-baseline was about six hours.
True, I read somewhere on erowid that low doses are over in 2,5h and thought thats very convenient.
I tried ~8mg then drank half of the water and 80mins later the rest.
Overall it took 6h to get to baseline just like shrooms

I had a little nausea that I tried to cure with strong coffe which worked at first but towards the end of the trip my stomach was so acidic it was painfull and I couldnt puke.
Milk helped, so I guess I should have tried to neutralise that earlier.

Last edited: